Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 258 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pics from the farang ghetto, the 'Hood. Ideally situated half way between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy, an oasis in lower Sukhumvit. Upscale restaruants (17% added to your bill is the norm), trendy dis

I took a walk down Soi 11 yesterday, my old neighborhood.  I took along the Nikon ZfC, my street photography camera, and everyone thought I was a tourist. ?     I knew it was only

I took a walk up Soi 11 last night, hungry for a burger.  I usually visit Bang Bang Burger but wanted to try Artisan Burger next door this time.  It was Tuesday but the Soi was alive.  

Posted Images

Thanks for the great photos! I quite like Soi 11. Aloft is a nice hotel that's relatively inexpensive. Bed Supper Club and the various bars at Le Fenix are good fun. Climax disco is a nice spot to find late-night freelancers.

What's the name of the Arab hotel with the disco in the basement? I went there once. A shithole. I see photos of Ambassador hotel but I'm thinking it's another hotel. fuck I needs to stop drinking my memory is getting hazey.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's the name of the Arab hotel with the disco in the basement? I went there once. A shithole. I see photos of Ambassador hotel but I'm thinking it's another hotel. fuck I needs to stop drinking my memory is getting hazey.

Grace?

Great photos.....I've stayed on Sukhumvit 11 on quite a few occassions and always enjoyed it.

A bit surprised at the Bed Supper Club closing.It was one of Bangkoks trendiest venues.I wonder if it has re-opened at another location ?

Q Bar is another good place on the soi.

Excellent photo-set as ever RT. I was trying to remember whether the Ambassador had one of the notorious "coffee bars" annexed to it in the 60s. We visited one, which I was sure had that name, and had a whale of a time. Prior to that we had tended to frequent the Mosquito bar and others around that dock area. Altogether a far sleazier experience.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to spend a night in Bangkok the next time I am in Thailand. Your essay is very tempting.

Not in the near future I hope, what with the Skytrain being broke and the protests I think straight to Pattaya works best for many!

Jacko. Tell me more about the Skytrain being broke. I have missed this piece of news.

PS. Since the upgrade I still cannot use 'quote'using IE and I am too lazy to change to Chrome.

There were bombs in the south too.... Sadao in Songkla province and a truck packed with explosives found in Phuket.

They fixed the Skytrain but you can imagine the chaos that would cause... I bet all the meters on the taxis broke too!

Pattaya looks like it is going to be crowded..... being a quick drive from chaotic Bangkok.......

Good news, Baht under pressure so more of them for your £/$/Euro etc.

There were bombs in the south too.... Sadao in Songkla province and a truck packed with explosives found in Phuket.

They fixed the Skytrain but you can imagine the chaos that would cause... I bet all the meters on the taxis broke too!

Pattaya looks like it is going to be crowded..... being a quick drive from chaotic Bangkok.......

Good news, Baht under pressure so more of them for your £/$/Euro etc.

Bangkok will empty out during what is effectively a 4-5 day holiday. It's actually a good time to visit the capital.

I used to stay at Grand President during the first five years of this century. Memories of many different but the same rooms in B wing, with a stream of different but the same girls , usually from Soi Cowboy, sometimes Nana, occasionally different places.

. A seemingly respectable Massage shop, near Cheap Charlies, where an initial nailcut morphed into an oily massage into a wild steamy ride.

A tiny hole in the wall bar opposite that started with a cold Singha and ended with the waitress in my bed at GP for a ST.

Breakfast on the terrace of a new hotel nearer Sukhumvit, with Oy, a new girl from the Bar with No Name in SC, who got a call from Mae during the meal, and insisted I'd have a chat with Mae.

I look at the pictures I took of her lovely body after breakfast, which led to another roll in the hay, and the memories all come flooding bed.

Pictures of Nut, who made me come six times in 24 hours, sitting on top of me, then getting up, standing in front of the mirror with one leg lifted on a chair, insisting I try her other orifice, "just for a change"

She later married a retired English Oil worker and opened a bar in Hua Hin....

Soi 11, I have a lot of history there.....

• Upvote 1