Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

South Pattaya Lodging Queastion

I'll visit Pattaya in the middle of August for second time. I thought that it would be nice if I could book a hotel in South Pattaya. Looking at the map of South Pattaya it occured me that during my first visit I never walked the Walking street to its south end. Tony's was the farest point I went. Does someone know if there is any good hotel towards this direction (in Soi 16, 17, Yensabai or whatever other street in this direction)? Is it a safe area to live? Is it a quiet area? During my previous visit, I was staying in Apex and it was dirty and noisy.  

There's a real nice hotel down that way, but I forget the name.  It's probably very expensive.

I stayed at the Windy Inn once.  It's also down that way, but it's only so so and kind of overpriced.  Good view in some of the rooms, though.

Rex

That would be the Siam Bayshore; http://www.siamhotels.com/sbs.html

If you're staying for a longer time; http://www.residencelafontaine.com/english1.htm

If on a budget; Sangkaew Beach Hotel

Walking Street

+6638 428085  +6638 422369

There are many hotels near Walking Street and at that time of the year you should have no trouble getting a room.  You can book a room for your first day or two and check out some of the hotels in the area.  Just walk in and ask what is the price, they will give you a quote for a daily rate.  Then ask them what they will charge you for your length of stay which will be lower especially if your staying an extended period of time.  If you like the rate ask them to see the room.  My favorite hotel is South Pattaya is the Yensabai Mansion about 5 minutes from FLB.  Excellent hotel if you don't need a pool, cost 700 a night and 665 if you stay 2 weeks.

Emil