Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Recommended Guest house in LK Metro area.

Wanting to stay in this area but has changed quite a bit in recent times.

Which would you recommend, and is noise a problem now that area has a fair few more bars and go gos than a couple of years ago.

What I like and you like are 2 different things. How much do you want to pay and for what. We stay across the road from Robins Nest in Soi Dinna never stayed there put his prices and advertising looks good and he has other guest houses in the area.

I've stayed at Metro Apartments, Billabong and Kilkenny they were all much the same, large comfortable rooms, big bath room and good aircon. I've also stayed at the Pasadena Lodge several times for about the same price. Pasadena has a lift and the rooms at the back were a bit quieter.

Last time I stayed at New Nikom Court in Soi Lenkee. 5 min walk from LK Metro. Large room big bathroom and very little soi noise. 750baht a night.

• Upvote 1

I stay at the Metro Apartments when possible. The area has gotten noisier over the last couple of years but it all depends on when you usually turn in. If you are a real late-nighter you will be fine.

• Upvote 1

What I like and you like are 2 different things. How much do you want to pay and for what. We stay across the road from Robins Nest in Soi Dinna never stayed there put his prices and advertising looks good and he has other guest houses in the area.

Ok, to be more specific to what i would like.

Have stayed at Metro apartments, good overall but the wifi is not the best, done a few internet searches and most places are 700 to 900 baht in that area, the price is fine, happy to spend up to 1000 but wanting the usual clean, safe and close to the action but also decent wifi and not too much noise late at night as im not an all nighter, midnight to 1am is about as late as I get.

Which in that area would be good, had a look at Robins nest which is just around the corner, noise on the soi isn’t too bad I know from eating there also looks ok but has anyone stayed in there superior rooms ?

Cheers

The Miracle (or the place just beside it, can't recall the name) newish, cheap, close to LK Metro. 800 baht a night is possible just don't book with Agoda etc. http://www.agoda.com/en-ca/miracle-house/hotel/pattaya-th.html?dsrch=1&cki=080214&cko=100214&asq=t%2fV5gbG7JDKdeUPmBpwJYY5XrNDYAsPAxAYvY0BSUuV5PPrBrr%2bada%2fFAoREfcFIueqqUc%2bIxdwgsrqHfN2NMqJ1Ue3TmolGuT77K%2f47p3YEstUj%2bfUgAz4cPIgRyQE%2bcxzA%2frq1gBGwcz8Aukwvwg%3d%3d

It's a 3-4 min walk to Buakhao and Diana.

edit... Ask for a room in the back and you wont hear anything whatsoever.

Edited by steamer

I would agree with teelac re Areca and LK over the guests houses, especially with all the gogos that have popped up in LK

In saying that i have stayed at Pasadena lodge and its very good value its a proper Guest house tucked away in the corner of the soi and not rooms over a bar

I have stayed at pallin house soi lengkee on all my trips to pattaya so far its a decent size room and shower and toilet, tv fridge and A/C and wi fi and free internet use at reception all for 500 baht a night low season. Very friendly people that run it and do taxi service as well and close to many eating places and bars and just 5 mins to Lk metro without the noise.Has all I need but you might need more.

Edited by Rushman