Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Getting from LK Metro to the south

What's the best location in the LK Metro area to catch a taxi, either meter or songthaew? It's not too complex to go there from Jomtien, but something else to get back. I don't mind the walk to the school if I'm by myself, but suspect it might not impress a new friend.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a former Baht bus driver I want to clear up a misunderstanding arising from somebody's threadfuck. Unless we've heard that Paps is in town, we've always turned right onto 2nd Road when coming down

They go both ways of course. IMHO the driver flips a coin in his head as he approaches the lights and makes his mind up based on: - where he fancies going - where he thinks the most business will b

Most of them now go straight. Fact.

What's the best location in the LK Metro area to catch a taxi, either meter or songthaew? It's not too complex to go there from Jomtien, but something else to get back. I don't mind the walk to the school if I'm by myself, but suspect it might not impress a new friend.

At the junction of Soi LKM and Soi Bua Khao jump on a Baht Bus heading South and mostly they turn right at Pattaya Tai and along Pattaya Tai, left at the School and onwards to Jomtien. Ten Baht fare.

Disclaimer: I've not been to Patts for 18 months so seek verification :lsmile

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's the best location in the LK Metro area to catch a taxi, either meter or songthaew?

A lot easier to quit Soi LK than to go there IMHO.

What Papillon said here is still right:

At the junction of Soi LKM and Soi Bua Khao jump on a Baht Bus heading South and mostly they turn right at Pattaya Tai and along Pattaya Tai, left at the School and onwards to Jomtien. Ten Baht fare.

You could even take one going North, but just get confirmation he will not go to BigC. Nowadays most bahtbus go straight to the beach (and then Walking Street) after they turn on Central Road, and don't turn anymore in 2nd Road toward Soi 6 & BigC (but some still do, so ask!).

To go Soi LK by baht bus is not so easy. Many guys prefer take a bahtbus on 2nd Road and stop and walk along Soi Diana.

Disclaimer: I've not been to Patts for 18 months so seek verification :lsmile

. Are you saying that the baht bus turns left at the school and then goes to Jomtien ? I thought you got off at the school and got another bus from there ?

. Are you saying that the baht bus turns left at the school and then goes to Jomtien ? I thought you got off at the school and got another bus from there ?

You can get off if you like. :bhappy

Every one I've been on continues on to Jomtien..

Edited by papillon

It would be great for me.... but never happened with me...nor daytime, nor night time.... most of the bahtbuses goes to the second road, the minority goes to east on Pattaya Tai... almost none to Jomtien...

. Thanks for that I was pretty sure that was the case as I have always got off the bus and got on another by the school.Why do you think the buses that Papillon gets on take him in the direction of Jomtien ?

The baht bus from the corner of LKM and Soi Buakhao goes to Pattaya Tai, then normally turns right, then at the corner of Pattaya Tai and 2nd Rd it normally turns right but sometimes turns left. If it turns right, just get off (after or before the light, whatever you find easier -- personally I find getting off after the light is easiest), then walk far enough south to catch a baht bus going to Jomtien. You can of course get a seat on one of the baht buses outside the school, but I don't do that as 1) the bus is guaranteed to be packed 2) you have to wait until it is packed before the bus will leave and 3) 9 out of 10 times I end up seated next to a rent boy.

... almost none to Jomtien...

So you agree that some do go to Jomtien.

On market days the Pigs make it Left turn only at the SB/PT junction but they take away the barriers at night when the market traders have cleared off.

. Thanks for that I was pretty sure that was the case as I have always got off the bus and got on another by the school.Why do you think the buses that Papillon gets on take him in the direction of Jomtien ?

I can assure you that I have been from Soi LKM to Jomtien Beach Road on the same bus dozens of times. I used to lodge in the guest houses on Soi LKM and go to Jomtien Immigration or the bars.

Not EVERY bus turns left at the school. They can turn left or right as you know. You can jump off at the lights or press the buzzer as soon as it turns right onto Second Road.

When I was going to Walking Street from Soi LKM I ALWAYS went this route. The bus turns left at the school and I'd press the buzzer at the top of Soi Diamond and walk through to Walking Street. This was up until @ midnight.

I am guessing that after midnight they don't bother going to Jomtien because less punters at that time of the night. The buses plotted up at the school will handle that.

From my experience over the years I'd estimate 80% turn left.

As I said in my initial post about the route, it's been 18 months since I was in Patts so things could well have changed but I doubt it.

So Papillon in your opinion 80% go to Jomtien,Gabor who lives in Jomtien says he doesn't think any do,I in 24 visits have never had one go towards Jomtien.Eighteen months ago it was the same.Credibility out the window I think !

Edited by fisherman194

So Papillon in your opinion 80% go to Jomtien,Gabor who lives in Jomtien says he doesn't think any do,I in 24 visits have never had one go towards Jomtien.Eighteen months ago it was the same.Credibility out the window I think !

