Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Immigration with a renewed Passport

I received my renewed passport today. I will have to go to Immigration to transfer the stamps (Visa, 90 day etc). Do I need to have any other forms to do this?

Thanks in advance....

I don't think they transfer the actual visa, only your permission to stay and any re-entry permit you may have. It's meant to be a free service, but ... :ninja: There is a form to complete (and you'll need copies of the relevant pages from both passports).

I received my renewed passport today. I will have to go to Immigration to transfer the stamps (Visa, 90 day etc). Do I need to have any other forms to do this?

Thanks in advance....

There is a form to do this which I filled in,but they never took it off me.

Doesn't have a number but it is in here...

It was very straightforward and one of the few things done free!

Edited by jacko

ii remember reading a thread on thai visa that they have stopped transferring visa extensions to new passports so you may have to apply for a new extension.

What the new regulation says is that your extension of stay won't exceed the validity of your passport. It means you'll have to put some thought into when you actually renew your passport if it's due to expire. I'm not sure how it works if you renew your passport because you run out of pages after you have your one-year extension. I'll find out in the next couple of months.

Edited by CheshireTom

ii remember reading a thread on thai visa that they have stopped transferring visa extensions to new passports so you may have to apply for a new extension.

I thought that was into 'old' passports, ie those due to expire.

Thanks for the help, guys... I went in this morning at 9:35 and was out at 9:45, being told to come back tomorrow after 14:00 to pick up my passport.

Don't forget this will not change your next 90-day reporting date.

• Upvote 1

When I transferred the stamp into my new passport, it was done in a few minutes and I paid 200 baht.

Was it an expediency 'tip'....I am quite sure it should be free?

Edited by jacko

Although I have no experience in the matter, I'm surprised the stamp has to be transferred at all.

I've heard for people who get the US 10 year multiple entry tourist visa, if their passport expires, then they simply bring both. Likewise, I'd imagine that one would simply bring both passports next time one had to deal with Thai immigration. But if were in that situation, I'd definitely check first.

Although I have no experience in the matter, I'm surprised the stamp has to be transferred at all.

I've heard for people who get the US 10 year multiple entry tourist visa, if their passport expires, then they simply bring both. Likewise, I'd imagine that one would simply bring both passports next time one had to deal with Thai immigration. But if were in that situation, I'd definitely check first.

Well suppose a1 year extension isn't the same as a 10 year Visa as Thailand isn't the same as the USA!

( I too carried 2 passports stapled together as I had a 10 year USA visa)

The visa isn't transferred, only the permission to stay and associated re-entry permit.