Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Where can I find a good English (Irish or Scottish) breakfast

From my previous couple of trips to Pattaya, one of the things I was unable to cope with was the so called "American" breakfast served at the hotel I stayed in. Bacon was what I think is referred to in UK and Australia as streaky bacon, burnt to a frazzle, the sausage was more like mini frankfurters (think miniaturised hot dog), the hash brown I won't even discuss! Only thing I found edible was the fried eggs.

Is there someplace where I can get a decent breakfast - middle cut bacon rashers that aren't burnt to a crisp, mushrooms, beef or pork sausage and eggs? And a pot of Earl Grey!

I don't mind eating the rice soup that the hotel has for breakfast, in fact it's quite tasty, but occasionally I'd like a really decent English/Irish or Scottish (depending on your origins)breakfast.

A decent full english breakfast is to be had at Queen Victoria, Soi 6, Pattaya Beer Garden, Sea Fresh(Thrappraya Rd) and many many more.

Not sure about the Earl Grey tea though, but I've had a decent cuppa in all of these !

For a very good breakfast (Irish or English) there are many very good places on LK Metro. I Rovers does a big Irish breakfast for 99 baht for everything including tea and orange juice. There are other places on LK Metro also like Golf Bar and The Rock House - all do very good food at very reasonable prices for food.

• Downvote 1

You can get full Engish breakrasts all over Pattaya but IMO the best value for money is at the Irish Rovers in LKM as mentioned by Big Mick. It's a bit of a challenge finishing it all so make sure you've got an appetite. It must cost more than 99 baht to buy and cook all the ingredients (Ssh, don't tell the management) of such a belt stretcher and it even includes mushrooms and black pudding! Unless you've got tapeworms you won't be able to eat again till the evening.

• Upvote 1

18 Coins on soi Buk do a great " Full English " breakfast that you will struggle to finish ( I have failed many times ) for 110 b

2 Fried eggs or scrambled

2 big slices of back bacon

2 sausages

Black pudding

Baked beans or tomatoes

2 Slices of toast or plain bread

Large tea or coffee with free refill

You can get a smaller version of the above for 90 b

• Upvote 1

The Sportsman, Soi 13. Excellent breakfast.

The food they sell in the sportsman is very good , but its not the cheapest by far.....! Having said that , the Sunday all you can eat buffet lunch they serve is the best i have had in Pattaya....!

I've had brekkie at the I-Rovers a couple of time this trip and, although good value, it was never hot enough. Barely above warm.

Tropical Berts are pretty good on Soi 6/1 and also at Lewinski's on Soi 13/3?

KM

Thanks all for the input, I'll have to try a few of those out. My dad used to cook me Sunday brekkie when I went to visit him, eggs, bacon, mushroom, pork sausage, 2 slices of bread 'n butter and a pot of Earl Grey. Then he'd take off and leave me to eat it. Heaven!! Hoping to find something similar hehe

The Continental probably has the largest selection of breakfasts; and every one of the best brekky venues mentioned will be using their bread too.

HP is the great equalizer. Add to that Colemans, Bisto gravy and any other of a number of industrial condiments you like. Did I forget red sauce?

But you knew that already didn't you? Just surprised you didn't mention tinned beans.

'I'm finicky about my food so just make sure it all tastes like it came from a chemist'.

HP_Sauce.jpg

Thai's just don't do western breakfast's well and the English ones are shite anyway.

I do like a good English bacon and fried tomato but if it's covered with slop then what's the point?

Good English sausage? If it exists then dozens of people and resto's haven't been able to point me in the right direction. More like HP delivery devices really.

Irish places are even worse.

Edited by steamer

HP is the great equalizer. Add to that Colemans, Bisto gravy and any other of a number of industrial condiments you like.

but you knew that already didn't you? Just surprised you didn't mention tinned beans.

HP_Sauce.jpg

Made in Holland these days……...

steamer, on 30 Dec 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

HP is the great equalizer. Add to that Colemans, Bisto gravy and any other of a number of industrial condiments you like. Did I forget red sauce?

But you knew that already didn't you? Just surprised you didn't mention tinned beans.

'I'm finicky about my food so just make sure it all tastes like it came from a chemist'.

HP_Sauce.jpg

Thai's just don't do western breakfast's well and the English ones are shite anyway.

I do like a good English bacon and fried tomato but if it's covered with slop then what's the point?

Good English sausage? If it exists then dozens of people and resto's haven't been able to point me in the right direction. More like HP delivery devices really.

Blasphemy! :angry2

Blasphemy! :angry2

Bread and butter is the real deal breaker. If they don't offer that then I might as well go back to prison as I can easily get water with my meal

I tell you ,I jump up and down when a place puts mayonnaise on the menu. Wow. What will they offer next?

Edited by steamer

I do okay with English breakfast, Pattaya style, except for the embalmed tomato. The baked beans at that time of day are weird but tolerable.

I do okay with English breakfast, Pattaya style, except for the embalmed tomato. The baked beans at that time of day are weird but tolerable.

tolerable for sure but just imagine the uproar if they replaced the tinned beans with Kraft dinner.

Edited by steamer

Made in Holland these days……...

Not the same since they changed the recipe............

(Probably lowered the salt content)

While it is still the main contender for Eggs and Bacy, I am using the Lea and Perrins more on pies and things these days.

The Continental probably has the largest selection of breakfasts; and every one of the best brekky venues mentioned will be using their bread too.

I will double on the Continental on the road that XZyte disco used to be on near Soi BauiCow.

To have the bacon cooked correctly you have to request the American breakfast even though the Swedish breakfast looks more American. They make their own bread fresh and sell it to other restaurants in the area also.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had brekkie at the I-Rovers a couple of time this trip and, although good value, it was never hot enough. Barely above warm.

Tropical Berts are pretty good on Soi 6/1 and also at Lewinski's on Soi 13/3?

KM

I agree with u there and ALWAYS ask for it extra hot and send it back if it isn't...Having said that, when they do make it hot for me,,,it's pretty good.

I've found this at any number of breakfast places...cheap and good ingredients but not hot enough

The only place I found that was always hot and good produce was reteraunt In Soi Bukaao, turn left out of Sutus and 1st resto and u hv found it