I got a sufficient answer to my original question. It will be something to check in January. I won't be too crest-fallen if a baht bus from LK Metro doesn't go directly to Jomtien

They almost never turn towards Jomtien, they turn right down 2nd Road. The buses park up on the corner and wait for them to fill up before setting off.

there are many baht buses that drive up the hill and don't wait in the school queue.

• Upvote 1

there are many baht buses that drive up the hill and don't wait in the school queue.

That's correct. None of the buses join that queue of parked up buses. They drive straight past and onwards to Jomtien.

It's not hard to check this out.

Anybody in Pattaya now can stand on the corner by the school and watch the buses travel along Pattaya Tai and turn left at the lights.

Your 24 visits are irrelevant. What is relevant is how many times you've attempted to get the bus from Soi LKM direct to Jomtien.

FACT, I've done it dozens of times over the years.

It's not hard to check this out. Anybody in Pattaya now can stand on the corner by the school and watch the buses travel along Pattaya Tai and turn left at the lights.

But most of these bahtbus who turn to Jomtien

arrive from East of Pattaya Tai (BigC, Sukhumvit, 3rd Rd)

Very few arrive from Soi Buakhao or Soi LK area,

these ones tend to turn right in 2nd Rd as said before by many.

Edited by Idefix
  • Upvote 1

But most of these bahtbus who turn to Jomtien

arrive from East of Pattaya Tai (BigC, Sukhumvit, 3rd Rd)

Very few arrive from Soi Buakhao or Soi LK area,

these ones tend to turn right in 2nd Rd as said before by many.

How do you know which buses have come from Soi Bua Khao and which ones haven't?

You don't have to wait longer than two or three minutes on SB to get on a Baht Bus during the day. There's many, many buses and you're claiming almost all of them turn right at the school.

Like I said in my previous posts on this subject, I've not been in Patts for 18 months so things may well have changed since then but prior to this the vast majority TURNED LEFT. FACT.

Every one I have got has turned right. Must just be lucky.

They go both ways of course. IMHO the driver flips a coin in his head as he approaches the lights and makes his mind up based on:

- where he fancies going

- where he thinks the most business will be

some cynics would say

- where the least of the current passengers want to go (I don't think that's true - bad karma)

To stay on topic...

It's the same when you take the bahtbus north on soi Buakhao from LK Metro (aha! on topic) it rarely turns east on Klang (never seen it) but at Klang/2nd might turn right for soi 6 etc. or go straight for Beach Road and Walking Street - win/win.

Wehey!

Andy Cap

• Upvote 3

You don't have to wait longer than two or three minutes on SB to get on a Baht Bus during the day. There's many, many buses and you're claiming almost all of them turn right at the school.

Like I said in my previous posts on this subject, I've not been in Patts for 18 months so things may well have changed since then but prior to this the vast majority TURNED LEFT. FACT.

. Nothing bad will happen to you if you just say sorry I was wrong I fucked up. As it your credibility is in the gutter 555 no one will ever believe anything you say again 555 all tongue in cheek ! Edited by fisherman194
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

. Nothing bad will happen to you if you just say sorry I was wrong I fucked up. As it your credibility is in the gutter 555 no one will ever believe anything you say again 555 all tongue in cheek !

My credibility is rock solid, not that I care one way or the other.

Do you honestly think for one second that I'm the only BM that has got the one bus from Soi LKM to Jomtien? The bus on the route that you say doesn't exist after your twenty four trip learning experience?

You're a joke 555555555555 tongue in cheek :wanker:

• Downvote 1

They go both ways of course. IMHO the driver flips a coin in his head as he approaches the lights and makes his mind up based on:

- where he fancies going

- where he thinks the most business will be

some cynics would say

- where the least of the current passengers want to go (I don't think that's true - bad karma)

To stay on topic...

It's the same when you take the bahtbus north on soi Buakhao from LK Metro (aha! on topic) it rarely turns east on Klang (never seen it) but at Klang/2nd might turn right for soi 6 etc. or go straight for Beach Road and Walking Street - win/win.

Wehey!

Andy Cap

And fuck all to do with the passengers he is carrying? :D

In the past someone told me you could 'tell' which way they would be going from the front, probably not the case now since most Thais seem to ask the driver.

A bit of a quandary... not too difficult to ask in Thai if he is going to Jomtiem, but will he switch to 'taxi mode'......?

Edited by jacko

You made the bloody stupid suggestion!

It's not hard to check this out.

Anybody in Pattaya now can stand on the corner by the school and watch the buses travel along Pattaya Tai and turn left at the lights.

You made the bloody stupid suggestion!

Not stupid at all. Maybe in your feeble mind.

Idefix has confirmed that buses from both Soi Bua Khao and Third Road turn left at the school.

I'm merely asking him how he can identify which direction they are coming from when they get to the school :allright