Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

A short review of the Chow Soy rooms.

Stayed here for 7 nights a few weeks ago. Rooms are located above the Chow Soy Restaurant(directly across from the Triangle Bar) on Soi Chaiyapoon. Some members on here hate the street, but it has most things you are looking for. Dave (BM Dazsomer123) is the owner of the Chow Soy, and is an all-round really nice guy, but then again, ive known him for around 8 years now.

These photos are of Room #7, which is actually on the top floor. Most of the rooms are quite spacious, and all have those huge (42" or bigger) HDTV's. Sophon cable is the norm here, and all rooms have WIFI(albeit, the signal is not quite strong enough in this room. Great signal if you sit on the sofa, but I prefer to sit on the bed and surf the net). Some of his other rooms actually have PC's in them, so if you have no laptop, you at least have the PC to use.

Rooms are between 650-700 baht per day, depending on the season. The Chow Soy even does good food as well.

DSCN3910_zpsbc37cdbd.jpg

DSCN3911_zps49840710.jpg

DSCN3912_zpsc5256c3c.jpg

DSCN3913_zpsda12a6dc.jpg

DSCN3914_zpsc628c2f0.jpg

• Upvote 2

Looks a very nice room and bathroom/ shower firth and its a good soi and getting better a few new bars have opened up recently, I have drank in quite a few of the bars below and locally and of course your spoilt for breakfast in that area. How was the noise levels when you rested?

Edited by Rushman

Early evening, you can hear the music booming out9but not outstandingly loud, or distracting from hearing the TV) from the bars next door, but almost to the minute, they always seem to turn it down to a low level at the stroke of midnight.

Does the light in the fridge go off when you close the door?

My friend stayed there a while ago. He said the towels smelt bad as though they had been washed in a river and the bed was terrible. It put me off staying there

My friend stayed there a while ago. He said the towels smelt bad as though they had been washed in a river and the bed was terrible. It put me off staying there

I agree about the beds, stayed there a few years ago and I could feel all the springs in the mattress. I found the bed very uncomfortable. Mentioned it to the owner and he said that he had not heard any complaints before about the bed and went on to mention that some of the rooms had a mattress topper on them but my room had a newer mattress and no topper on it.

I ended up picking up some pads at Big C for 500 baht to place on top of the mattress. It was fine after that. Considering the room was only 600 baht a night at the time I still thought the room a good deal even with having to buy the pads at Big C.

No problems with the towels and other than the uncomfortable bed I thought the room was great.