Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

That's someplace I definitely want to try.

Were the whelk accompanied by garlic butter?

Are they at all like escargot (land snails)?

That's someplace I definitely want to try.

Were the whelk accompanied by garlic butter?

Are they at all like escargot (land snails)?

No, no garlic butter, but I'm sure that could be arranged. They were accompanied by a mustardy sauce, a vinegar sauce and lime slices. Yes, they are very similar to escargot.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2

I've had the spaghetti there before and I found the meat sauce a bit too greasy for my stomach. I will definitely try the pizza though, it looks great.

I've eaten there several times and can recommend the food, though I think prices are on the high side (why are pasta dishes generally so expensive in Thailand?). The owner (Frenchman named Marcel) cooks a lot of the food himself, he deserves to be busier than he is.

I've eaten there several times and can recommend the food, though I think prices are on the high side (why are pasta dishes generally so expensive in Thailand?). The owner (Frenchman named Marcel) cooks a lot of the food himself, he deserves to be busier than he is.

I've been told that good-quality Italian-style pasta has to be imported and the tariffs are high, which has to be passed on to the customer.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2

I ate there today, and decided to take a chance and order the pasta al pesto. "Take a chance" because I've only found one restaurant in Pattaya that can make a decent pesto sauce, and even they weren't consistently able to make it.

Once again, I am going to say that what I was served was a novel way of presenting pasta al pesto...not only was it a novel way of serving it, but the green component on the top bore little resemblance to any pesto I have ever eaten.

2014-03-03 14.53.47.jpg

After i had thoroughly tossed the pasta to spread whatever that was around, it was a pasta dish, but I'm not sure what to call it.

Here are some examples of pasta al pesto from google image search, first page. I don't see anything resembling what I received.

Incidentally, the picture below, top row, 2nd from left, looks very much like the picture in their menu, so obviously their menu is not using their own pictures.

pasta al pesto - Google Search.png

Dessert however, was another matter altogether. They have a great dessert menu, and I chose this one...a dish named "Papa" something. Basically, ice cream, whipped cream, hot chocolate...it was quite nice.

2014-03-03 15.46.18.jpg

Nothing here was cheap..it was quite pricey by local standards for a small Italian restaurant...at least it seemed that way. I didn't pay attention to the price of each item, but two of us, eating and drinking one dish, one drink, and one dessert came to about 1400 baht.

• Upvote 2

This is me thinking about the beef stew I'd left in the refrigerator and how good it would be right then.

post-29093-0-95305500-1393860783.jpg

• Upvote 1

I ate there today, and decided to take a chance and order the pasta al pesto. "Take a chance" because I've only found one restaurant in Pattaya that can make a decent pesto sauce, and even they weren't consistently able to make it.

Nothing here was cheap..it was quite pricey by local standards for a small Italian restaurant...at least it seemed that way. I didn't pay attention to the price of each item, but two of us, eating and drinking one dish, one drink, and one dessert came to about 1400 baht.

Damn' Martin, you beat me to it while I was uploading the pics with my sluggish Internet...

Damn' Martin, you beat me to it while I was uploading the pics with my sluggish Internet...

All was not lost..the desserts were just fine...and the potato skins were good too.

I was going to order the safe bet, the salmon pasta like you had, but I decided to chance it with the pesto...

I should just stop trying the pesto in new restaurants...I'm nearly always disappointed. Oh, but when I am not, it is great.

All was not lost..the desserts were just fine...and the potato skins were good too.

I was going to order the safe bet, the salmon pasta like you had, but I decided to chance it with the pesto...

I should just stop trying the pesto in new restaurants...I'm nearly always disappointed. Oh, but when I am not, it is great.

You know, I'm not much of a cook but used to cook some pasta at home, added some extra virgin and garlic plus fixed it up with pesto from a jar and voila - never failed. It's a 15 minutes dish and never fails. I was somewhat disappointed with the desserts. They were all around 200 baht, I tried to chose a modest 150 one but even that seemed expensive for a little coffee with ice cubes, one scoop of vanilla and a little whip on top. No trace of the usual delicious French desserts on the menu, now come to think of it or did I miss the creme brulée?

Edited by Patna

MM's Pesto dish would have been sent back especially at those prices. Doesn't even look like Basil.

hahaha... you're on soi 6 and if it's a Thai cook instead of the French owner...there might be repercussions.

No creme brulee on the menu. I'd have noticed it.

I must say though, that Ricard water bottle for my pernod was a heartwarming experience that I will never forget. I live for the small pleasures...

Ouch! That pasta al pesto sure didn't look right. Sometimes restaurants try to over-reach themselves. The owner should probably delete pasta al pesto from the menu. I can't imagine anyone ordering it a second time.

Evil

:devil:

• Upvote 2