Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have eaten there many times usually taking FLB girls (some hostesses but usually service staff) for a meal after the bar closes. For the price you get very good seafood there, hope to go there again some day but with the closure of FLB my Walking Street days may be numbered.

Glyn.

• Upvote 1

The best thing about Marine Seafood is that they are open late.

I usually eat at the one across Soi Lucky Star myself..quicker and less hassles with the bill than I have historically had at Marine.

The best thing about Marine Seafood is that they are open late.

I usually eat at the one across Soi Lucky Star myself..quicker and less hassles with the bill than I have historically had at Marine.

Yes, I should have mentioned the hours. It opens at 5 p.m. and doesn't close until 5 a.m. or so. I have also eaten at the restaurant across the street from Marine Seafood, especially if I'm on my own. It's a good option, too. I should take some pics there as well.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2

One of the things I really like about EPs food/restaurant reports are to remind some of us (me) of where I once enjoyed great food at a reasonable price. I have not been to this place for a few years, but most certainly will within the next few days.

What do you mean by street eateries? I've eaten at this restaurant and the food was excellent.

One of the things I really like about EPs food/restaurant reports are to remind some of us (me) of where I once enjoyed great food at a reasonable price. I have not been to this place for a few years, but most certainly will within the next few days.

Yes it reminds me of many meals I had at the smaller place that was just across the alley, (Sang Chan?)

Some items were brought over from the Marine.

Back in the days when I could afford seafood near Walking St!

I don't know how anyone can object to the relevance of dining pictures over out-of-date supposedly cheap barfines.

This is more than a monger's board..seems only BigD and Gabor think that's all it is.

Nice report, good pics. You don't need to tout your latest conquest to get my LIKE.

• Upvote 4

Can someone tell me what is the Thai word for scallops as some of the Thai places don't seem to understand what I want.Phoenetic spelling would be helpful.

It sounds like 'hoy crang' (slightly nasal 'o' and short 'g')

Try this without the leading 'yam'...

And beware the Thai for shellfish, 'hoy' also is slang for pussy!!! You can have a lot of fun with that.

(Personally I can not get the pronunciations right and am NEVER understood in Thai, they don't seem to have an ear for my errors!)

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

One of the problems of travelling is that you often get to eat alone. I do go to the Marine by myself mainly to indulge in their battered prawns. Delicious! The problem with eating alone is the boredom that comes while you wait and the Marine has a fix for this. Try counting up the spelling mistakes on the wall boards. Oh dear, thankfully the food is so much better than their language skills.

• Upvote 2

I always found this place to be the best value on Walking Street. Although, admittedly, my last visit was before the street became a "walking" street ! A whole Pomfret barbecued in a 'nana leaf was the favoured selection for a greedy me !

It sounds like 'hoy crang' (slightly nasal 'o' and short 'g')

Try this without the leading 'yam'...

And beware the Thai for shellfish, 'hoy' also is slang for pussy!!! You can have a lot of fun with that.

(Personally I can not get the pronunciations right and am NEVER understood in Thai, they don't seem to have an ear for my errors!)

Jacko thank you for that.

Hi,

Maybe its just me but I struggle to find the right turn-off off of WS to find this place. Have any of the ex-pats an idiot proof way of taking the right route? :huh:

Soi Lucky Star. Across from Marine Disco, and the Muay Thai boxing ring, past Yakuza burger, JP Bar, and on your right.

Alternately, there's a small passageway from Soi BJ that goes past some hair salons and comes out at the convienence store opposite Marine Seafood

Edited by RhinoTusk

It's really hard to miss it, Marine disco is your best bet if you come from WS. Thanks for the photos Evil, they bring back memories. I, for one haven't eaten there for awhile, so I believe a nice evening meal is long overdue, and your thread reminded me not to forget bringing good company.

Soi Lucky Star. Across from Marine Disco, and the Muay Thai boxing ring, past Yakuza burger, JP Bar, and on your right.

Alternately, there's a small passageway from Soi BJ that goes past some hair salons and comes out at the convienence store opposite Marine Seafood

Hi,

Ta. Maybe that will help.

• 1 month later...

An update from Marine Seafood last night. Not much that I need to say, the pics pretty well speak for themselves.

Evil

IMG_8130.jpg

IMG_8157.jpg

IMG_8158.jpg

IMG_8147.jpg

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 4

The grilled and sweet sour prawns look mighty tasty, and you're a brave man with the raw oysters from Pattaya bay.

I sure don't eat them, but a certain Thai girl loves them. I had one raw oyster in Bangkok in 2005 and got very ill, although it could have have been something else that gave me the food poisoning. Since then, I haven't touched a raw oyster anywhere in Thailand.

Evil

• Upvote 2