Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I would appreciate some advice about posting Pictures on Forums Please?

Thank you kindly

PM

There's an Image icon on the toolbar above to post the code for the photo you want to post.

Glyn.

Start with the pictures, on your computer, under 2MB in size..

If you are starting a new Topic... do that...

If you are adding to an existing one, in Reply to the Topic, select 'More Reply Options'

Bottom left is a box,Choose Files, under Attach Files, and a paper-clip picture.

Select Choose Files.

An Exploring Window should,appear, and you must navigate to where the pictures are stored on your computer.

Select the picture.

(For Multiple selections you can use CTRL+Select)

Click 'Open' in the Exploring Window........you should see a rotating arrows as the pictures UPLOAD to Pattaya Talk Server.

When complete they will be listed below the reply box.

Add more if you need to,

To the right of each listing is a selection Add To Post / Delete.

Select Add to Post

Necessary code will appear at Cursor in Reply Box.

Hope that helps, let us see some pictures!

Shit, I just realised you aren't a Member of the forum, please join!

Edited by jacko

....but photos aren't attaching to the post if you are using Internet Explorer 11 as a browser....

Downgrade back to IE10 then, Papillon posted he had to do that.

If you are adding to an existing one, in Reply to the Topic, select 'More Reply Options'

Bottom left is a box,Choose Files, under Attach Files, and a paper-clip picture.

Select Choose Files.

An Exploring Window should,appear, and you must navigate to where the pictures are stored on your computer.

Select the picture.

Click 'Open' in the Exploring Window........you should see a rotating arrows as the pictures UPLOAD to Pattaya Talk Server.

Add more if you need to,

Select Add to Post

I have requested to join but have not had a notification!

Thank You

I have requested to join but have not had a notification!

Thank You

You're joined up now. Try what jacko said to see if it works for you.

I also changed this thread title to relate to the subject being discussed.

• 5 months later...

I've used up all my disk allowance except for 13.54 K bytes. I always resize my images before uploading but I can only fit a couple thumbnails in 13 K

I've used up all my disk allowance except for 13.54 K bytes. I always resize my images before uploading but I can only fit a couple thumbnails in 13 K

You're the first that I know of. I'll adjust everyone upward a bit...

My remaining allowance will probably be exhausted in a few months.

Evil

:devil

Would you guys check your allowance now. I bumped it from 500MB to 600MB to see if that is the right setting to change.

I just need to know if your remaining space has gone up.

Would you guys check your allowance now. I bumped it from 500MB to 600MB to see if that is the right setting to change.

I just need to know if your remaining space has gone up.

Yes, it has definitely gone up.

Evil

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

Why dont you guys upload your photos to a site like Photobuket, then you can just link your photos from there to here, and then you can post as many photos as you want to!!

I have a Hua Hin trip report but my images are 4 meg and I only have 1.5 meg of image space left.

I'll bump you to "Major Participant" user group so you have more space.

Keep them coming!

You should have plenty of space now.

• Upvote 1

I'll bump you to "Major Participant" user group so you have more space.

Keep them coming!

You should have plenty of space now.

Good news, so keep those photos coming...........................

• 1 year later...

Select Choose Files.

Select the picture.

Add more if you need to,

Select Add to Post

That's all well and good but all of the photos I have tried to upload recently are more than 2MB in size so what do I do about that?

That's all well and good but all of the photos I have tried to upload recently are more than 2MB in size so what do I do about that?

You make them smaller, of course.

Resize them. There is a range of free software that will do this for you (google is your friend), make the long side between 600 & 800 pixels to be kind to the viewers and save as jpg files. I usually put the new images into a folder called resize to save brain cells remembering which ones are the correct size.

• Upvote 1

Google "online photo resizer" and you'll come up with many, many possibilities. But if you don't want to be tied to the Internet to resize pics one-by-one, you can download and install a free program that resizes pics in batches. Fast Stone is a good one. If your computer came with a photo editing program, it can also be used to resize photos.

Evil

I make them smaller beforehand, and use a 'temp folder' to put them in. I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager on my old laptop, Edit, Compress, and Documents options.

Resize them. There is a range of free software that will do this for you (google is your friend), make the long side between 600 & 800 pixels to be kind to the viewers and save as jpg files. I usually put the new images into a folder called resize to save brain cells remembering which ones are the correct size.

Google "online photo resizer" and you'll come up with many, many possibilities. But if you don't want to be tied to the Internet to resize pics one-by-one, you can download and install a free program that resizes pics in batches. Fast Stone is a good one. If your computer came with a photo editing program, it can also be used to resize photos.

Evil

Thanks guys. :thumbup

I make them smaller beforehand, and use a 'temp folder' to put them in. I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager on my old laptop, Edit, Compress, and Documents options.

It all sounds a little long winded to me. I can't be bothered if I'm honest.

Evil

I find Fast stone easy to use. I started to use it after Evil's recommendation some time ago.

If you want to you can change the name of the file to one suitable for the Trip report as you go eg AugustTR001.jpg, AugustTR002.jpg and so on . It also does a batch of images at a time so you select the ones you are going to use, select the destination, change name if you want press play and they all end up where you want ready for the TR. Your originals are untouched for your use later.