Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Question on the 800K. If there is more than 800K and I've been making withdrawals from the account for living expenses, is that still okay if there is still at least 800K that arrived at least 90 days prior to applying for the retirement extension? Thanks.

Yes, they actually like to see an active account. It sort of verifies things.

But as you correctly say, keep it above the 800k amount, for the 3 month period before renewing a retirement extension.

Sixty days for 1st time applications.

Edited by jacko
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent all day there yesterday, wanting to kill 2 birds with one stone! Had my 90 day report to do, and wanted a Re-entry permit. As a good boy I always have my completed forms and copies all ready

Below is the answers to getting a retirement Visa in Pattaya, this is from a friend who worked at a Visa company before she changed jobs.   She says go direct to the immigration and no need to use a

Please MM... Not you. You are here for a long time and you are very often on the Internet, so you should know...   First there is no "retirement visa". What you get is a "1-year Extension for reaso

Question on the 800K. If there is more than 800K and I've been making withdrawals from the account for living expenses, is that still okay if there is still at least 800K that arrived at least 90 days prior to applying for the retirement extension? Thanks.

Yes. It merely has to remain above 800k during the period being reviewed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had until the 22nd of Jan to renew my visa……….I usually go about the 11th to be safe.

Some perverse compulsion had me up this morning thinking I'll go Christmas Day…..

……..Should be quiet!

But actually once I got started on collating all the stuff and having the pic taken I thought bugger I'll go today…..Christmas Eve'

Got there at 12.45 to queue for a ticket…….About 15 people ahead of me.

Got 641 at about 12.50……Which turned out to the first in the afternoon queue for the one year visa.

Ping and an automated voice beckoned me to table 6.

He shuffled and ordered my papers into the order that suited….I'd already stapled my photo... 15 secs gone. Counted on his fingers the months from Sept 1st and saw that it was the required 3 months that my account had been above 800,000 baht. 10 secs. Took the money and gave me 100 baht back and a number for collection tomorrow after 10 am…...

Under a minute!!!!

Put me in fine fettle!

Out the door and back at my condo by 5 past 1pm

Thai efficiency at it's best.

I'm claiming the record.

• Upvote 1

Excellent, I had a reasonable run the week before.

Got a ticket fairly quick and was then waiting about 40 minutes. Nice chat with an American as I waited.

As you say a shuffle and reordering of the papers by the lady, money please, here is your change, a ticket, come back tomorrow after 10.

Some say get there when they open, not sure about that, there has always been many before me when I do so, and such a trial to get there so early, living on the North of Pattaya. I chose a Tuesday, as I was busy Wednesday AM, avoiding the black days of Monday and Friday. But I went to the bank first to get my letter.....that was quick too.

To be honest the biggest drag was driving back there around midday in heavy lunchtime traffic on Wednesday. Then they just told me I had to wait until 1pm (in the past I had managed to pick up my passport at lunch-break). Simple Simon a good place for a snack, or a rub-n-tug in the next street! Done with for another year, a nice new retirement extension.

I think you did right going before their NY break.

• Upvote 1

I have to go back today after 10 to collect my passport………..I'll see how busy it is.

Edit in:……..Very quiet and pleasant Christmas Day.

Smiles all-round ……Well from the Thais. All in red with Santa hats……Lovely.

Falangs sporting frowns as always. I wanted to shout, "lighten up you buggers" But thought I'd would have got arrested for being cheerful.!

Edited by atlas2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spent all day there yesterday, wanting to kill 2 birds with one stone!

Had my 90 day report to do, and wanted a Re-entry permit.

As a good boy I always have my completed forms and copies all ready and clipped together and ready to go...... and arrived there about 10.45, on a Wednesday, as it is normally quieter than earlier in the week.

I was told to come back at 12.30 for the Re-entry....already full. The place was packed out, people milling around wondering where to put themselves.

90 day reporting, a 10 minute wait if that, and both the man and woman operating computers, my copies all taken and now I have the bar-code and no need to do the form or copies next time.

Still early, 11.15, looks like a rub and tug required to kill the time, avoid beer!

Back at 12.15, a queue snaking all the way from the 'often unhappy' guy's desk at the entrance to where the residence letters are issued at the back. Ever impatient, I sit down, of course I should join the queue with all the others who had been told to return at 12.30, but I detest standing in long lines....... anyhow, 20 minutes later I join the shorter queue, my paperwork is given a cursory glance, and I am issued a queue ticket some 50+ beyond currently showing on the board. Work has not started yet behind the desks at 12.45, lunch break.

Went and sat outside as fed up of being bustled and shoulder checked, and it isn't too hot. Talking to a guy outside, he is confused why a piece of paper is in his passport with a copy of someone else's passport.... actually his 90 day reporting date/form is on the other side. So some recycling going on.... but not for those who expect confidentiality!

Everyone is working hard later, I find a seat, the numbers mover remorselessly, painfully, slowly for one waiting who didn't bring a newspaper or book, nor a smart phone to play dumb games on or send inane messages.

Anyhow, out with passport and Exit-Rentry about 3.15pm.

They are busy there, overwhelmed nearly, but working hard to serve you..... go early, and get in the queue to save time... don't be awkward like me!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2
  • 3 months later...

Hi. My experience at Jomtien/Pattaya for "Retirement Extension" this Wednesday May 27th:

Required documents for my case (Retirement Ext. with proof of revenues)

- TM.7 filled, signed, with photo

- Embassy Attestation (that revenues > 65'000 baht/month)

- Passport copies:

- - data page (name, photo, ...)

- - last Extension stamp

- - initial Non-O Visa (or page with transfer on new passport)

- - entry stamp + TM.6 (Departure Card)

- Proof of address : Electric bill is ok

- Bank Passbook (copy of first and last page)

- 1'900 baht fee

Nota:

- The utility bill was already asked to me last year

- It's the first ever time I have to show a Bank Passbook !

PS: Arrived at about 8:05am, the place nearly empty. I was out at 8:14am :)

• Upvote 1