Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Gas station Pattaya Tai scammers

I've been warned about this place and have had problems there before with their fast and loose pump management, and today they got me again.
I was filling my Yamaha gas tank from about 1/4 full to fill up. Normally an empty tank runs about 100 baht.
I noticed the meter was something over 100 baht before me, but didn't note the exact amount.
He started filling my tank and I saw the meter was continuing from over 100 baht and finished at 260 baht! I pointed and said he hadn't reset the meter. He quickly said 160 baht. Bullshit, I thought, but decided to consider it a lesson learned and paid him about 60 baht more than I should have.
The little cunt was probably doing this all day, making a nice wage above his salary.

uploadfromtaptalk1389346158095.jpg

I thought you wrote about this place a few years back when they did you for filling your car.

I thought you wrote about this place a few years back when they did you for filling your car.

I did. That's why I'm pissed off at myself for letting the little worm get away with it. He was quick and I wasn't. I knew exactly what he was doing, but he'd already started pumping.

So, if he can scam me, and I already knew they did that, it's a good thing for others to know. I suspect if I hadn't said anything, he'd have demanded the entire 260 baht. You'd have to pull out the owner's manual to prove that there's no way that tank could hold nearly 6 liters of gas.

Oh well...

After your last write up about this place, I have never been back since. Now I only go out to the places on Sukhomvit Rd.

After your last write up about this place, I have never been back since. Now I only go out to the places on Sukhomvit Rd.

For filling my motorbike, it's more convenient (and safer) for me to go here than out on Sukh.

They haven't pulled any stunts since I wrote that up several years ago...I've watched them each time. This guy was just brazen and broke the record good behavior they'd built up.

For filling my motorbike, it's more convenient (and safer) for me to go here than out on Sukh.

They haven't pulled any stunts since I wrote that up several years ago...I've watched them each time. This guy was just brazen and broke the record good behavior they'd built up.

I can certainly appreciate the concept of avoiding going out onto suk.

A creature of habit, I fill up at the station near my house if I leave home with under 1/3 tank.

They are a pleasant bunch there and mostly it is a Thaiglish fun experience.

Bloody machines should automatically reset when the handle is removed.

Get your hands on some good fake money and get a few people to fill up using this particular lad and crap on him !

Well it doesn't make sense to open yourself up for some jail-time or a shakedown.

Only 2 choices for me...you check the pump is zeroed before you let him start pumping.... but easy to forget now and again.

Second option, take his picture and put a police report in.

(Maybe try City Hall instead)

I think MM will be aware for another year or two. :D

Im only here once a year for a month or so.

When I get my bike filled up. I just use the old "bottles!"(found in most sois). The type where there is a small shop which sells fuel, fixes bikes etc etc.........Maybe a bit over the top...but I prefer to use them as opposed to the service station type places!

My Honda also runs at around 100 baht and my standard pitch is.. gao-nueng....nueng roi octane 91 ...100 baht and i only have that amount in my hand as the tank will not take much more.

However up North sitting in my car... dtem tang...fill tank.... the last reading was 650...which i thought was unusual.... he took my 1000 baht note and never gave me any change.

When i looked again at the meter it had been zeroed... so i was screwed and the bastard made more than a days pay in one transaction.

Once scammed.....is another lesson in Thai culture and now i always get out the car and watch.

Everyone is on the take....Its not just Pattaya....it's endemic.

• Upvote 3

When i looked again at the meter it had been zeroed... so i was screwed and the bastard made more than a days pay in one transaction.

Once scammed.....is another lesson in Thai culture and now i always get out the car and watch.

Everyone is on the take....Its not just Pattaya....it's endemic.

Hence the reason I make the trip to Sukhomvit Road to fill up the car as they have to dial in the 1000 baht when I tell them I want a 1000 baht worth of fuel, that's exactly what I get.

Yes just reminded me that's the way it worked on the petrol station on second road before now I see its closed! and the numbers on it were clear and large. I even got a new tube fitted to the bike there one time and no great trouble with price.

After a few visits to that ripoff place on Pattaya Tai, I started using the pre-pay automated pumps located in many small subsois (insert cash and shows credit before you self-serve). Hardly ever a line like that busy big station on Pattaya Tai and whether these automated pump machines are calibrated correctly or rate competitive is of minimal concern in exchange for the convenience and control.

I switched from a motorcycle to a small motorbike anyway, so expense in minimal.

By the way, as traffic ensnarls between Jomtien and Pattaya, especally during late afternoon rushhour, I can often save 5 minutes each way on my bicycle vs. motorbike as the smaller bicycle can more easily split cars and jump on/off sidewalks :). Yeah, I know...

Edited by losgrad

This works.

After getting off the bike and lifting the seat just put your hand on the filler cap and leave it there, watching the meter, untill you see the meter zeroed.

• Upvote 1

One thing I noticed a while back was that many gas stations had an unusually high number of ultra premium pumps. I don't need 95 octane just 91 thanks. I filled up at least once not knowing what was going on. Why do they have so many dedicated to ultra? They are generally void of customers compared to other pumps. Is this a scam? At home I can pull up to any pump and then have my choice of octane.

Edited by steamer

I think their pumps are fixed as well,

Ive put 80 baht in when on empty and the fuel gauge sits at just over half full

do the same at pattaya nui and it sits on full