Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Cherry's Restaurant Buffet

That looks good.

What a difference 150 baht makes! :D

Edited by jacko

Small point, price is actually 399 baht per person. Love to eat there, great food. if you want a table between 8 and 9pm then a booking is a good idea.

Looks like I'm not very good with numbers :) Next time I'll take a pic of the bill...

That looks good.

What a difference 150 baht makes! :D

:D

The point is that if you can eat a variety of things then there's no comparison of course, it would be unfair.

If it really was "calves" liver available (Do you believe it to be so ?) then the 380 Baht is a real bargain for that alone! :thumbup

If it really was "calves" liver available (Do you believe it to be so ?) then the 380 Baht is a real bargain for that alone! :thumbup

Dunno, quite common in Hungary. I personally prefer duck and goose.

Yes, that's the typical pâté de foie gras whose origin is French (as is the word for the dish).

I've never knowingly eaten pâté made from calves liver, but here in Thailand, when you get pâté, who knows what it's made from?

Yes, that's the typical pâté de foie gras whose origin is French (as is the word for the dish).

I've never knowingly eaten pâté made from calves liver, but here in Thailand, when you get pâté, who knows what it's made from?

No… the Calves liver is a main course item, grilled or fried, not a pate. It costs a fortune here in UK, more than fillet steak, and I have only come across it before in Pattaya at Mata Hari and Brunos, so you can imagine what they would be charging for it.

It was grilled and I'm quite confident that it was real. A bit dry to me and I believe that was due to the fact that most people aren't to keen of eating liver, except the French. Remember when living in the States, I couldn't make any of my friends eat liver of any kind. They still believe that liver is for the cats...

It was grilled and I'm quite confident that it was real. A bit dry to me and I believe that was due to the fact that most people aren't to keen of eating liver, except the French. Remember when living in the States, I couldn't make any of my friends eat liver of any kind. They still believe that liver is for the cats...

Liver is lovely,cooked correctly.I have duck liver in Thailand and its very succulent

Liver is lovely,cooked correctly.I have duck liver in Thailand and its very succulent

It may be a weird comparison but same as a steak - should be cooked rather fast but if it's overcooked, becomes dry and hard.

Yeah... one of my favourite in Hungary I miss it really much here....cold, fried fatty goose / duck liver with his own fat on the toast ( no any pate thing, just natural ) and purple onion ...

liba.jpg

No… the Calves liver is a main course item, grilled or fried, not a pate. It costs a fortune here in UK, more than fillet steak, and I have only come across it before in Pattaya at Mata Hari and Brunos, so you can imagine what they would be charging for it.

Calve liver costs150 baht / kilo in Hungary... the fatty duck / goose liver costs 700 baht / kilo.

No fattened goose / duck liver in Thailand... it needs a special process to stodge the bird....some farmers even give them spirit to make bigger and fattier the liver...

20080922libalibat3.jpg

The difference between the " normal " and the fatty livers: ( one fatty liver must weight from 0.7 up to 2 kilo )

SAM_2903+(640x480).jpg

istock_000016691694xsmall.jpg

Edited by Gabor

I often have pigs liver, the TGF cooks it along with spring onions and some of those large chillies.

It tastes really good, but she won't touch it and has an omelet.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the photos and report Patna...the food looks great. I especially like the looks of the shrimp kebob...do they have a salad bar?

I hope to get up there and check it out soon. Cheers

Edited by spike

Foi gras ia disgusting

Animal cruelty force feeding geese then killing them for their grossly swollen livers

Banned in many countries now rightly so

GROSS and disgusting

Then better turn to vegetarian....

Mata Hari charged 1200 Baht for about 200g Calves Liver when it was on their menu. Current UK price is circa £30 or 1,500 Baht/ Kilo… if you can get hold of it. All veal related meats are a bit difficult to obtain readily in Scotland. :clueless Anyways thanks for the Cherry recommendation. I'll give it a shot later on in the month hopefully.

Now if I could just get a trustworthy report on the Bali Breeze (Indonesian/Dutch) restaurant in Jomtien … :help