Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Reading in the BKK post this morning about unusual cold weather in the north and Bangkok, how is it looking in Pattaya do I need to bring a coat?

Edited by pattaya_mad

Reading in the BKK post this morning about unusual cold weather in the north and Bangkok, how is it looking in Pattaya do I need to bring a coat?

No , you just need to take 2 BF's home with you each night to keep you warm...... :D

If you ride a motorbike, at least bring a sweater.

It gets downright cold at night when your going 30+km/hr. Doing 80+ on sukhumvit is downright cold at times lol. First time since ive been here that I actually wear a coat when going places.

Its been like this for about 10 days now... very strange. But the daytime weather is awesome :)

It's actually been unseasonably cold since early December at least (over 3 weeks). See my status on Dec 5 referring to having heaters in the rooms.

It's not getting any warmer either.

I love this weather too. But I suggest wearing two shirts at night, T-shirt under a hawaiian shirt, especially if you ride the moto taxi home.

It has warmed up over the last couple of days though.

I tell you my pre-dawn dips have been testing my British phlegm. I've never known it this bloody cold in Thailand. The benefit though is I've had the pool to myself for a couple of weeks….Keeps the riff-raff out you see.

…….They have more bloody sense!!

The coldest I ever remember it being in Thailand was when the temperature got down to about 78 degrees F. All the girls were asking me if I was "cold." To me, it was the best day of my vacation, as I wasn't walking around drenched in sweat all day.

The coldest I ever remember it being in Thailand was when the temperature got down to about 78 degrees F. All the girls were asking me if I was "cold." To me, it was the best day of my vacation, as I wasn't walking around drenched in sweat all day.

It's the motorbike rides that get you.

I think mid December 2011 was more colder , i remember most of the bar girls on beach road were wearing hooded sweatshirts to keep warm and it was the first time i have ever worn a long sleeve polo shirt in Patt's .

That's 25 degrees Celcius ! More perfect than that it doesn't get.

I hope it will be "cold" in jan-feb too.

Edited by groover

I tell you my pre-dawn dips have been testing my British phlegm. I've never known it this bloody cold in Thailand. The benefit though is I've had the pool to myself for a couple of weeks….Keeps the riff-raff out you see.

…….They have more bloody sense!!

Pre-dawn...shit, I am struggling to do alternate mid-afternoon ones.

I have jumped in a few times and decided immediately 'fukc this' and got straight back out after the hard part was done!

And when I do manage a bit of swimming, straight to a hot shower.

The sad thing is, out in the rural areas, this type of weather performs a bit of a culling of the weakest... they rarely have any place to get warm.

Where is the coldest part of Thailand, normally?

The main freezer at Tesco.

I had NO intention of going this morning………. But then that little voice…….

"You're getting old atlas give this up. Settle down in your slippers. Have a nice cuppa and read Jacko's morning blurb……. " Well that was it of course and I was up and off.

I nearly packed it in half-way through though. I felt numb, uncoordinated and clumsy in the water, breathing was shallow………"Told you!!……..Old…. and farty atlas"

This is the first time in 6 years I've felt so cold here.

I've long suspected that the force of gravity increases it's pull upon us as we get older……Now I'm thinking Mother Nature is up to the same tricks….. A 15 minute shower and three cups of tea and I've only just heard the soft 'bonk bonk' of my frozen testicles dropping back into my scrotum.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

I've long suspected that the force of gravity increases it's pull upon us as we get older……Now I'm thinking Mother Nature is up to the same tricks….. A 15 minute shower and three cups of tea and I've only just heard the soft 'bonk bonk' of my frozen testicles dropping back into my scrotum.

Next time, do what I did, take an opportunity to tidy up the wild forest while the boys are tucked in!

Where is the coldest part of Thailand, normally?

On a year around basis, Loei Province's reputation is the "coldest in Thailand." It includes the Phu Rurea and Phu Kradeung ranges and with this week's front from China the temperature dropped below 0 for a brief time a few day's go.

• Upvote 2

As mentioned, Loei has the dubious distinction of being the coldest province in Thailand. Since I live in Loei, I can assure you that it is indeed cold. Many nights are in the high 40's. Global warming? Where? I have a small catalytic LPG heater that I sit in front of in my computer room. My wife is not the cuddling type but at night for the past several weeks, she has been cuddling. Our home is located at more than a thousand feet above sea level. We have no flooding here but we pay for that benefit in the winter.

• Upvote 2

Pre-dawn...shit, I am struggling to do alternate mid-afternoon ones.

I have jumped in a few times and decided immediately 'fukc this' and got straight back out after the hard part was done!

And when I do manage a bit of swimming, straight to a hot shower.

The sad thing is, out in the rural areas, this type of weather performs a bit of a culling of the weakest... they rarely have any place to get warm.

Hi Jacko,

I think you feel so cold in your pool because you don't do any serious swimming and are just treading water. I find the water feels only cold when you first enter it. After swimming a few laps I don't feel cold any longer. it feels pretty cool again when you get out of the water, especially on a windy day. Toughen up a bit, my friend. :bhappy

Hi Jacko,

I think you feel so cold in your pool because you don't do any serious swimming and are just treading water. I find the water feels only cold when you first enter it. After swimming a few laps I don't feel cold any longer. it feels pretty cool again when you get out of the water, especially on a windy day. Toughen up a bit, my friend. :bhappy

Hi mate,

my water stays just as cold when I have been in there a few minutes as when I first got in!

Of course my pool is too small for serious swimming...but I do what I can.

The pool at your place has been warmed up somewhat by the urine of all the other people you have to share it with.

I, of course, do not urinate in my pool.

Happy New year to you and Mrs Gonzo.

jacko.

Hi mate,

my water stays just as cold when I have been in there a few minutes as when I first got in!

Of course my pool is too small for serious swimming...but I do what I can.

The pool at your place has been warmed up somewhat by the urine of all the other people you have to share it with.

I, of course, do not urinate in my pool.

Happy New year to you and Mrs Gonzo.

jacko.

Mate Jacko,

Having a large enough pool to allow me to swim laps. certainly has its advantages. I'll go for a swim this evening after dark, when the water is even colder. I am doing so hoping it will help me to get rid of my hangover. The 2 tablets of paracetemol I took this morning didn't work at all. I asked Mrs Gonzo to buy a couple of beers to ease the pain, but she refused . She won't come for a swim with me either, like most other people living here. Like Atlas2 pointed out most people won't go near the water, as they cannot handle the cool weather., not even the annoying Russkies coming from a cold country.

On a positive side, there is is less piss in the water. I am certain all Russkies and all the Thai kids piss in the water when the water is warm, You are werong about a few litres of piss raising the water temperature in a large pool. That might be the case in the 3 by 2 metre pool at your place.

Give my regards to Mrs Jacko and I hope we will all have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2014.

• Upvote 1