Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

April Suites or August Suites...anyone been there?

G'day HARVEY,

Stayed in both many times , i prefer the AUGUST , It's classy the staff are good ,

MRBILL2

• 1 month later...

I stayed at April Suites Nov 5-18, 2013 and paid 1550 baht/night for a standard room w/o breakfast. I was satisfied with the accommodations, Wi-Fi, pool, and hotel staff.

The April Suites rooms are smaller but large enough to include a sofa, a small balcony, and a large refrigerator (4 foot tall), which they do not stock with any mini bar type items. April Suites has a rooftop pool while the pool at August Suites is on the second floor. The fitness room at April Suites is very small with limited equipment (1 treadmill, no bike, exercise station) and is very hot since it has no has no AC. I was able to use the August Suites fitness room which is 10x larger, with AC, wooden floor, mirrors, 2 recumbent bikes, 2 treadmills, dumbbells, 1 elliptical trainer, and 3 machine stations.

From April Suites, you can enter August Suites thru a back door entrance by the kitchen and get to Central Pattaya road. I don’t think April Suites has a kitchen so anything you order, is cooked at August Suites then delivered to April Suites, so service can be slow. There was a Thai food shop in the adjacent shops which had Thai style breakfast i.e. rice w/2 selections for 30 baht. Topps Supermarket was across the street on Second Road, and opens at 9am.

I've stayed in both and if budget isn't an issue that I would recommend August. August is certainly the better one, with better rooms, better beds, better furnishing, better everything really. When I stayed in April, it was very noisy. Walls are thin, and I am still jealous of my neighbour who brought home more than one chick... ;-) Saying that, if you just need to a room to sleep, fuck and shower than April is fine.

Yeah, I will be over in a bit. Thought it was time to swap out to try something new. Areca is sort of my go to, but you need new surroundings once in a while.

Probably booking myself into one of the executive suites city view rooms next month. I will post photos.

• 1 month later...

I stayed at April Suites on my last trip in December overall I would give it a 7/10. The room was nice, the pool area nice, good staff. The only downfall to this hotel is that the walls are wafer thin, You can hear doors open and shut all night and hear the tv and guests in the next room. I was a bit lucky that my room was a corner room so I only had to deal with one room next to me. Its a shame really cos I did enjoy everything else the hotel offered.