Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Malaysian Air Flight 370 is missing (Boeing 777-200)

Now it's getting really weird. The Wall Street Journal http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304914904579434653903086282?mod=WSJAsia_hpp_LEFTTopStories&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304914904579434653903086282.html%3Fmod%3DWSJAsia_hpp_LEFTTopStories is now reporting that rather vague U.S. sources think there is the possibility the plane flew for another four hours after the last contact with controllers. I won't attempt to paraphrase the basis for that. They even float the possibility the plane was "diverted."

A few days ago I saw a report that cell phones of passengers were still on. The Iranians also blamed the USA of abducting the airplane. It is a strange one.

This is like something out of a James Bond movie.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Conspiracy" is the governing noun in this case. "Maybe even aliens" is a dependent clause, so "aliens" doesn't determine the form of the verb.   Evil

if it turns out it crashed into the Indiana Ocean, then I will indeed believe some vast conspiracy, maybe even aliens, was behind it.   Evil

And I'm flying to Vietnam on Monday.   Evil

Posted Images

I follow Googles DJ index daily and Motley Fool had a report on the page that discussed how Boeing's stock is a contributor to the recent downturn (there are other reasons of course but that is for another forum).

What makes me post the article here is that it mentions cracks in the 777 fuselage and the wings of the Dreamliner.

It seems less likely now that it was a catastrophic failure but it does make you wonder about the air worthiness of their aircraft.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/12/boeings-decline-drags-on-the-dow-jones-industrial.aspx

I follow Googles DJ index daily and Motley Fool had a report on the page that discussed how Boeing's stock is a contributor to the recent downturn (there are other reasons of course but that is for another forum).

What makes me post the article here is that it mentions cracks in the 777 fuselage and the wings of the Dreamliner.

It seems less likely now that it was a catastrophic failure but it does make you wonder about the air worthiness of their aircraft.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/12/boeings-decline-drags-on-the-dow-jones-industrial.aspx

Not me.... this aircraft/model (777) has been flying a long time without incident.

Recent reports are suggesting the Indian Ocean is to be included in the search.

The fact that an aircraft could maybe fly so far west without transponders or being picked up/detected is disconcerting, as it would need to fly over land, possibly Thailand! Even if it didn't, the possibility should not be there.

Edited by jacko

Not me.... this aircraft/model has been flying a long time without incident.

Recent reports are suggesting the Indian Ocean is to be included in the search.

The fact that an aircraft could maybe fly so far west without transponders or being picked up is disconcerting, as it would need to fly over land, possibly Thailand!

Hi,

It may surprise you, but I agree. :D With the exception of the Nightmareliner, the planes are good quality. The key issue is that the plane disappeared and a similar thing happened on 9/11. Maybe it was going to be used for some false flag type operation and someone intervened ? It's a situation that has to be resolved, otherwise we are living in even more dangerous times than wac thinks. Wac can have his bad days,but he is usually on the money. I have to live with the bastard.It ain't easy. :D :unsure:

Edited by wacmedia

Hi,

One take on the situation.

http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/

UPDATE:

The Malaysian military tracked this plane for a full hour with military radar after it "vanished from civilian radar because "the transponders were switched off" (B.S.) radar is radar, it does not need a "transponder" to track a plane and they can eat dog poo. And Awacs would have shut down any transponder for a plane kidnapping anyway, it took no terrorist to do it.

ANYWAY, the plane did a u-turn and was "last spotted" on the other side of Malaysia. They made the mistake of saying it was "flying low" when it was still at 29,500 feet, far higher than needed to show on radar, to deceive people into believing THAT is why it "vanished" from radar. A whole bunch of lies were hatched about how it disappeared from civilian radar because "the transponder was switched off" but RADAR IS RADAR AND ONLY COMMERCIAL AIRLINERS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE TRANSPONDERS, PRIVATE PLANES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE TRANSPONDERS. Radar is there to prevent private planes that have no transponders from hitting commercial ones among other things, and if radar can see a private plane that has no transponder it certainly can see a huge jumbo jet. So you can take the transponder lies and trash them.

But the plane DID disappear from civilian radar even though military radar tracked it for a now admitted full hour longer.

Hi,

Wac can have his bad days,but he is usually on the money.

I think in the above, you're right about money being worthless wac.

Lot's of 'not much' is known so far so I'll wait for something tangible. My condolences to the deceased and their families.

My condolences to the deceased and their families.

