Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Where to drink good coffee in Pattaya?

Bon Cafe? There are many places serving up coffee in the Malls and often busy with French who like their coffee.

Tropical Bert's, soi 6-1 serves a good cup of brewed coffee. Pattaya Beer Garden, Beach Road near Walking Street also serves fresh brewed coffee.

Edited by BigDUSA

Cherry Be a small place next to Nicky's on Soi Buakhao serves a good cup of coffee. I also like Cafe Pitini on Soi Buakhao which is near Jolly's the former Robin's Nest 2.

Cheers

TG

• Upvote 1

Cherry Be a small place next to Nicky's on Soi Buakhao serves a good cup of coffee. I also like Cafe Pitini on Soi Buakhao which is near Jolly's the former Robin's Nest 2.

Cheers

TG

Thanks! I was trying to remember the name "CherryBE". It is good coffee, great service, good price, and well presented (has a little design in the cappuccino foam).

• 3 weeks later...

Benjamit, in Soi Bua Khao market area.

It is on the market side of the shops that run along the main road, about 100m from market entrance in Soi Bua Khao nearest to Pattaya Tai.

+1 for Benjamit. Good coffee and pricing. Also has some good pastries. Hard to get to on Soi Bukhaow market days of Tuesday and Friday.

Is there not a Chao Doi coffee outlet in Pattaya ?

It is a Thai brand of coffee from the Chang Rai area I think, quite a few outlets around Isaan theses days, good tasting rich coffee IMHO.

Regards

Edited by Fireman Sam

Here in the US McDonald's serves a very good cup of coffee for $1USD. I'd give them a try in Pattaya.

BigD Here in the UK and in Pattaya McDonalds serve the worst coffee I have ever tasted weak tastless shit As an American how can you possibly recommend that ?

I said here in the US. They serve a very good cup of coffee at a reasonable price.

It's fairly recently that McDonalds started serving Newmans Own brand (Paul Newmans company) coffee. The coffee, if one likes that style of American drip, isn't half bad. And I am NOT. A fan of McDonalds in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll add that the price point is very attractive to older, retired people who have grown up on that style of coffee. They can't get passed paying $2-&5 for a cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in the US McDonald's serves a very good cup of coffee for $1USD. I'd give them a try in Pattaya.

It is shite BigD, although a good bit better than what most hotels serve up.

I thought Dunkin' Donuts was the place to be for coffee in the USA!

What Fireman Sam said reminded me of when I had a cup in Mae Hong Son province and it was really good, so I asked the resort manager where they got it from, and was surprised to be told it was local.

Duncan Donuts sells a good cup of coffee but McDonald's sell their coffee for a better price. I like Starbuck's blend. We drink Starbuck's Columbian at home.

Duncan Donuts sells a good cup of coffee but McDonald's sell their coffee for a better price. I like Starbuck's blend. We drink Starbuck's Columbian at home.

Do they still have the unlimited free refills and free papers for the retired in McD......?

Used to be packed with old-boys when I went for my Sausage McMuffins on a weekend morning in Florida!

Edited by jacko

I remember being laughed at picking up a coffee and some croissant in the morning in DC. I stood in a distinctly no-so white line at the Dunkin near China town and it was very blue color. 2 years fast-forward came 2008. same place and guess what? Lots of white shirts and ties and dressed up office ladies. Nobody wanted to pay more than 1.50 or less for their coffee.

Having said that the coffee is not bad. 100% Arabica and that's better than most of those Starfucks, Seattle's Worst etc can say about their product. PLUS not all the grease on top of the coffee. Straight-forward.

In Thailand, although much less than in Laos, good coffee can be sometimes found along the street. 10-15 baht. From the cotton filter done with nice ground Laos coffee or from Northern Thai. I had in BKK around Sapan Kwai. Trick is to tell the ladies not to add (any or too much) of the sweet condensed mild. Starfucks customers wll of course for extra cream.

Before anyone stars flaming for being cheap: Perhaps I am old enough and at the same time still young enough to have other use for my cash than feeding some big companies.

If I have to take a lady to coffee place I take her to Coffee Bean a Thai chain, making a point.

I remember having a perfectly fine coffee in Florence at the Guibe Rosse (or so) on the central square, 2 dollars in a historic place where the novelists had been hanging around a hundred years or so earlier.

Cafe Greco in Rome was not too much more as were places in Vienna and other cities. We talk about famous cafes who are like museums in themselves. So Starbucks does not impress me at all, neither with the bad quality nor with the fake cool hype.

My favorite spot: Surin Bus Station at 5.30 in the morning. Off the bus, a hot coffee at a plastic table and a fresh Thai/Chinese donut.... Waiting for the sunrise and listening to the birds.

• Upvote 1

Do they still have the unlimited free refills and free papers for the retired in McD......?

Used to be packed with old-boys when I went for my Sausage McMuffins on a weekend morning in Florida!

When I'm home, I rarely go to McDonald's. There are better breakfast options available. Plus I pour a way better cup of coffee. I tend to use McDonald's when I'm on a road trip. Good coffee and reasonably clean toilet.

guyinthai, on 29 Mar 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

In Thailand, although much less than in Laos, good coffee can be sometimes found along the street. 10-15 baht.

My favorite spot: Surin Bus Station at 5.30 in the morning. Off the bus, a hot coffee at a plastic table and a fresh Thai/Chinese donut.... Waiting for the sunrise and listening to the birds.

The market on Soi Bua Khao (Klang end) does the 10 Baht coffee. Good place for people watching while you enjoy a caffeine/nicotine breakfast.

Surin bus station and also Buriram bus station further down the route :thumbup