Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Flying from uk in about a week to ten days

I usually fly Eva but there are no decent offers about at the moment.So its down to an indirect with Jet,Qatar, or Etihad got the price down to £500 and reasonable layovers. So which airline to choose? Anyone have any recommendations. I will book later today.My son says Qatar.

your sons is right

i am flying with eva in a few weeks 564 direct

but i have flown with qatar many times ,because of the price

good airline,drinks all the way,and a good stopover in doah

bigone

Qatar and Etihad are pretty much the same in Economy.

Stay clear of Jet with them as alternatives.

Go for price but double check the layover times in Doha/ Abu Dhabi to ensure you don't get hit with a long one.

Nothing could be further from the truth on their Bangkok flights. They both operate 777s to BKK. That's where the similarities end. One (Etihad) seats 10 pax across the aircraft in seats that are 17.5 inches wide whilst the other seats 9 across in seats that are 18.9 in wide.

Seating plans

Qatar

Etihad

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Upvote 1

I usually use Thai Airways but have yet to hear negative comments about Qatar or Etihad if you don't mind the stop overs. There are also less complaints about Jet Airways these days especially for those who may be on a budget.

It's a good idea to google customer's reviews on airlines before you choose.

I forgot to mention that the last time I flew Qatar I was bused to and from the aircrafts and it was shit.

I usually fly Eva but there are no decent offers about at the moment.So its down to an indirect with Jet,Qatar, or Etihad got the price down to £500 and reasonable layovers. So which airline to choose? Anyone have any recommendations. I will book later today.My son says Qatar.

I think you need to find a way faster airplane than one that takes, according to the post title, a week to ten days to get there. That sounds like the Hindenburg.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Stay clear of Jet with them as alternatives.

Go for price but double check the layover times in Doha/ Abu Dhabi to ensure you don't get hit with a long one.

Jet wasn't great but they were better than I expected. When I asked the air waitress for a whisky he held up two fingers and I thought a double would save him time so I nodded in agreement. He then poured me two big drinks. Ya don't get that on N.A. airlines in economy.

edit... spelling

Edited by steamer

Jet wasn't great but they were better than I expected. When I asked the air waitress for a whisky he held up too fingers and I thought a double would save him time so I nodded in agreement. He then poured me two big drinks. Ya don't get that on N.A. airlines in economy.

I never fancied the transit...........Delhi is it?

I read this on a review of Jet ....Not up to standard of middle-Eastern carriers, but they were cheapest tickets available at the time so can't complain.

I am an old bugger...comfort becomes more of an issue than price. :D

I never fancied the transit...........Delhi is it?

I read this on a review of Jet ....Not up to standard of middle-Eastern carriers, but they were cheapest tickets available at the time so can't complain.

I am an old bugger...comfort becomes more of an issue than price. :D

Delhi one way and Mumbai the other. They had 1st class to and from LHR but not BKK.

I did have the misfortune to sit beside a smelly bastard just as I had feard............ he was Italian. :llaugh

Edited by steamer

I did have the misfortune to sit beside a smelly bastard just as I had feard............ he was Italian. :llaugh

There's nothing worse than having to sit next to some smelly cunt and it usually happens when the flight is full and you can't move seats...... :angry2

Flown all 3 airlines. My choice would be 1st Qatar. Long way 2nd Etihad and I would rather not go if I had to fly Jet again. Jet is not bad in itself but Mumbai airport is a shit hole that is run by 5 year olds with guns.

This year i used Qatar from BKK to Manchester

Great flight ,good staff ,good food .

Only thing i did not like was the transfere in Doha bus to terminals ,took ages .But I have been told this will not happen in future as doing major changes to airport ,so next time im due to go back to uk is in 2015 so i hope changes are made by then

This year i used Qatar from BKK to Manchester

Great flight ,good staff ,good food .

Only thing i did not like was the transfere in Doha bus to terminals ,took ages .But I have been told this will not happen in future as doing major changes to airport ,so next time im due to go back to uk is in 2015 so i hope changes are made by then

New Doha Airport expected to open early next year. Opening date not yet announced.

New Doha Airport expected to open early next year. Opening date not yet announced.

They have said this for years. "Will open 100% on 12-12-2012" "Will open 100% on 1-4-2013" Will open late 2013" and now it will open beginning 2014.

• Upvote 1

They have said this for years. "Will open 100% on 12-12-2012" "Will open 100% on 1-4-2013" Will open late 2013" and now it will open beginning 2014.

That's why he said, "expected" and emphasised that no date has been set.

in my opinion Qatar sucks all filthy feckers on there crappy food and service and DOHA sucks even with my Priority pass card the lounge is the shats......

Try Emirates it goes through Dubai is better choice....good luck

in my opinion Qatar sucks all filthy feckers on there crappy food and service and DOHA sucks even with my Priority pass card the lounge is the shats......

Try Emirates it goes through Dubai is better choice....good luck

While I haven't used them in Economy I did find them quite good in Biz Class.

I go for price, so it is normally between Emirates,Etihad and Qatar for me.

Qatar do not offer the free limos to and from the airport.

Also being bused to and from the aircraft is very tedious...takes ages and is frustrating.

But on board, pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...