Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 257 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ikkrang, on 26 Dec 2013 - 8:07 PM, said:

I look at the pictures I took of her lovely body after breakfast, which led to another roll in the hay, and the memories all come flooding bed.

Those wet dreams play havoc with the laundry routine.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pics from the farang ghetto, the 'Hood. Ideally situated half way between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy, an oasis in lower Sukhumvit. Upscale restaruants (17% added to your bill is the norm), trendy dis

I took a walk down Soi 11 yesterday, my old neighborhood.  I took along the Nikon ZfC, my street photography camera, and everyone thought I was a tourist. ?     I knew it was only

I took a walk up Soi 11 last night, hungry for a burger.  I usually visit Bang Bang Burger but wanted to try Artisan Burger next door this time.  It was Tuesday but the Soi was alive.  

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

It is quite possible I bumped my head rhythmically on some of that concrete some years back.

It may explain a few current issues.

Thanks for all those pictures. They are great. I agree Chez Pape is excellent French food. The Tapas place is also excellent with some great tapas and Spanish wines and sangria....great value. And if you like fish and chips Snapper is the best I've ever eaten.....fabulous fish and excellent chips and none of it greasy. That sub-soi has some great places to eat.

I used to stay down in that soi the first few times I went to Bangkok, The President Solitare was down there. Seems to be a lot more bars and restaurants now,it was pretty much dead going back 10 years ago. Nice pics, thanks.

Firehouse Restaurant makes delicious burgers and friesPosted Image

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I couldn't get that into my mouth......:whistling:

I couldn't get that into my mouth......:whistling:

Lol, neither could I, of course. I think Mick Jagger might be able to.

The way I ate it was to attack it as if it were a sphere, from 360 degree approaches.

It was a delicious burger, well worth the effort!

Lol, neither could I, of course. I think Mick Jagger might be able to.

The way I ate it was to attack it as if it were a sphere, from 360 degree approaches.

It was a delicious burger, well worth the effort!

How much fell back onto the plate using that approach?

I eat a big burger like a girl, it has to remain on the plate and I use a knife and fork!

Edited by jacko

How much fell back onto the plate using that approach?

I eat a big burger like a girl, it has to remain on the plate and I use a knife and fork!

Girl, knife and fork! :ninja:

• Upvote 1

For anyone staying at the Ambassador Hotel or nearby, here's a tip:

You can walk to Soi 7 Beer Garden in 3 minutes.

It's true! There's a small lane next to the Raintree Spa across the street from the Ambassador. Just veer to the left and access Soi 7 through a gate next to the Park Hotel. They may lock it at night, I've never tried after midnight, but it's very convenient for getting Freelancers in the afternoon or early evening.

DSC_4195.JPG

• Upvote 1

In the 'old' days, I would stay at the Federal hotel, but last time I stayed, 2005, it sucked, so I stopped.

In the 'old' days, I would stay at the Federal hotel, but last time I stayed, 2005, it sucked, so I stopped.

In the 'old days' I was less discerning, and the absence of a joiner fee was a major factor.

My Bangkok home when away from home for about 30 years, so it's sad to see the photos, though they are appreciated as well.

Back in 1981 I asked an engineer in Dhahran where to stay in Bangkok and he said The Fed and after that I rarely stayed anywhere else. Lots of memories of the eighties coming back from Patpong and the Grace coffee shop in the wee hours and afternoons of many beers poolside with new found friends.

When I next get back to Bangkok where to stay will be the question.

-redwood

• Upvote 1

The Grand Swiss just opened, it's a renovation of the Swiss Park Hotel on Soi 11/1.

DSC_4796.JPG

I wasn't charged a joiner when stayed at the Swiss Park for one night in 2008 with this farm-fresh spinner. She was very shy but anxious to please.

wan4.jpgwan6.jpg

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • Upvote 4

Great pictures PC!

Made me really miss Bangkok, I didn't visit as many times as I would have wanted to this year because of yellow shirts and curfews,

and now I must wait until next year when I'll get the chance again! :cry2

Plahgat

• Upvote 1

Excellent picture report. I commend you on a job well done. Have you ever thought of doing reports like this on different sois around Suk? I know it takes quite a bit of time and effort. Just want you to know it is appreciated.

@RhinoTusk,

Thanks for all the great photos. The Federal was built in 1966 as a short time hotel, but quickly became popular with the G.I.s from Vietnam on R&R. The rooms were small, but they has a good pool and the food was good. Even after I started staying up the street at The President Solitaire the girls preferred to eat at The Federal Coffee Shop.

Edited by Samsonite

hi

spent a week at the ambassador in 2008 when my flight was cancelled due tp the protests.

my room in the circular tower block looked out to a giant aviary with all kinds of birds making a racket.

loved the pickled liver bar at the end of cheap charlie street.

saw euro dj martin solveig at the bed supper.

had one beer at the pricey manchester united bar.

used the subway sandwich bar on soi 11.

was handy for nana plaza.