Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Are the flights still full?

I arrived on the 3rd and leave on the 30th back to OZ.

I agonised about the situation before I left and monitored the Bangkok post online.

Since arriving i have sort of looked the at Post a few times just to see if anyone might be about to breaak down the hotel door.

BUT!!!

I just left The World Wide Agogo AND FOR THE 3RD TIME IN A WEEK SOME FARANG HAS GOT UP ON THE FUCKING PODIUM AND DANCED and they haven't cut the sound or lights or anything... fuck me that should be cause for insurgency..

AND

the fucking golden mile of tat put up on beach road yesterday is giving me the shits!!!!!! Cunts wandering along looking at shit they can buy any day of the week from any stall holder in second road...

ANF fuckers dont wander along with your 30 minute old barfine looking at this shit like it means something.. THERE IS A BIG FAT BALD OLD CUNT WHO WANTS TO GET PAST FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So OP, national politics and plane vacancies are nothing compared to the shit we are all dealing with here!

(Just come, all is good :bhappy )

Edited by SlipSlopSlap
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The current political unrest appears to be having a negative impact on hotel occupancy rates and advance bookings this month in Bangkok and some provinces, a recent poll conducted by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) showed.

Overall, occupancy has dropped by 5 per cent compared with the same period last year, with Bangkok hit hardest with a drop of 25.5 per cent year on year, followed by 5.6 per cent in Nakhon Ratchasima, 5 per cent in Kanchanaburi and 4.4 per cent in Songkhla. However, arrivals in Chiang Mai and Chon Buri were still positive, showing an increase of 2.7 per cent and 7.9 per cent respectively during the period.

The TATpoll was carried out from November 21 to 28 on a sample of 600 business operators in six provinces, namely Bangkok, Chon Buri, Nakhon Ratchasima, Kanchanaburi, Songkhla and Chiang Mai. As many as 100 firms in each province were asked about their "confidence in tourism and if the political demonstration was having an adverse impact".

Of the respondents, 57.1 per cent said they had suffered from a drop in occupancy rates and advance bookings, while 31.6 per cent said their business performance was better in comparison with the same period last year.

As for the impact the political turmoil was having on tourism as a whole, 71 per cent of the respondents in Bangkok said it was very difficult to get around, while 72 per cent of those in Kanchanaburi said it was more difficult to sell their products. Operators in Nakhon Ratchasima and Chon Buri, meanwhile, said costs were on the rise.

As a survival tactic, 21 per cent of the respondents in Bangkok are giving away restaurant gift vouchers, while 69 per cent of the companies in the capital are calling on the government to guarantee their earnings if their businesses are hit by the political chaos. Most of the respondents also said they wanted the administration to continue promoting tourism. In addition, 79.8 per cent of them said they were confident that business would get better next year.

Apichart Intharapongpan, TAT's deputy governor for policy and planning, said the authority had also spoken to 1,400 local people in the same six provinces to try to understand their sentiments about travel during the period.

Despite the political tension, most of the participants said they would still go travelling this month. Chiang Mai was the most popular destination with 12.2 per cent, followed by Chon Buri (8.2 per cent), Rayong (6.4 per cent), Loei (6.1 per cent) and Phuket (5.2 per cent). Chiang Mai was popular because there was no political unrest there.

Of the 399 Bangkokians participating in the survey, 80.5 per cent said they would definitely take part in the protests.

I've always wondered what possesses farangs to get up and dance...

This makes me cringe,do they realize how stupid they look?The Thai's are very tolerant because of the money they spend.

The minute some big fat slob gets up on stage and starts dancing around, I pay my bill and leave. Why would anyone sit through that shit? This is one instance where it would be OK with me if the bouncers kicked the shit out of someone.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

It's the LDOPs who have run out of money trying to be the centre of attention. :D

• Upvote 1

The minute some big fat slob gets up on stage and starts dancing around, I pay my bill and leave. Why would anyone sit through that shit? This is one instance where it would be OK with me if the bouncers kicked the shit out of someone.

Hope you never went to an Elvis or Meatloaf concert !

• Upvote 1

Hope you never went to an Elvis or Meatloaf concert !

What was that strange Greek fellow called Demise something.........?

Ughhh......

I understand the sentiment, but on due consideration, that is going a step too far. I would not see a problem with immediate, and I do mean immediate, ejection from the bar.

My friend and I got stuck in Thailand during the last bit of political unrest a few years ago when the protesters shut down the airport in Bangkok. We werent going to complain. The Thai Government put anyone that wanted it, that got stuck there and couldnt go home, up in hotels and paid for their meals at the hotels. I got to stay in Pattaya for a couple extra weeks courtesy of the government. Not a bad deal. There was a certain list of hotels that we could stay at, and they gave us like 400 baht a day or something like that in credit to use for food with the hotel room service.