Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Best place to watch the Fireworks?

In the Holiday Inn or Hilton! .

In reality on the beach just around Klang... but I am not sure exactly where they are setting up this year.

Or how restrictive they are going to get.... these things are not for the Pattaya residents or tourists anymore!

Last year they put barriers up and kept the riff-raff off the beach like pigs in a pen, reserving that area for VIPs.

Bloody area was empty for ages then people just started climbing over and security gave up. I ended up on the beach in a good spot later but the first hour, cramped in crowds, view obscured before the beach opened was infuriating, I nearly gave up and went to Mistys.

I will be there again, one of those annual things the TGF has deemed to be 'we always go' category... like Loy Kratong!

Edited by jacko

I take this as an open invitation to all board members to a party you will be hosting. :bigsmile:

What is the occasion for these fireworks?

Great, can I come too!

It is the Annual International Fireworks Competition.

Edited by jacko

Pattaya International Fireworks Competition 2013 (Time Table) Friday, 29th November 2013 17.00 - 20.00 Activities around Pattaya Beach Road
20.00 - 20.15 Opening ceremony by Pattaya Counsil
20.15 - 21.00 Concert performed by Room 39 (Thai band)
21.00 - 21.20 The first fireworks show performed
21.40 - 22.00 The second fireworks show performed
22.00 - 22.50 Concert performed by Lipta (Thai band)
22.50 - 23.00 Moderator summary the first day event and introduce the event of the following day Saturday 30 November 2013 17.00 - 20.00 Activities around Pattaya Beach Road
20.00 - 20.15 Opening ceremony by Thailife
20.15 - 21.00 Mini concert performed by khing-Keng (Thai singers)
21.15 - 22.00 International fireworks show performed for 45 minutes
22.15 - 23.00 Concert performed by New-Jiw (Thai singers)
23.00 - 23.10 Ending ceremony
23.10 - 01.00 Music performed by DJs

I'm going to check if we can view this off the back pier behind FLB.

I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

I watched the New Year Eve's fireworks from the Hilton deck located on the 34th floor. The large mortars were exploding at eye level. Admission to the 34 floor was 3000 baht.

Pattaya International Fireworks Competition 2013 (Time Table) Friday, 29th November 2013 17.00 - 20.00 Activities around Pattaya Beach Road

20.00 - 20.15 Opening ceremony by Pattaya Counsil

20.15 - 21.00 Concert performed by Room 39 (Thai band)

21.00 - 21.20 The first fireworks show performed

21.40 - 22.00 The second fireworks show performed

22.00 - 22.50 Concert performed by Lipta (Thai band)

22.50 - 23.00 Moderator summary the first day event and introduce the event of the following day Saturday 30 November 2013 17.00 - 20.00 Activities around Pattaya Beach Road

20.00 - 20.15 Opening ceremony by Thailife

20.15 - 21.00 Mini concert performed by khing-Keng (Thai singers)

21.15 - 22.00 International fireworks show performed for 45 minutes

22.15 - 23.00 Concert performed by New-Jiw (Thai singers)

23.00 - 23.10 Ending ceremony

23.10 - 01.00 Music performed by DJs

I'm going to check if we can view this off the back pier behind FLB.

I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow.

Wow, that has scaled back since the first one I went to.

I am sure there was at least 4 different countries putting on a 10-15 minute display one night, countries like China, USA, UAE, Singapore.

This year, two twenty minute displays and a long one Saturday night.

I remember last year mostly standing around while 'dignitaries' and various stage people waffled about nothing and tried to drum up enthusiasm.

Got a bit tedious.

I wonder if we will get it in 3 or more languages this year!

The fireworks will probably be a sideline to the usual Beach Rd market!

(Just remembered, take my side-cutters to get the cable ties off the barriers)

Edited by jacko

Wow, that has scaled back since the first one I went to.

I believe it peaked in 2011 with 10 foreign countries and Thailand participating. This year only four: China, Canada, Singapore and the U.S. The festival lost its sponsorship by the Ministry of Defense in 2012 and that took a heavy toll. It's the same four countries as last year.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2

Paps got it right, we went to the Beer Garden as usual and found it packed even at 6.50 pm, asked a waitress I know well to let me know as soon as someone at an outside table checkbinned, then settled down with a beer at the bar for freelancers. Sure enough, 20 minutes later I was told there was a table becoming free, and we watched the fireworks from an excellent position after enjoying a meal. Perfect. Recommended.

I got a few deck chairs at the North End of town, soi 2 area, on the beach, plenty good view and not too crowded.

Missed the music that went with the display.... but the advantage being didn't hear all the waffling too.

Fireworks were good, and lasted about 40 minutes, not a patch on years ago as Evil posted above, but enjoyable.

A few dopey twats who insist on walking and standing right in-front of you, or packing up their mats.

No toilet facilities though, had to boldly walk (knock kneed) into a hotel as if a resident.

So consider that end, easier to get about.

Edited by jacko

Hey guys, I always like to look at it from atop a building myself. Here's a 5 1/2 minute clip from the beginning of the show. If you wait until about half way through it starts to get really good

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0I8xw3QDAY

Fireworks were good, and lasted about 40 minutes, not a patch on years ago as Evil posted above, but enjoyable.

I'm usually upbeat about Pattaya events, but I thought last night's show was disappointing. Nowhere near as good as in 2010 or 2011. Very repetitious compared with earlier years and with few spectacular effects. But still, you can't complain about the price and the audience clearly enjoyed it. I just hope next year will be better.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2