Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Malaysian Air Flight 370 is missing (Boeing 777-200)

It did not land when scheduled. Communications have been lost.

Flight Aware shows its last position just leaving Malaysian air space in route to Beijing from KL.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Conspiracy" is the governing noun in this case. "Maybe even aliens" is a dependent clause, so "aliens" doesn't determine the form of the verb.   Evil

if it turns out it crashed into the Indiana Ocean, then I will indeed believe some vast conspiracy, maybe even aliens, was behind it.   Evil

And I'm flying to Vietnam on Monday.   Evil

Posted Images

Yeah I was watching this on Fox.... their reporting was pretty bad but I believe went missing 2 hours after take-off putting it over Vietnam or the South China Sea, it never entered Chinese Airspace. You reminded me to put the TV back on.

You hate to jump to conclusions, but some media outlets reporting that two passports, stolen in Thailand, were used to board the plane. One man, who had his passport stolen last August (and reported the theft to authorities) was ousted on the passenger manifest but confirmed on holiday in Thailand.

A second passport, stolen in Thailand two years ago, was used to board the plane. He's Austrian and Austrian police have apparently made contact with him and he's alive.

What are the random chances that two passports, stolen in different occasions, would be illegally used on the same flight. A flight that is missing and apparently down.

If you're flying soon, you should probably anticipate longer, more intense screening at airports.

Oh, and don't we live in an information era? Why aren't passports reported stolen flagged as you go in and out of immigration?

You hate to jump to conclusions, but some media outlets reporting that two passports, stolen in Thailand, were used to board the plane. One man, who had his passport stolen last August (and reported the theft to authorities) was ousted on the passenger manifest but confirmed on holiday in Thailand.

A second passport, stolen in Thailand two years ago, was used to board the plane. He's Austrian and Austrian police have apparently made contact with him and he's alive.

What are the random chances that two passports, stolen in different occasions, would be illegally used on the same flight. A flight that is missing and apparently down.

If you're flying soon, you should probably anticipate longer, more intense screening at airports.

Oh, and don't we live in an information era? Why aren't passports reported stolen flagged as you go in and out of immigration?

Good question. Surely that could be done. Anyway, planes don't normally drop out of the sky at cruising altitude. Might be terrorism of some sort.

I don't keep up with the political situation in Malaysia. Problems?

It's all speculation at this point.

There was an Air France plane that fell from the sky off of South America due to erroneous pitot tube readings. In that case the pilots were trying to gain control for 4 minutes without calling in a distress call.

Interpol does have a database of stolen passports that China and Malaysia have access to. Whether they looked at it... we will soon find out.

It's all speculation at this point.

There was an Air France plane that fell from the sky off of South America due to erroneous pitot tube readings. In that case the pilots were trying to gain control for 4 minutes without calling in a distress call.

Interpol does have a database of stolen passports that China and Malaysia have access to. Whether they looked at it... we will soon find out.

That very question was just asked and avoided on a press questioning session I am currently watching on the BBC!

How did anyone know at this point in time that the passport used were stolen? Did the authorities have reason to suspect these two? I hope some heads roll in Thailand to find out how these passports got into someone elses hands. I hope some body in Malaysia loses their job for not checking out everyone on board before the plane took off. The two imposters must of been european, I'd guess. Either an inside job in Malaysia to get these two aboard or lax security; don't know which is worse..

Oh... and I am flying a Cathay 777 LAX to HKG next week. Hopefully I will be able to sleep. You give up control once you step on board.

Security at LAX (USA) is probably better than what was on duty at Malaysia. You can sleep, has been a long time since a plane leaving a USA gateway airport has been blown up. Yes, I think this 777-200ER was blown up, by whom and why I wouldn't guess.

From the BBC news there are now questions over 4- passports which are thought to be suspect.....the plot thickens.

How long before the Jemaah Islamiyah group come up in conversation.

As a regular traveller the faster i get through immigration and security the better it is for me..... but.after travelling to Israel on El Al Airline a number of times every other countries security pales into insignificance by their standards.

How did anyone know at this point in time that the passport used were stolen? Did the authorities have reason to suspect these two?

The embassies of the respective countries were notified of the people on the passenger list which put into action the govt reaching out to the families. That is when it was discovered the people weren't on the plane and the passports had been stolen.

Security at LAX (USA) is probably better than what was on duty at Malaysia. You can sleep, has been a long time since a plane leaving a USA gateway airport has been blown up. Yes, I think this 777-200ER was blown up, by whom and why I wouldn't guess.

Comforting.

How did anyone know at this point in time that the passport used were stolen? Did the authorities have reason to suspect these two? I hope some heads roll in Thailand to find out how these passports got into someone elses hands. I hope some body in Malaysia loses their job for not checking out everyone on board before the plane took off. The two imposters must of been european, I'd guess. Either an inside job in Malaysia to get these two aboard or lax security; don't know which is worse..

Reuters has Malaysian, Italian, and Austrian officials saying that the passports used were stolen.

I'm not sure if Thai officials are as culpable as Malaysian agents at the airport. Or, if the stolen passports were not in the system, that's the problem

Reuters has Malaysian, Italian, and Austrian officials saying that the passports used were stolen.

I'm not sure if Thai officials are as culpable as Malaysian agents at the airport. Or, if the stolen passports were not in the system, that's the problem

At least one of the passports was on the Interpol list of stolen travel documents. Both should have been.

Evil

• Upvote 2

Thai officials have for years looked the other way on the counterfeiting activities and the black market in stolen documents such as passports.

Rest assured they will squirm their way out of it.

Thai officials have for years looked the other way on the counterfeiting activities and the black market in stolen documents such as passports.

Rest assured they will squirm their way out of it.

I don't know about that...the cops came down hard on a UK ex-pat I casually knew who used to work his con game out soi 8 and Beach road beer bars including 5 Star Bar. Last I had heard he was cooling his heels in a prison outside Pattaya for possession of stolen passports.

Apparently the two airline tickets bought alongside the false passports were sold from a Travel agency in Central festival Pattaya, they were for KUL-peking-Amsterdam.

Just listening and reading reports so far with respect to the pair travelling on stolen passports; The profile seems to fit a " drug smuggling" or similar attempt, especially with the out of the ordinary route they were on to get back to Amsterdam (I believe). However, that would not explain the sad loss.

Hi,

So. it's possible that people got on board with false passports AND explosives. How fucked up is that ?

Have I missed a bulletin somewhere, stating that this pair boarded with explosives. Or is that just another "wackyism" ?

After the fact the USA released that info here in the states and fairly soon after. The airline and or airport security had access to that information but it slipped through.

That said, it does not mean terrorism. The two people involved were checked through to two European destinations. Human traffickers often use stolen passports.

This early morning on CNN it appears that the airplane was over lad and made a turn toward the sea as if trying to turn the plane around. It appears to have gone down in the sea.

Much too early to speculate.