Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Live Music Venues in Pattaya ...

The last time I was there, it seemed that EVERY guitarist played nothing but a Fender Stratocaster. Finally somebody is playing a Gibson. Not that Fender's are bad. It just seems like the majority of Thais like Strats. :llaugh:

It amazes me sometimes with the quality of some of the Thai musicians guitars, My old bass players bass was about 200000bht.

The only one with lower quality guitars is Lam Morrison BUT he can make them sound like nothing the others can do.

I haven't seen inside it but this new Ladyboy show venue on Teprasit.......200 million baht and and modeled on The Colosseum in Rome... could make a wonderful spot for visiting acts. It reminds me of The Roundhouse in Camden.

If this place isn't adaptable for various forms of entertainment it's a wasted opportunity. Does Pattaya really need another LB Show??

It amazes me sometimes with the quality of some of the Thai musicians guitars, My old bass players bass was about 200000bht.

The only one with lower quality guitars is Lam Morrison BUT he can make them sound like nothing the others can do.

Dave I agree with you 100% on Lam.

One of the great joys of Pattaya is just walking around and blobbing out in the music bars. Second Road in the area from The Bodega, up past the Wonderful to the area opposite Kiss is a particularly good are for bands and there is also an Issan show as well.

I also often finish my night in either of the two bars across the road from the Big C on Soi 2. Good heavy rock, reasonable prices, pool if you want it and a few spare ladies. What's not to like.

There are some good live venues on Walking Street such as Candy Shack and Hot Tuna but the prices to drink there reflect the area.

One place that has stood the test of time is the one sharing space with the Pizza place almost on the corner of Soi Diane and Soi LK. There is an older crowd here but the music reflects the demographics and this is a comfortable spot.

One place that has stood the test of time is the one sharing space with the Pizza place almost on the corner of Soi Diane and Soi LK. There is an older crowd here but the music reflects the demographics and this is a comfortable spot.

If you're an Old Aged Pensioner it's a good spot to crash for your entire holiday.

The OP said 'venues' - so I like 2 places that are not on the bar/gogo circuit - The Green Bottle on 2nd St just past Soi Diane (they have very good pianist/combo and The Moon River on Pattaya North where they have a very good filipino band . But then I am an old git of a pensioner .

The OP said 'venues' - so I like 2 places that are not on the bar/gogo circuit - The Green Bottle on 2nd St just past Soi Diane (they have very good pianist/combo and The Moon River on Pattaya North where they have a very good filipino band . But then I am an old git of a pensioner .

As mentioned earlier, the Filipino band has gone from Moon River.

Are the band playing again tonight Martin? I thought they were only doing Fridays.

Tentative schedule is Thurs-Sat ... so, yes, they will play tonight.

What's their name?

They don't seem to have one. They're a pickup group formed from members of other bands or doing a bit of moonlighting.

As mentioned earlier, the Filipino band has gone from Moon River.

Yes, that`s right but they have a new band there, Cross Colours,

As to suggestions, you could try Purple Space Monkey on soi Chaiyapruek Jomtien, it`s not been mentioned on this thread yet

Pop/rock, air con bar, does food but I have not eaten there.

It`s been a while since I went there but enjoyed the visit, no website that I am aware of but they have a facebook page

Yuth Bar as previously mentioned very good for Rock, Leos in naklua can also be good, 3 other music bars on the same soi.

A Filipino band ( or at least part Fillipino ) play in Funny Girl bar, which is in a cut thru between soi 7 & 8 Pattaya play every night, bar nothing special at all, band good though.

Meeting Point Bar, approx opposite the Avenues, Thai band every night barring Saturdays, OK, a little hit & miss at times.

Lovely Corner Bar, corner of soi 7 & beach Road, good band there, I don`t like the bar but the band are skilled.

Happiness Star bar, corner of soi 8 & Beach Road, can be good sometimes.

Plenty more I could mention.