Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Stainless Barbecue Grills

• 2 months later...

Mmmm. BBQ...gotta get me a house.

Couple near me could be had!!!

They are not allowed on balconies? Most places seem to have balconies out there.

No idea...just the idea of a big gas bbq on a balcony is ... wrong to me.

OP, keep the deal going and when I get the house, we'll talk.

Nice BBQs but for me I always wonder why the prices of these are so high in Thailand, in Australia you can buy a good quality 4 burner for about $350 AUD (approx 10,000 bahts) or a 6 burner for about $400 - $450 AUD (approx 12,000 bahts).

Anyone know why they are so expensive over there?

Nice BBQs but for me I always wonder why the prices of these are so high in Thailand, in Australia you can buy a good quality 4 burner for about $350 AUD (approx 10,000 bahts) or a 6 burner for about $400 - $450 AUD (approx 12,000 bahts).

Imported?

Farang only item.

Personally I bought a Thai one, half an oil barrel, worked pretty good. :D

Lack of demand is the reason for pricing. I would assume most shops in Australia dont have to inventory a container they just call the distributor when they need to replenish....of course i like to think mine are a bargain compared to the other sellers in thailand.

Stainless steel is expensive and difficult to work with. I have one that was built by Quickfire in Udon Thani. Everything is hand crafted and welded. Mine was one of the originals and after about 7 years, the firebox and bottom grill fell apart. The originals had a steel firebox. Doc, who owns the company totally rebuilt mine and now even the lower parts are all stainless steel. I expect it will last much longer than me. The lid is double walled and insulated. It works well as an oven.

Yep agree Yankee99 lack of demand probably the main reason as every Aussie and his dog probably owns a BBQ.

Yours are a good price (for Thailand) and good quality. :thumbup

Stainless steel is expensive and difficult to work with. I have one that was built by Quickfire in Udon Thani. Everything is hand crafted and welded. Mine was one of the originals and after about 7 years, the firebox and bottom grill fell apart. The originals had a steel firebox. Doc, who owns the company totally rebuilt mine and now even the lower parts are all stainless steel. I expect it will last much longer than me. The lid is double walled and insulated. It works well as an oven.

Quickfire seems to make a nice grill although not cheap..Here are some inside pics as you can see lots of stainless....

20140208_105532.jpg

20140208_105509.jpg

20140208_105611.jpg

20140208_105458.jpg

Safety regulator

20140208_105551.jpg

20140208_105542.jpg

20140208_105558.jpg

No idea...just the idea of a big gas bbq on a balcony is ... wrong to me.

OP, keep the deal going and when I get the house, we'll talk.

It does not have to be so intimidating, not after you do it once or twice. Gas barbecues (not charcoal) are allowed in L.A. by most condo associations (and apartment complexes) and lots of people use them.

The majority of barbecues I see in stores here have two burners, and that's all you need. I have used two burner barbecues for years, including in condo balconies, and they have enough acreage to keep 7 - 8 people well fed. (Haven't had a food riot so far!)

Edited by Trvlr

It does not have to be so intimidating, not after you do it once or twice. Gas barbecues (not charcoal) are allowed in L.A. by most condo associations (and apartment complexes) and lots of people use them.

The majority of barbecues I see in stores here have two burners, and that's all you need. I have used two burner barbecues for years, including in condo balconies, and they have enough acreage to keep 7 - 8 people well fed. (Haven't had a food riot so far!)

What has LA got to do with it?

Mmmm. BBQ...gotta get me a house.

My wife and I ate dinner tonight at Maurice's BBQ in Santee, South Carolina. BBQ is smoked over a hickory wood fire. Very tasty. Go get that house!

Even here in third world Thailand, LPG bottles are banned in condos and apartment buildings. That is a restriction that is vigorously enforced.

• Upvote 1

What has LA got to do with it?

A lot actually.

People are remarkably similar the world over, though they may have different toys and different ways of expressing themselves. What I was saying was that if I, and a whole bunch of other people, were comfortable using gas grills in condo balconies in LA, then maybe MM will get used to it also in Pattaya. I was just offering to hold his hand (in a totally non-romantic way!).

But Gary above says that gas canisters are not allowed in condos in Pattaya, so I guess using a grill is not a possibility. Somewhat surprising, seeing that people instal kitchens in their balconies.

Maybe the canisters themselves have a poor safety record. I remember that about 8 or 10 years ago everyone in California had to replace their propane containers with new ones that contained more safety features.Perhaps that is on the cards in Pattaya in the future.

A lot actually.

People are remarkably similar the world over, though they may have different toys and different ways of expressing themselves. What I was saying was that if I, and a whole bunch of other people, were comfortable using gas grills in condo balconies in LA, then maybe MM will get used to it also in Pattaya. I was just offering to hold his hand (in a totally non-romantic way!).

But Gary above says that gas canisters are not allowed in condos in Pattaya, so I guess using a grill is not a possibility. Somewhat surprising, seeing that people instal kitchens in their balconies.

Maybe the canisters themselves have a poor safety record. I remember that about 8 or 10 years ago everyone in California had to replace their propane containers with new ones that contained more safety features.Perhaps that is on the cards in Pattaya in the future.

Very little actually... as Gary confirmed.

I have a little cylinder in my house for some gas rings!

Tucked away in a cupboard under the stove.

But really, what goes on in other countries, for now, does not necessarily have any refection on life in Thailand, and thank heavens for that.

Particularly California......

Edited by jacko
  • 2 months later...

Here is a space saving economy grill with weather cover, stainless burners and stainless flare guards..

Forum SPECIAL!! 9000 Baht

089 229 1482

P1050006

P1050007

P1050008

P1050008

P1050010

P1050011

P1050013

P1050014

Edited by yankee99

A good friend of mine, Eddie, ordered a gas BBQ from the USA for Rich Man Poor Man in Jomtien. I think he paid 40,000 baht for it. He can tell you that anything built from regular steel will not last very long. He is still using it but he has a clever Thai metal worker who has totally re-built it several times.