Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Dancewatchers.com New Vt6 Smart Tv Condo Review

After staying in this View Talay 6 (VT6 #13-450) condo for a month, it’s now one of my favorites from Dancewatchers.com I’ve discussed the great location & other benefits that make VT6 my favorite building in past reviews over the years (just search “Dancewatchers”), so I’ll skip that here and just focus on the condo.

In addition to a doorbell (helpful for girls to wake you up when they arrive), the door has extra deadbolts top & bottom for more security. It also has weather stripping insulation which I’ve rarely seen on condo doors, but the stripping did seem to help cut down the hallway noise a bit as well as help keep the room cool. The AC was very strong and was always able to cool the room down well within a few minutes. There was no overhead fan in the room but one outside on the balcony along with a small table & pair of chairs. The South side the view was always great.

The small dining table & chairs in the kitchen entranceway were a nice plus, as were the style of handles on the cabinet doors. The handles made it convenient to use a simple bicycle lock for additional semi-secure storage from the safe. For example, I was able to store both my carryon bag and oversized computer bag above the microwave, and still have room on the lower shelf for my 17” computer and various other items. The floor-level cabinets have enough space to store several full-sized suitcases as well. Hooks mounted above the sink worked great to hang a variety of those nasty fish snacks the girls love, which for 20B-30B each made a nice extra tip as the girls left.

The bathroom has a full-sized walk-in shower with sliding doors that create an effective thermal barrier so the girls can shower more comfortably even when farangs have the room AC frosty cold. Unfortunately the glass doors are frosted, so no pics of sexy soapy Thai titties rubbing against the glass. It has both a large overhead as well as detachable showerhead, and the pair of mounted shelves are strong enough for girls to pump soap bottles without breaking off. None of the VT6 condos I’ve tried over the years have had very strong water pressure, and the same was true with this condo.

The bed is large & comfortable and high enough that you store full-sized luggage underneath with a pair of short dresser drawers on either side. The closet has full-sized floor to ceiling mirrors which are always appreciated, as are the dimmer switch light controls next to the bed. The lighting was good enough for decent pics in the room as well.

The TV was a cool feature that I previously posted in another thread. It’s a large Samsung Smart TV which basically doubles as a computer with internet access. You can even attach a keyboard & mouse. This means your girls to do their Facebook, twitter and games on the TV instead of using your computer as well surf the web for stuff like movie listings at the Central Festival mall next door, weather, etc. The TV also appears to come with a video service from Samsung where they have a large library (500+) of major movies on demand for free. It was nice sometimes just to snuggle with the girls as they flipped through the various movie previews (especially the trashy Thai horror movies so many of them seem addicted to).

And the room has a pretty cool couch for snuggling with your girls. You can adjust the back to recline at several different angles, including even lying flat. A section underneath can pull out and pop up to convert the couch into double-sized bed. The couch was also light enough to easily move around the room as well.

My trips are working trips where I rely on the internet and a decent work environment to stay productive, and this room was great on both counts. It had a proper desk and office chair which were comfortable for extended use, and the internet package was an upgrade to 3BB 13Mbps down/1 Mbps up (as opposed to the more typical 10M down/512k up). The double speed up noticeably helped the quality of my VOIP Vonage business phone calls. The room has a dedicated, password-protected wireless router so it was convenient for all my devices to access.

I opted for housekeeping twice a week which worked well. The staff always did a good job and worked around my schedule, and I gave them a small tip each time. They also provided extra towels which was very helpful. I also rented a motorbike from Dancewatchers which was convenient as I had previously rented phones, cameras, etc.

Overall a very high quality room for a good value at VT6, and now one of my favorites for the future. The pricing varies based on the time of year and duration of stay, so for any of those questions I’ll just point people to the Dancewatchers.com website. Though I will add that, as always, the deposit for Dancewatchers was *much* more reasonable than the "1 month deposit" other places demand, and I was promptly refunded the balance minus power & water.

shelves.jpg

shelves.locked.jpg

bed.JPG

couch.JPG

snacks.JPG

tv.1.jpg

tv.2.jpg

tv.3.jpg

• Upvote 2

SF, any one-bedroom places there or all studios?

I expect there are some, but I've never really looked.

I did stay in a DW condo in VT6 that had an interesting sliding partition that closed off the TV area into a separate room, but I forget the room number (I think it was a high floor VIP room).

Edited by SmellyFarang

A great and very useful review, although I think you 'snack' overly! :D

A great and very useful review, although I think you 'snack' overly! :D

Thanks, though the snacks are actually for the girls and make a nice first impression when they walk in the room.

The girls that make me happy get to pick one as a extra parting tip.

The girls that make me very happy sometimes get to pick 2... :bhappy

Edited by SmellyFarang

Thanks, though the snacks are actually for the girls and make a nice first impression when they walk in the room.

The girls that make me happy get to pick one as a extra parting tip.

The girls that make me very happy sometimes get to pick 2... :bhappy

You are spoiling it for everyone else....:D :d

All the good girls are going to turn into fatties!

• Upvote 1