Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

This happens all too much here

Here is an example of timely bill delivery.

I have TRUE MOVE mobile...my bill arrived today, March 5, 2014.

Hereafter I use Euro/Thai date format...DD/MM/YYYY

The service period was

10/12/2013-09/01/2014 okay..that was nearly 2 months ago...no problem, i like the float on my money

The date of the invoice (when generated) is

11/01/2014 okay, that's 2 months ago...where's it been all this time?

The due date for payment is

06/02/2014

Hmm. It's 05/03/2014 already so I guess that makes me a month late.

I don't know who is to blame, but it happens so much with so many vendors, that I think it must be the post office.

Usually bills arrive with a delay between invoice generated date and received date of weeks..this is a matter of months...but still, how in the world does this country manage to do business this way?

The service period was

10/12/2013-09/01/2014 okay..that was nearly 2 months ago...no problem, i like the float on my money

06/02/2014

I don't know who is to blame, but it happens so much with so many vendors, that I think it must be the post office.

Usually bills arrive with a delay between invoice generated date and received date of weeks..this is a matter of months...but still, how in the world does this country manage to do business this way?

Perhaps, this is why Thailand has so readily embraced direct bank transfers. Do it electronically rather than by snail mail. That being said, I seem to remember mailing things to Thailand from the U.S. and having them get there, consistently, in a couple of weeks.

I just put my bill due dates in my calendar since everything I subscribe to is fixed monthly amounts. Then I pay them whether I receive a bill in the mail or not.

Any other technique would drive me mad.

The invoices I receive tend to include a unique number that needs to be filled in for an electronic payment from my bank. I wonder about trying to pay the bill without the unique identifier. Not sure if it would work.

The invoices I receive tend to include a unique number that needs to be filled in for an electronic payment from my bank. I wonder about trying to pay the bill without the unique identifier. Not sure if it would work.

I don't fill in the number anymore...it works fine.

Occasionally, my bill comes a month late via some other address from the same postal address sequence, e.g. 153/1107 rather than 153/1101. No big deal - I generally pay my bill at one of the many 3BB counters simply by giving them my account number.

Occasionally, my bill comes a month late via some other address from the same postal address sequence, e.g. 153/1107 rather than 153/1101. No big deal - I generally pay my bill at one of the many 3BB counters simply by giving them my account number.

You only have one bill?

You only have one bill?

Only one that comes via Thailand Post - 3BB internet. I probably could choose to do away with receiving that if I delved into the customer service info.

I pay my internet 1 year in advance and don't worry about the bill - if and when it does come.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My wife pays my Internet bill. Being that she is Thai, nothing about their bills surprises her.

• Upvote 1

My TOT bill can get delayed, I think it is issued from Bangkok.

That place keeps getting shut down!!!!

If I don't get a bill in the box I am likely to forget it and it won't get paid.

It creates a slight problem as you can't pay it at the 7-11 if it is past it's due-by date.

Some-times the TGF wakes me up and she will go to the TOT office Klang/3rd and take an old bill.

Never been cut off yet.

The service period was

06/02/2014

Obviously not the first bill sent to you

We always go and pay once we know the bills have been issued but not arrived at our baan, only exception is the lecky which we give straight to the landlady.

Although we have given up trying to change our address with 3BB, we moved house around 6-7 years ago and after telling them every month in the office for a few years when paying our bills, also numerous calls and letters to head office in Bangkok, still no joy. Not sure if the bill still goes to the old property or not, must please the tenants there.

Just part of the charm of staying here ha ha.

Regards

Edited by Fireman Sam

My invoices usually come about 3 days after they shut my service off and i have gone to pay it directly!

• Upvote 1

LOL, cbrib, thankfully that hasn't happened yet.

Another side-effect of these Willy nilly mail arrivals is that sometimes I'll pay the bill for the month twice, leaving me with a credit that has to get burnt up before I'm in sync again.

This occurred when I was using a combination of paying by calendar date (my calendar) and paying by bill arrival.

Now, I just pay by what I know is the due date and pretty much ignore the paper bills.

It's the best way I've found to deal with this inefficient system.

Btw, jacko, I've had exactly the same problem with TOT bills. Once they arrive late, or not at all, and you've missed a month, it's a trip to their offices to pay.

The amount due per month was something like 99 baht..some tiny number. I discovered I didn't need the TOT line for my 3BB connection, so I didn't get bothered when each month's bill came, since I didn't even have a phone connected to the line...ever!

After 7 months, they still hadn't cut my service. So, I got around to going to their offices on Pattaya Klang to pay about 700 baht. They frowned at me like some deadbeat, where they should have been happy to have a customer who didn't add one call to their network load in 3 years but had been paying for the privilege of...what?

Okay, I paid them and got a receipt for payment, which I kept for a couple of months in case they continued to bill me.

About 3 or 4 months later, I got a letter saying they were cutting my service for non-payment...and the amount was what I had paid them in their offices!

I ignored it and never heard from them again.

Sometimes you can only laugh at this business environment.

We always go and pay once we know the bills have been issued but not arrived at our baan, only exception is the lecky which we give straight to the landlady.

Although we have given up trying to change our address with 3BB, we moved house around 6-7 years ago and after telling them every month in the office for a few years when paying our bills, also numerous calls and letters to head office in Bangkok, still no joy. Not sure if the bill still goes to the old property or not, must please the tenants there.

Just part of the charm of staying here ha ha.

Regards

Good idea

Why people complain about not getting the bill is beyond me - they got the service and they should cough up. End of as far as I am concerned..............

I've had the same problems with True and 3BB invoices, but the electric and water bills always show up on time. For True and 3BB I have online accounts for both and elected to receive my invoices via email. To pay I have to use my Kasikorn account for True, whereas I have to use SCB to pay 3BB. And even though I elected to go paperless, both companies still mail me dead tree copies of my invoices.

Good idea

Why people complain about not getting the bill is beyond me - they got the service and they should cough up. End of as far as I am concerned..............

You know there global*******************************************, you are nothing but a troll. Are you following MM around the forum and posting something derogatory after all his posts. That's what it looks like to me. Just keep it up and MM will be banning you as he has other inane idiots that have done the same as you are doing right now. I see you've been a member here for less than a month and have managed to make yourself less than popular and you should proof read your posts before posting them.

"End of as far as I am concerned.............." just what the hell sense does this statement make?????????????? You're nothing but a trolling numb nut, get over yourself and move on.

CB

• Upvote 1
cannonball83204, on 06 Mar 2014 - 5:39 PM, said:

"End of as far as I am concerned.............." just what the hell sense does this statement make??????????????

Make's perfect sense if you understand it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Good idea

Cough up how much? :banghead

I've had the same problems with True and 3BB invoices, but the electric and water bills always show up on time.

Because a guy comes to the premises and reads the meter, then issues a bill there and then from his little portable printer gadget perhaps. ????

Can't you guys get on some sort of auto-pay through your Thai bank accounts? Or, just pay in advance every six months or so. It would drive me nuts to have to worry about being on time with a bunch of bills every month.

Can't you guys get on some sort of auto-pay through your Thai bank accounts? Or, just pay in advance every six months or so. It would drive me nuts to have to worry about being on time with a bunch of bills every month.

Yes of course you can, and many do.

Personally I just like to pay bills as they come in, it gives you a feel of how much electricity or water you are using and perhaps presses me to conserve.

And I was told that in Thailand cancelling direct debits was difficult..... not convenient if you wanted to cancel your crappy TOT and get True internet.