Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Malaysian Air Flight 370 is missing (Boeing 777-200)

From the Washington Post, the sequentially issued tickets to the two individuals with the stolen passports were sold by a travel agent in Pattaya Thailand. No information on routing from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur. Subsequent itinerary was Kuala Lumpur to Beijing to Amsterdam. At Amsterdam, one individual booked to Copenhagen, the other to Frankfurt. Seems like a circuitous routing to their final destination.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Conspiracy" is the governing noun in this case. "Maybe even aliens" is a dependent clause, so "aliens" doesn't determine the form of the verb.   Evil

if it turns out it crashed into the Indiana Ocean, then I will indeed believe some vast conspiracy, maybe even aliens, was behind it.   Evil

And I'm flying to Vietnam on Monday.   Evil

Posted Images

Much too early to speculate.

Not as far as the FBI is concerned. They are in on the investigation now because of the 3...possibly 4 USA citizens who are presumed dead. The 4th is a baby who they are not sure is a US citizen.

Seems that in aircraft disasters the FBI first assumes terrorism until they rule it out. http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-fbi-disappearance-malaysian-airlines-jet-20140308,0,5571373.story#axzz2vRJIOhsE

according to Reuters, if the aircraft hit the water they would expect to see a lot of concentrated debris. They are starting to think it may have disintegrated at 35,000 feet.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/09/us-exclusive-probe-plane-idUSBREA280FF20140309

I guess 'disintegrated' is another word for exploded...but surely that would also put some debris on the sea.

Have I missed a bulletin somewhere, stating that this pair boarded with explosives. Or is that just another "wackyism" ?

Hi,

I agree. It may be a red herring. It's too simple to tie the pair to the likely explosion. Dark forces are very likely to be behind what seems to be a terrorist attack. The two guys with the false passports are likely to be a diversion. I could be wrong of course, for once. :3some

Conspicacy theory 5- passengers miss the flight...how strange....In Heathrow ..yes they are oil workers and have not had a drink for a month....pissed and do not want to leave the bar....this is Malaysia how in this day and age can a plane vanish from the sky.... the Bermuda triangle has moved....no....waiting for info..watch this space....???

Conspicacy theory 5- passengers miss the flight...how strange....In Heathrow ..yes they are oil workers and have not had a drink for a month....pissed and do not want to leave the bar....this is Malaysia how in this day and age can a plane vanish from the sky.... the Bermuda triangle has moved....no....waiting for info..watch this space....???

Maybe the plane was abducted by Aliens, to be returned at a later date.

Yep there's a Pattaya link.

The concensus seems to be a catastrophic failure, the debris spotted was apparently NOT a liferaft, but didn't say whether it was part of the Airplane or not. A high altitude failure would leave the debris falling in a arc, as opposed to an impact which leaves a concentrated area, either way it's sad to say the souls on board have been lost.

If you have a look over on Pprune at some of the theories there, it's a wonder anyone has respect for the dead. One even asked if animals like Lions or Tigers were being transported and if they managed to escape and get into the cockpit...

Soon enough we should get some answers.

Either way, RIP those who have died, I hope they didn't suffer.

I thought black boxes emitted a tracking signal for a few weeks?

I believe I heard that there was no black box signal so far.

I just got up so will be catching up on this now.

The Americans have searched their satellites for flashes from an explosion in the area and say there wasn't one.

Apparently lots of flights are made by passengers with stolen passports…….(Bit of a worry).

The 'Pinging' from the black box every 2 seconds depending on the plane's height has a limit to it's range and so there are important holes where no one could track what was actually happening.

Usually terrorists come out singing and dancing and slapping each other on the back over their kamikaze brothers..Shouting, 'It was us by Ali Akbar'

Nothing heard from the usual suspects.

?

The Americans have searched their satellites for flashes from an explosion in the area and say there wasn't one.

Apparently lots of flights are made by passengers with stolen passports…….(Bit of a worry).

