Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Yep,was there for ten days last month.

It's absolutely top drawer,and the staff are incredible.

It's a small hotel,only 21 rooms spread over three floors.

Rooms are gorgeous....very stylish and fitted out with everything,including seafront balcony.

Theme is Art Deco,loads of quirky furnishings in the lobby...feels like you are a character in a Scott Fitzgerald novel.

Breakfast is like fine dining.....limited menu but presented like a Masterchef dish. Absolutely delicious. Quirky tablewear too.

Hotel is brand new,so everything clean and shiney.

It's affiliated to the Bayview,and guests from BV access BR by a covered corridor/walkway behind The Wave. Similarly,guests at Wave can use Bayview pools too.

Wave has it's own pool....smallish,and visible from Beach Road.

In the ten days I was there,I only saw one other guest with a girl du jour...all other guests were single blokes,couples,single women and business type guys. A good class of guest....not sleazy whatsoever. In fact,the hotel is so small,most of the time you don't even see other guests.

The best thing for me though was the personal attention the staff give you.....you feel like a VIP at all times. The always rush to the elevator,for example,when you enter the hotel,and open the lift doors and set it for your floor. Doesn't sound much,but its cool.

Of course,it's free Internet....whereas the Bayview round the back charge 350 bht per day.

I was amazed how many people approach the Rolls Royce parked out front for a photo opportunity.....it's incessant.....from early morning to late.

Location is fantastic....next to Soi 10 and only a tiny skip to Central Festival. Direct sea views.

It's expensive,but it's exclusive,ultra modern,quirky,comfortable. And,of course,TG friendly. I'll definitely book it again,it's in a category all of it's own.

• Upvote 2

Yep,it is a Cadillac.....I must have been the only person totally uninterested in it....that prop draws photographers like moths to a flame.

Wave is a wonderful hotel....so clean and comfortable. There's music piped around all the public areas....from Thirties swing to Latin...it completes the relaxing and sophisticated atmosphere,as does the pastel colours,neon lighting and well chosen decorative items that are scattered around. Can't fault this place whatsoever....deserves all five stars.