Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Penthouse is very much one of them hotels that you see on tacky "insight in swinging documentrys" broadcast in the early hours of a sunday on some low budget cable channel. But it has a welcoming human side.

The room rates vary from bloody cheap to jesus christ! how much!.  But as the saying goes, one mans ceiling is another mans floor.  I stayed in one of the "manilla" rooms, which compaired to my two travel companions i seemed to score as it was larger and cooler than their higher rate rooms.

We booked up via the net, and opted for the "champaign limo" service for 11,500bht each.  First hitch occured when only two cars were sent for the three of use, so we packed the biggest perv of our group off on his own leaving myself and another to share two girlys in the rather cramped rear of a toyota.  Limo also being a loosly used term, as it was nothing more than a decent family car.  We also got tapped for the road tolls if we wanted to get there quick.  So after being praticly force fed two bottles of cheap fizzy stuff we were on our way.  The girls were friendly enough and patted and stoked us at random intervils, but it wasnt the 5 star, relaxing massage service etc as we thought.  Other body blow was after getting to the hotel, and spending a few hours with you the girls then wanted 2000bht each. Bit of a rip i think....

The hotel is a stone throws from the beach and walking street, superb location.  The hotel itself is a bit of a old building, but the staff are superb with your room being cleaned and tidied twice a day.  It seems to be in a programm of constant updating.  It aint exactly superb decor, but its clean and has a lot of character.

My room was of decent size, lots of mirrors (yes on ceiling) a huge bed with a dual sided matress (hard and soft) a decent sized shower/wc, cd player, cable tv, and a rather ample air con unit.  Services provided are laundry, 24h room service, well stocked mini bar, all at very cheap prices.  My friend who upgraded to one of the party rooms on the top floor had a 4 person jacuzi, a sex swing, dancing podium, huge bed, DVD player, two balconys etc etc, a real play room, but i couldnt see the jusifacation for the huge extra cost. He did mumble about it not having a toilet door, and having a passion for Thai currys he would find himself popping to the lobby w.c. to shed his smelly loads when he had company!

Other services i took advanage of is the postage, having sent a number of things back to the UK, the hotel take your goods, wrap them, post them registered and give you a full receipt for a added 100bht, bargain!

Also they have internet access, giving for a limited free time to residents.

In short my room was big, clean, comfy and well serviced. The hotel was very welcoming, with good priced tasty food 24/7 and they dont batter an eye lid at who or how many people you bring back. The free safty deposit box is a real bonus.

The Kitten club was a bit of a let down, the girls only seem to put effort into playing pool, or taking the piss out of each others farang pick up. the girls on the dance poles only seem to be going through the motions. Those without a chap then try and tap unattended farangs while the other girl is away.  Not the best of atmospheres. Mamasan didnt seem that bothered at her girls behaviour as well, probs why their a bit wild. But beer is cheap and some of the girls are real honeys.

Good: My room, the service staff, extra services offered, food, price, location, relaxed atmosphere

Bad: Champiagn pickup - its a con, kitten club girls lack of effort. Price of the party rooms

Two questions:

1. Safe deposit box in the room or in the lobby?

2. What are the rates you paid for the rooms?

TIA

SF dude

;Djsut to answer the questions.  safe boxes are at front desk open to acess at 8:00am to 12:00 am /midnight. the room mention is 550 baht on  internet but can be had for less with out breakfast. the last room was at 4000 baht a night.  adn i agree with comment why the camp service? but i can guess the girls and hotel thank you for the extra baht. the price of  the grils is include in the limo service the girls just got you for  a few more baht. that as they say is tit. cheers mate and have a good time ;D 150 days to go but who is counting

Guest Belem

I didn't care for the Penthouse when I stayed there. The location is the best in Pattaya imo, and it is a good place for newbies. The mirrors in the rooms are great. Also, Dudley, the owner, is a good source of information. However, there are lots of places in Pattaya that offer better value for your money. Don't let the housekeepers do your laundry. They will take it to one of those cheap laundry places on Soi Diana Inn for 150-200 baht and charge you 600-700 baht- a pretty good profit margin for them. >;)

:) Yo G dude and welcome to the board, ;)you should have revewed the oily massage around the corner from the hotel at the top of walking St

you seemed to be always trying to "give tip for lady" for some reason or other. ;D

Answer to patchadams it seemed like a good idear at the time. 8)

We thought that the BG were included in the price but you try and think streight after a couple of bottles of cheap fiff and a 12hour flight ;)

I am not the biggest perv its just thatIi need more practice and I am a man of large and voratious apitite. 8)

heres there web site and prices i am there in august some of me say staying there other part of me say try somewhere else but the locatin and friendlist is good

www.penthousehotel.com

also only ting i dint like was noise factor from gogo couldnt sleep until it shut. but i was on on second floor maila room

Rhino

Yo chaps,

Firstly sorry for not replying, i dont get much of a chance to get on the net at the mo! but thank you to the lads for answering the questions!  :D

As for Pete. you are the biggest perv of our group, by all accounts the only thing you didnt have the girls do was a "Ralphie!"  ;)

(for those not in the know watch series 4, episode 3 of the Soprano`s) Me and Paul are saving to get you the Siporetto wig!