The 'Pinging' from the black box every 2 seconds depending on the plane's height has a limit to it's range and so there are important holes where no one could track what was actually happening.

Usually terrorists come out singing and dancing and slapping each other on the back over their kamikaze brothers..Shouting, 'It was us by Ali Akbar'

Nothing heard from the usual suspects.

?

They may not be singing as there are a few more planned....

about 30 days but the range is limited. On land or shallow water it is easier to find. Black boxes are designed to withstand over 3000 times gravity.

about 30 days but the range is limited. On land or shallow water it is easier to find. Black boxes are designed to withstand over 3000 times gravity.

Between that, and fabric from clothes, seats or suitcases. You would think they could find a crash site?

With all the modern technology available in 2009...It still took 2 years to find the Air France jet.

a quote I heard last night..."the sea will not give up it's secrets easily".

It's becoming clear to me that the flight to Beijing was an unfortunate twist of fate for the passengers. If "Mr. Ali" could have booked a cheaper flight to "Europe" via Manila or Taipei or any other route... that would have been the flight that exploded at 35k feet.

Looks to me that a new undetectable explosive has been invented.

. that would have been the flight that exploded at 35k feet

There is no evidence that there was any explosion.

Wish we could all stop speculating and wait for some facts.

. that would have been the flight that exploded at 35k feet

There is no evidence that there was any explosion.

Wish we could all stop speculating and wait for some facts.

if the plane didn't explode at 35k feet...what do you think happened to the plane? Of course it exploded.

777..."the safest plane in aviation history"... http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/08/malaysia-airlines-experts-surprised-at-disappearance-of-very-safe-boeing-777

excerpt from link...."Its safety record is impressive – the first fatal crash in its 19-year history only came in July 2013, when an Asiana Airlines jet landed short of the runway in San Francisco. Three of the 307 people aboard died, one of whom was hit by an emergency truck after surviving the crash."

imho...there will be no black box find...it was blown into a billion pieces along with the plane at 35k feet. No wreckage, no oil slick...no plane.

Edited by spike

With all the modern technology available in 2009...It still took 2 years to find the Air France jet.

a quote I heard last night..."the sea will not give up it's secrets easily".

The AF aircraft was 10,000 feet below the surface ... that's obviously not going to be the the case in the Gulf of Thailand or South China Sea.

I am finding it incredulous, that in an age when Google knows you are in the toilet at Starbucks and sends you an advert, and that information is sent to NSA/CSS, that a 470,000lb aircraft with 249 people on board seems to vanish with very little information as to where it was, has recently been or is now!

I was under the impression that flight information was streamed 'somewhere';.

And 72 hour+ later, we know little more than the passport status of some passengers.

Edited by jacko

From the Washington Post, the sequentially issued tickets to the two individuals with the stolen passports were sold by a travel agent in Pattaya Thailand. No information on routing from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur. Subsequent itinerary was Kuala Lumpur to Beijing to Amsterdam. At Amsterdam, one individual booked to Copenhagen, the other to Frankfurt. Seems like a circuitous routing to their final destination.

Cheapest routing from Bangkok to Germany

If the wing was weakened during the ground wing touching incident last year, would a years worth of flying make the wing a candidate for catastrophic separation from the fuselage ? If the wing were vibrating enough for the pilot to notice, he decides to turn back, the extra stress of the turn on the wing is enough to tear it off. The wing goes straight down and so does the rest of the plane. The separation of the wing would cause the radio to go out? The two pieces hit the water just right so that they go straight to the bottom of the gulf and are sticking in the mud. No breach of the fuselage, fuel from the separated wing evaporates as it goes down? No time to send a radio signal because the radio or electricity went out suddenly or the pilots on board was knocked out. YMMV my guess is the wing came off.

If the plane had exploded at 35k feet there would be lots of debris on the ocean and some would have been found by now.