Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Lol I hope that was a typo Jacko... :bhappy

The RG is a decent hotel, but certainly the in room safes at the Eastiny and flipper group are the access code types (or at least they were). Also, the key access option is very often a universal one anyway. The safe will only be as secure as those who have access to it. I was the same, always trutsting either the in room safes or the downstairs lobby strongboxes. With hindsight I think I must have been lucky.

you're right of course, rogue employees are 99 % of the time secured cash goes missing.

Lol I hope that was a typo Jacko... :bhappy

The RG is a decent hotel, but certainly the in room safes at the Eastiny and flipper group are the access code types (or at least they were). Also, the key access option is very often a universal one anyway. The safe will only be as secure as those who have access to it. I was the same, always trutsting either the in room safes or the downstairs lobby strongboxes. With hindsight I think I must have been lucky.

you're right of course, rogue employees are 99 % of the time secured cash goes missing.

Yes of course, sorted now.

I used the RG a lot and my concern there was that the safe did not seem to be fixed securely, seemingly screwed into the wood of the wardrobe. I have also stayed at other places where the safe was rattling loose. There have been instances of a thief just extracting a safe to open at leisure. A tourist has little choice, he wants to put his/her valuables, cash, passport etc away safely and go lay on the beach...it certainly is not an option to take the stuff with you. Like you, I have been fortunate..... except for the lock-box issue. I recall the old Lek hotel had safes with a magnetic key, and claimed there were no spares, although then you are subject to your companion finding it, or the drugging possibility. I am beginning to wonder if double key security boxes behind reception are the best solution. The worst is the single large safe where you may put your belongings in a sealed envelope, conveniently packaged for the night staff to do a runner with a few dozen of them at once!

Edited by jacko

I think is more wide spread than we think. I am fairly sure i got taken in Gambia for £40 taken from an envelope of about £250.

I now only leave money in the safe in sealed envelopes signed on the flap soded to say how much inside.

I do have a Thai bank account, so i should change up the money straight away, deposit it, and just draw down on it!

I think is more wide spread than we think. I am fairly sure i got taken in Gambia for £40 taken from an envelope of about £250.

I now only leave money in the safe in sealed envelopes signed on the flap soded to say how much inside.

I do have a Thai bank account, so i should change up the money straight away, deposit it, and just draw down on it!

And of course you can do a transfer straight into it and remove the need to travel with a lot of cash.