Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Is the situation stable in Thailand? should I cancel my visit?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year , er right now , present time...... . Wake up and smell the coffee.....!   Are we there yet....?

maybe turn down the sarcasm level one notch so   no.

I went up to BKK in 2010 and spent a couple of days photographing and chatting with the red-shirts. Without exception, I was welcomed and treated with the utmost courtesy by everyone I came across.

Posted Images

I went into Bangkok today to the Royal Thai police HQ and saw some protesters outside, they were in a very festive mood, a lot of shouting but no aggression atall. The main entrance is blocked off big time and there are a few hundred police inside the walls with riot gear on waiting to see if anything happens. It does not look like it will from my time there today. Afterwards I went to the US embassy with a friend to re new his passport and it was business as usual. No protestors around and reasonable traffic. Saw a lot of police vans parked up along Lumpini Road. But again, no sign's of any trouble. Just the smallish mob at the police HQ. I never felt threatened at any time while around the police building and while inside they were all smiling and laughing like nothing was going on outside.

Who mentioned the Royal family?

Please refrain from any discussion of the Royal Family on this forum.

Who mentioned the Royal family?

Please refrain from any discussion of the Royal Family on this forum.

That would be the person whose post I removed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Gotcha and thanks.

That would be the person whose post I removed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

just hope that now a certain birthday has past the shit dont hit the fan....

From what I saw on the TV yesterday, the show will resume Friday.

I found that very disconcerting.

Edited by jacko

It looks like things are not getting better to say the least, Yingluck dissolves parliament but supporters of the protest are saying that it is not enough. I hope this ends soon and with no more blood.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-09/yingluck-calls-for-fresh-elections-to-end-deadly-thai-protests.html

Edited by nickman70

While I don't care for the practices of the current government, rule by protests of minority is not the way to go either. Yingluck had a chance to become a good PM. All she had to do was put the country first instead of focusing on getting her brother back (and potentially in power).

I left Bangkok early this morning so I could avoid the mess of today and whatever happens in the future.

Edited by BeerBelly

One of the many ironies in this recent uproar is that the only recent elected Thai government to serve a complete term was the first Thaksin administration.

Edited by VPI78