Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please keep your political/economic diatribe confined to the BUST thread. That way, your endless rants won't intrude into areas where they are of no interest.

Hi,   The bankers are behind the unrest in Ukraine. They know they are BUST and are trying to fight back. The bankers are on the back foot. The Russians are not pumping loads of money into the marke

Paper that gives one ownership in a real company with real assets that is producing real products and generating a real cash flow year after year! What is gold producing and generating for you?

Posted Images

Isn't everybody kinda hurting now,except the Thai go-go girls w/ their 3000 baht L/T and bar owners w/ their 1000 baht bar fines and drink increases.Let's see how this play's out this coming year and see who comes out on top.

Isn't everybody kinda hurting now,except the Thai go-go girls w/ their 3000 baht L/T and bar owners w/ their 1000 baht bar fines and drink increases.Let's see how this play's out this coming year and see who comes out on top.

The recession in the UK has been a relative "boon time" for those with wealth, not sure how it has adversely affected the wealthy in other countries.

A lot of Russians use dollars anyway.

What do they buy those with?

. I wonder what currency they use to buy the dollars ?

I think they make their own.

What do they buy those with?

My point was only that many Russians routinely convert their savings into Dollars and so for them the hit won't be immediate.

Hi,

The Russians supply the Germans and much of Western Europe with gas. The City of London depend on the criminal oligarchs money to stay in business. The property market in London is underpinned by dodgy Russian money. Imagine if we impose sanctions on Russia. Estate agents would be marching in their thousands, in protest in London. They'd give Trade Unionists a bad name. :bhappy

My point was only that many Russians routinely convert their savings into Dollars and so for them the hit won't be immediate.

This would be true except for the fact that the ruble has also fallen about 12% ytd against the dollar...

Guys seem to be focused on the word "Pity" in the title of the thread... seriously, I couldn't care less about the rate of the ruble, or the Aussie dollar or English pound if you want to know the truth... other then how they might effect some of my friends. But to me personally, no effect so no concerns.

But when the dollar and pound took a big hit against the baht it had a huge effect on the Pattaya p4p scene. And with Russians making up over 40% of the current Pattaya tourist and condo sales market... well, I think that it's just news worthy to keep an eye on this trend and see how it plays out. Agreed, it might impact 7-11 beer sales... but condos just got 20% more expensive for our russie friends over the past 90 days. With all the building going on it's enough to prick the bubble.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Russian tourists are good for two things: 7/11 beer sales or the rich ones feeding the Russian gogo scene. Oh yeah and their tour buses clogging up traffic

Russian tourists are good for two things: 7/11 beer sales or the rich ones feeding the Russian gogo scene. Oh yeah and their tour buses clogging up traffic

And crushing pedestrians?

I'd like to add couple of things...

Their smashing taste in male short-shorts complimented with a straw cowboy hat.

Introducing their toddlers to the Thai bar scene, hooker transvestites, and music loud enough to do permanent hearing damage to developing ears.

Fucking amazing. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This would be true except for the fact that the ruble has also fallen about 12% ytd against the dollar...

Guys seem to be focused on the word "Pity" in the title of the thread... seriously, I couldn't care less about the rate of the ruble, or the Aussie dollar or English pound if you want to know the truth... other then how they might effect some of my friends. But to me personally, no effect so no concerns.

But when the dollar and pound took a big hit against the baht it had a huge effect on the Pattaya p4p scene. And with Russians making up over 40% of the current Pattaya tourist and condo sales market... well, I think that it's just news worthy to keep an eye on this trend and see how it plays out. Agreed, it might impact 7-11 beer sales... but condos just got 20% more expensive for our russie friends over the past 90 days. With all the building going on it's enough to prick the bubble.

Not a matter of sympathy, but it's hard to shake the thought that if a significant amount of spending goes away, we may not like all of the consequences. No, I can't give any specific examples, just a suspicion we may be missing something.

Hi,

Must say there are some smashing Russian women in London. London is a great city for all sorts of women from all over the World. I prefer Bangkok nowadays as I'm going through an Eastern phase. My therapist says it's part of the ageing process.

I just saw a Russian dude in a wooden baseball style cap walking across second road trying to hold up traffic for his group as they crossed by holding up his arm and waving at cars to stop.

Darwin would have been fascinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sailfast

I just saw a Russian dude in a wooden baseball style cap walking across second road trying to hold up traffic for his group as they crossed by holding up he's arm and waving at cars to stop.

Hi,

That's a funny image alright. He has got to be brave or stupid. Stupid is the hot favourite.

I mean really, who wears a wooden cap? I'm still laughing.

(Apologies to any boardies who wear wooden caps.)

Yess siree! Them Reds are crazy sons-of-bitches………...

Actually it's a toss-up as to whether it's the hats, or the expressions on the models faces that are the most wooden.

Edited by atlas2

I just saw a Russian dude in a wooden baseball style cap walking across second road trying to hold up traffic for his group as they crossed by holding up his arm and waving at cars to stop.

Darwin would have been fascinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean really, who wears a wooden cap? I'm still laughing.

(Apologies to any boardies who wear wooden caps.)

Well, if you're going to do something

like that, you would want to be noticed.

What a birch.

I was curious about wooden hats after this post. I'd never heard of such a thing. Seems they'd be uncomfortable and fragile as well.

After viewing atlas2's topical video, I did some quick checking on pricing and...they are not cheap!

As the guy in the video says on their website, each hat is custom made for the buyer's head shape.

A typical made-to-order cowboy hat was $700-1000.

I'll bet that Russian was really proud of that hat.

Hi,

Some of you delusional fools seem to think that US is doing any better. It's BUST ! :clueless

Gosh wac, you sound like an echo from the yahoo finance boards. I'd almost guess you're a frustrated "shortie".

I have a friend who has predicted the imminent demise of the greenback since early 1980. He managed to lose 30% in the gold market last year.

• Upvote 1