Still aint that whats its about, floating your boat in strange and wonderful waters..... ah happy memories! (except being the only sod to go TWICE to a massage for parlour,ask for a two hour oily and give the girls a wink, and only come away with my stiff back sorted!  >:D :-/ :'(  )

G`ster

Guest Belem

Also, if you stay there, watch your mini bar bill. If you bring in your own drinks for the fridge, the housekeepers have been known to count the bottles in the garbage as your usage instead of taking inventory of the stock in your fridge [smiley=bullshit.gif]. One time, I got blindsided with an inflated mini bar charge upon checking out, and it took a while for me to get the bill adjusted [smiley=banghead.gif].

I had forgotten about the minibar problem.  After I had a problem one time I started buying drinks at the 7-11 that were not stocked in the minibar and did not have any more problems.

I've stayed there twice once in Dec 2001 and again in Dec 2002 I'll probably stay there again but like it's already been mentioned watch your mini bar list like a hawk both times I've been there they billed me for stuff I didn't use. Hell why would anyone use their condemns when we all know were coming to party with the girls yet every time they try to slip a few condoms onto my bill unless you catch it right away you'll end up paying for it. Now I always check my mini-bar everyday after their done with my room. To bad about this because otherwise it's a great hotel with a lot of cuties and a no hassle policy about the girls you bring back to your room

• 2 weeks later...

Penthouse was a mixed bag.  

Good:

I really liked the room, reminded me of a Disneyland on Acid type set up for adults.  The room I had was amazingly quiet even though it overlooked the soi (I think the only really noisy ones are those that are over the go go).    I LOVE mirrors on the ceiling and find it incredibly erotic to watch myself and the tg go at it.  I also like the lighting as it lends a cool ambience to the room.  The TG really seemed to like the room as well.   For me the environment IS important and I had one of the most intense two girl bone sessions I've ever had in that room.  

More on the quiet room.  I never had a problem hearing other people.  I am a light sleeper and really hate hearing someone else's TV, stereo or sexathon.  Never a prob in this place.

I also hate a lot of light in the morning.  I felt this place really had nice black out curtains which made my morning all that more restful.  

I really liked the balcony.  I am a people watcher, and it was cool to just chill, drink a cold one and watch the evening begin.  Nice!

Also the staff was cool to me.  I checked in off the street and we haggled for a bit.  The owner finally came in and cut me a deal.  I only got a few hundy off the room so probably wasn't worth the effort, but now bargaining is a habit for me  in Thailand.    Also there was this opened bottle of lotion in the room that I found out I was getting charged for.  I and the TG explained in Thai that we didn't use it and lo and behold they actually didn't charge us for it!!  For someone that's travelled to Thailand often, this was truly 'Amazing Thailand'.  

I like the location.  I'm not a go-go person but it's not too bad for walking to walking street or if you are cruising for chicks on the boardwalk.  

THE BAD

The toilet was in a weird location and NO fucking privacy.  Sorry, but I like to take a shit without having someone be able to watch me.  

It's hard to tell what is free in the room and what isn't.  Some amenities (like shampoo) you will get charged for.  Shit, I wasn't even sure the coffee was free until I went to check out.  There's too much crap hanging around which makes it easy for mistakes to be made.  Overall I got the feeling that I was being nickel and dimed in a place that already is expensive by Pattaya standards.   I don't like the go go girls from Kitten as I think they really go for all the shit (maybe a kickback or instruction from the boss?).   I never had that much of a problem with other girls I took to the room.

I don't like the go go.  Just didn't have a good experience in there.  I got this one 'latch on' girl that I bought a drink for and then she freaked out when I told her I was interested in another girl.  

The champagne service is a newbie rip-off. Shit, you pay 10k for a 1000bt ride, they give you two bottles of cheap fizzy and THEN the girls want 2000 baht each!! WTF??  I'm glad I've never partaken in it as I've never heard anything good about it.  

BTW, never could get the jaquizzi to work and calls to room service were unsuccessful in solving the problem.  

Overall its a mixed bag.  If it wasn't for those damn mirrors and ambience I'd probably stick to places that are a little cheaper.  Someone should take a hotel and turn it into a more 'adult' style venue.  I think there's room for more 'niche' hotels like this one.  

Casper I've also wondered the same.  Back in the 70's someone in Sacramento took a rundown motel and installed closed circuit TV's that showed adult movies, mirrors on the ceilings and walls and jaquizzis in each room.  The following year that motel lead the nation in occupancy rate, around 300%.  Many people at the workplaces in Sacramento were taking long lunches.  ;D

Emil

Soi 7,

It was in West Sacramento, called the Experience Motel.  I just looked in the phone directory and its still open but I don't think its as popular as back then when it was a novelty.

Emil

Yeah Emil, I am really surprised, esp in Pattaya that one has not spent more time capitalizing on the Adult trade.  I mean how freaking expensive could it be to install mirrors on the ceiling and put a little dough in ambient lighting.  Seems the 'small touches' would really help a lot.  

Other things like dependable hot water, an A/C that was clean (I've have three times the sore throats and respiratory infections from dirty A/C than I get at my job!), and a comfortable bed would go a long way at getting people to stay there.   Some people are totally fixated on cost, but I would sure be willing to pay a little more for simple amenities like this.  

• 2 weeks later...

funny you should mention the A/C, i did have a hell of a heavy chest when stopping there, i put it down to spending to much time in damp lower regions!