Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

23 days in May - 1500b/night - tactics?

Hi fellas!

Help a newbie out.

During this winter I stayed at Page 10/Intimate Hotel and Sae me spring too. Can't complain about any of the places really!

Was out partying most tough :)

Anyways. Planning on taking my second trip ever this May, for 23 days. Would like something in the 1500b area. Would like some place between soi 9 - 13. That way it's walking distance to LK M./Soi bukhow which I enjoy spending daytimes with massages etc, and also close to the beach etc.

1) Any ideas for my price range?

2) Should I contact the Hotels directly, and not go trough agencies like Agoda? I seem to get the same price at Agoda if I choose 1 or 30 days. Surely I should have some leverage with my long stay?

Preferences: Pool, Wifi, Aircondition

"Surely I should have some leverage with my long stay? "

That's Western thinking, Thais don't think that way, however you may get a small break. My experience is that going through Agoda is still better than directly booking through the hotel. I have two suggestions - Eastiny Place on soi 8 and Pattaya Bay Resort. The first I like because of the pool, that is one of the best in the area and at PBR you may get a nice break beacuse of the construction.It does not effect you if in the back, the only thing you lack is the view but if you're a night person, who cares? Both has wifi.

Patna, on 12 Feb 2014 - 3:07 PM, said:

If you go for 30 days, why don't you just rent a condo?

It isn't a long thread. He said he's going for 23 days not 30.

Even if he was going for 30 days, why suggest he rent a condo? What's the point for such a short period?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I have stayed at the View Talay 6 condos next to Central Festival mall for most of my trips the last several years, the longest stay was 17 days so the time frame is not an issue.

There are a few studios available for 1500baht per day, and more available for a few hundred baht more. In fact I will be staying in one this April. I would check out http://Dancewatchers.com and http://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com/ to see what is available during your time frame. I have rented condos from both and have been completely satisfied and prefer staying at a condo over a hotel any day.

If I was staying for just over 3 weeks anywhere new I would just book the 1 night and see if it suited, and then ask if I was pleased with the hotel if I could do a deal with the price as its quiet in may. I always get a better price if I book a 3 week deal. Good luck

May is low season. You need to email various hotels and tell them you want to stay three weeks. There are deals out there. Check latestays.com

Thanks! I appreciate all the various feedback.

Update: I made a personal mail to Page10, Tim B., LK Empress, Sea Me spring, August suites, The Stay: I wrote that I'm coming for 23 days during May, that I'm a non-smoker, don't drink or party in room and that I'm looking for a "long term" deal.

9 out of 10 qouted an automated respons of the same prices you can find on Agoda. August Suites, The Baron and The Stay discounted 200-300bath of the retail price. Anyone is free to make their judgement on Thai business savyness ;)

Also mailed honeys-coffe-shop (VT 6 condorental), and she could set me up with an apartment incl. electric/cleaning/wifi for 1500b/d. Looked real nice. As this was among the best quality of rooms I've been qouted, it also was the cheapest. Might be so that I'll try the condo-option even tough the "short" stay. Anyone care me to advice otherwise? Second trip ever fellas.

• Upvote 1

Thanks! I appreciate all the various feedback.

Update: I made a personal mail to Page10, Tim B., LK Empress, Sea Me spring, August suites, The Stay: I wrote that I'm coming for 23 days during May, that I'm a non-smoker, don't drink or party in room and that I'm looking for a "long term" deal.

9 out of 10 qouted an automated respons of the same prices you can find on Agoda. August Suites, The Baron and The Stay discounted 200-300bath of the retail price. Anyone is free to make their judgement on Thai business savyness ;)

Also mailed honeys-coffe-shop (VT 6 condorental), and she could set me up with an apartment incl. electric/cleaning/wifi for 1500b/d. Looked real nice. As this was among the best quality of rooms I've been qouted, it also was the cheapest. Might be so that I'll try the condo-option even tough the "short" stay. Anyone care me to advice otherwise? Second trip ever fellas.

Excellent price. Good location. Let us know how the condo worked out. I'm going to rent there next trip. www.honeyscoffeehouse.com

Edited by BigDUSA

Does anyone know if you rent a condo from Honey's or Dancewatchers, would you be able to hire a maid to come in and tidy up each day and change the bedding either daily or every 2 or 3 days? It appears that the two services only change the bedding once each week.

Does anyone know if you rent a condo from Honey's or Dancewatchers, would you be able to hire a maid to come in and tidy up each day and change the bedding either daily or every 2 or 3 days? It appears that the two services only change the bedding once each week.

Second hand info; but a friend definitely arranged for a daily service whilst staying at a Dancewatchers View Talay 6 condo. Not sure whether he arranged thru' management or directly with the service company though.

Edited by Fatboyfat

You can arrange for daily or less frequent maid service. Honey also has a laundry service in the building and they usually list the prices for room cleaning. I would just ask for the rates when you send an inquiry about a room.