Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I know that In and Out burger chain serves non frozen fries. Excellent burgers and fries. 5 Guys burgers is another chain that serves excellent fries and burgers and they have big bags of unpeeled potatoes on display in there stores.

Never been impressed with either place for either item. Both joints cut their own spuds but I find them, well, dull and not very crispy.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are not debating you are arguing and trying to force your opinion down everyone's throat, the only pratt here is you.

Just for giggles, since I have a fair amount of experience working in American french fry plants (we really should be discussing bar girls not French fries). The fries that are mass produced and froz

This place was posted on the net a few weeks ago and it was frozen chips, very small portions and it looked shite. You need to up your game if you want to win people over and start by making home made

Posted Images

Most of the more notable chefs in the UK all say that the secret to perfect fish & chips (apart from the obvious quality and freshness of the fish) is down to the cooking medium;…And animal fats (lard) is the best option available. However I only know of a few places around the Grimsby/Cleethorpes/Hull area and a couple of top fish restaurants in Scotland that still cook it that way, oh and Rick Stein's places, obviously. Well worth a detour IMHO, but not to be noshed on a regular basis!

I was born in Grimsby!

Most of the more notable chefs in the UK all say that the secret to perfect fish & chips (apart from the obvious quality and freshness of the fish) is down to the cooking medium;…And animal fats (lard) is the best option available. However I only know of a few places around the Grimsby/Cleethorpes/Hull area and a couple of top fish restaurants in Scotland that still cook it that way, oh and Rick Stein's places, obviously. Well worth a detour IMHO, but not to be noshed on a regular basis!

I recall watching some UK chef on TV making the 'perfect chips', which was what he served up in his restaurant.

If I remember they got cooked 3 distinct times, starting with boiling and then fried twice...the final one being in duck fat.

Took bloody hours and not quite putting the chip pan on after getting home from the pub, which has killed many! :D

Edited by jacko

I recallr watching some UK chef on TV making the 'perfect chips', which was what he served up in his restaurant.

If I remember they got cooked 3 distinct times, starting with boiling and then fried twice...the final one being in duck fat.

Took bloody hours and not quite putting the chip pan on after getting home from the pub, which has killed many! :D

That'l be that Heston ( I like to experiment with food ) Blumenthal , he's a frigging maniac when it come's to food......!

In reponse to a previous poster Mac and Burger king are the worst chips in the world absolute shite

I come from Scotland and we have real chip shops and real chips

Macs and Burger king are frozen shit and taste like it BTW their coffee is shite also

If you want real chips to go a chip shop in Scotland or anywhere in the UK fresh cut chips fried in fat

Not good for your heart but delicious can also get fried haddock or a deep fried mars bar LOL

Moral of this tale is if you want good chips go to a chippy if you want good coffee go to Costa or Starbucks

Why go to Thailand to eat fish and chips ?

There is beautiful fresh Thai food available Tom yung khun or gang kia wan spring to mind

Even from the food carts the food is good

Edited by Tilacno1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just been here with missus and both had large cod & chips, curry sauce & mushy peas, bread &butter & 2 coffee's.

All of it very very tasty, when it came out it looked a small portion but the fish although not big was 3/4"-1" thick and I only just managed it all.

Not cheap by any means, our bill was 740B but everything is priced clearly so no surprise.

I do think the chips are overpriced and they are frozen, what they call steak fries in the US & Canada but still tasted good.

We'll worth a visit.