Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pics from the farang ghetto, the 'Hood. Ideally situated half way between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy, an oasis in lower Sukhumvit. Upscale restaruants (17% added to your bill is the norm), trendy dis

I took a walk down Soi 11 yesterday, my old neighborhood.  I took along the Nikon ZfC, my street photography camera, and everyone thought I was a tourist. ?     I knew it was only

I took a walk up Soi 11 last night, hungry for a burger.  I usually visit Bang Bang Burger but wanted to try Artisan Burger next door this time.  It was Tuesday but the Soi was alive.  

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Thanks for the photos. The area has changed so much it is no longer recognizable (to me).

FYI, there's a beer bar area across the street from Wine Connection.  I didn't show it because not open in the afternoon but it comes alive at night.

IMG_20220325_183745.jpg

• Upvote 1

Is the Ava Pub still on Soi 11? It was located next to the old Federal Hotel. Met a couple of truly beautiful women in the Ava Pub. IIRC, it was owned by a lawyer from California.

Edited by Samsonite
11 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Is the Ava Pub still on Soi 11? It was located next to the old Federal Hotel. Met a couple of truly beautiful women in the Ava Pub. IIRC, it was owned by a lawyer from California.

Yeah, it's open. I'm sure there's a photo somewhere in this thread, although I've never been in there. I've never been in Oskar Bistro either, I think they have a dress code and I like to wear cut offs and flip flops. 

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, RhinoTusk said:

Yeah, it's open. I'm sure there's a photo somewhere in this thread, although I've never been in there. I've never been in Oskar Bistro either, I think they have a dress code and I like to wear cut offs and flip flops. 

I've heard the Ava Pub has changed and if you are not a Japanese businessman, you are not welcome, but that was years ago. True or not I don't know

Edited by Samsonite
  • 6 months later...

Good to see you last week. Thanks for the update. I'll take a stroll down the Soi but disappointed realizing the reference to Climax being open was a prior post. Only game in town i guess remains Thermae.   I am always in search of a good burger. Ground my own beef back home.

• Thanks 1

Some of the food looks good.  I’ve been wanting to take a trip up to Bangkok for a week or so, but I keep hesitating because it’s still rainy season.  With my luck, I’d spend money on a hotel and have to sit there doing nothing because of rain and flooding. I still might do it, though.  Otherwise, I’ll wait until November.

19 hours ago, js007 said:

Some of the food looks good.  I’ve been wanting to take a trip up to Bangkok for a week or so, but I keep hesitating because it’s still rainy season.  With my luck, I’d spend money on a hotel and have to sit there doing nothing because of rain and flooding. I still might do it, though.  Otherwise, I’ll wait until November.

Give it a short while and the rainy season should be over. They are getting even more of it there than we are here in Pattaya. 

• 2 months later...