Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Wrong opinion of course,but hey,its lovely here,no rain,and ready for my vindaloo,chockdee longboat

how can an opinion be wrong ?

unless you want to be or sound like a cultural imperialist.

its a personal thing.

Edited by aussielongboat

how can an opinion be wrong ?

unless you want to be or sound like a cultural imperialist.

its a personal thing.

I find most other people's opinions to be wrong.

Adolph Hitler had a few I might dispute too!

:bhappy I thought you and the "Ignored Massif" approved his train of thought ! :ninja:

Edited by Fatboyfat
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I think opening a western bar/restaurant in Pattaya is a losing proposition. Way to much competition and the demographic makeup of visitors to Pattaya are against you. Easy to see the change. Just take a walk down Walking Street at night. Stop by the FLB and talk to MM. He has a good handle on what's going on in Pattaya. Plus he's not looking to sell you anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi,

We're coming to Pattaya the 2nd week of November.

Our aim is to buy/lease a business. We are going to start up a bar/restaurant.

At the moment we're in the UK and going through 'talks' over a couple of businesses.

Do any of you know a business for sale. Even an empty unit in a good location would be considered.

Cheers...

Read the Drunken Duck Sale, then get rid of "we"

• Upvote 1

Personally, I think opening a western bar/restaurant in Pattaya is a losing proposition. Way to much competition and the demographic makeup of visitors to Pattaya are against you. Easy to see the change. Just take a walk down Walking Street at night. Stop by the FLB and talk to MM. He has a good handle on what's going on in Pattaya. Plus he's not looking to sell you anything.

He might want to sell you a beer.

:clueless

• Upvote 1

I do. I know the odds are stacked aginst us but if I get a year or longer in this journey through life in Pattaya and some fun party nights and good times with people like yoursef then it will definitely have been worth it in my book.

Cheers..

Come here and get and get a feel of the place. Unless you have money to burn and are extremely wealthy you will still find it a challenge. :bhappy

Bloody hell. You were not born before your hero died the honorable way. and neither was I.. The good news is that Dortmund beat Arsenal in the Champions Cup on your home turf.

Lol... no we haven't bought the Drunken Duck.

We have however cross fingers secured a business in Pattaya.

Yes sure, I understand how tough this will be. However we or I should say 'She' is coming to Pattaya with a unique product to offer.

Alot of nay sayers, negativity, and know it alls on here. If you have an idea you believe in, know the risks, and have the guts to go for it then do it! All the best!

• 4 weeks later...

What are you after? a single or double unit? Maximum rental budget on a long lease?

I see you may have some details on a place for lease or be privvy with knowledge in the 'business arena' etc, ... I'm interested in a Single Shophouse for sale with Bar/Restaurant & a few rooms a must, Lease only, around B20,000 p/mth Lease (older decor/run down the better) prefer soi 13 - soi 13/2 if any ???? Arriving Pattaya 2DEC13 to inspect as many as I can, tho

I do. I know the odds are stacked aginst us but if I get a year or longer in this journey through life in Pattaya and some fun party nights and good times with people like yoursef then it will definitely have been worth it in my book.

Cheers..

Come here and get and get a feel of the place. Unless you have money to burn and are extremely wealthy you will still find it a challenge. :bhappy

that's what i was trying to suggest before some fucking genius chipped in with his/her piece of useless advice.

Alot of nay sayers, negativity, and know it alls on here. If you have an idea you believe in, know the risks, and have the guts to go for it then do it! All the best!

that's why you need to take your time