Hi,

RIP to all innocent people caught up in the power games of the powerful .Lame dupes, pawns on a chessboard. You know that I think the wrong man was charged with Lockerbie. This programme suggests it was an Iranian financed operation, carried out by a Palestinian group in retaliation for the shooting down of an Airbus in the Gulf.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/lockerbie/2014/03/How-watch-Lockerbie-What-really-happened-2014379473018997.html

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wac that Tube clip is really off topic and silly.

Not just nut-cases but dull as dishwater...

Let us stay on the topic of the missing aircraft, and breaking news.

Edited by jacko

This one is getting weirder and weirder. The latest reports and deployment of assets to Indian Ocean will not have been made without genuine "intelligence", and if so, why... with no tangible claims being made by the normal suspects. Just musing from a "waccy" angle, could it be the Somalis have upped their piracy "game"? One thing for sure is my conception of international air traffic control and tracking appears to have been far less effective and capable than I understood it to be.

Edited by Fatboyfat
  • Upvote 1

OK, so a few days ago there was a report about passenger cell phones still working. The today I read that pircay may have occurred and the plane diverted to an island runway somewhere. And these were not crank reports.

This is about as strange as it gets.

OK, so a few days ago there was a report about passenger cell phones still working. The today I read that pircay may have occurred and the plane diverted to an island runway somewhere. And these were not crank reports.

Diversion of the plane and a safe landing is pretty much the optimistic scenario, at this point. On TV they're now suggesting that the plane crashed into the Indiana Ocean. But what sense does that make? Why go to all the trouble of diverting a plane, just to crash it three or four hours later?

Diversion of the plane and a safe landing is pretty much the optimistic scenario, at this point. On TV they're now suggesting that the plane crashed into the Indiana Ocean. But what sense does that make? Why go to all the trouble of diverting a plane, just to crash it three or four hours later?

Exactly js007, this has become almost surreal. We have every nation in the world with satellites looking for and not finding debris anywhere. We also have reports that military radar picked up the flight heading west into the Indian Ocean at altitudes much lower than normal, communication and telemetry devices turned off and apparently intentionally...what other odd things play into this scenario?

Exactly js007, this has become almost surreal. We have every nation in the world with satellites looking for and not finding debris anywhere. We also have reports that military radar picked up the flight heading west into the Indian Ocean at altitudes much lower than normal, communication and telemetry devices turned off and apparently intentionally...what other odd things play into this scenario?

Hi,

Some of you guys dont seem to be complete morons. When is the penny going to drop ?

Hi,

Some of you guys dont seem to be complete morons. When is the penny going to drop ?

OK, Wac, what are we supposed to believe? I'd believe pretty much anything. You know that.

777 capable runway with no authorities or complicit authorities and a hangar in which you could hide a 777?

Best laid plans of mice and men sometimes go awry. I've also heard the suggestion of pilot suicide.

If it flew for another five hours, it looks like the area where it could have ended up would have a diameter of about 5,000 miles.

Hi,

Some of you guys dont seem to be complete morons.

As opposed to incomplete morons?

EDIT NYTimes article with additional info and thoughts about what may have happened. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/03/15/world/asia/malaysia-military-radar.html?hp&_r=0&referrer=

Edited by nkped

Diversion of the plane and a safe landing is pretty much the optimistic scenario, at this point. On TV they're now suggesting that the plane crashed into the Indiana Ocean.

if it turns out it crashed into the Indiana Ocean, then I will indeed believe some vast conspiracy, maybe even aliens, was behind it.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 4

if it turns out it crashed into the Indiana Ocean, then I will indeed believe some vast conspiracy, maybe even aliens, was behind it.

Evil

Tsk tsk ……………Evil I thought you was above that!! 555

• Downvote 1

Tsk tsk ……………Evil I thought you was above that!! 555

"Conspiracy" is the governing noun in this case. "Maybe even aliens" is a dependent clause, so "aliens" doesn't determine the form of the verb.

Evil

• Upvote 4

I believe the official line now from the Malay's is that the plane has been hijacked.

From the Malaysian PM's live broadcast ...

"Despite media reports that the plane was hijacked, I wish to be very clear: we are still investigating all possibilities as to what caused MH370 to deviate from its original flight path."

Has that position changed?

From the Malaysian PM's live broadcast ...

"Despite media reports that the plane was hijacked, I wish to be very clear: we are still investigating all possibilities as to what caused MH370 to deviate from its original flight path."[/size]

Has that position changed?

From Time:

"Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak announced at a press conference on Saturday that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared a week ago with 239 people aboard, appeared to be intentionally steered off-course by at least one person with considerable flying experience.

'This has been a situation without precedent,' said Najib, adding that the plane’s disappearance was the result of a 'deliberate action by someone on the plane.' Authorities are very confident that the jet’s transponder was disabled during the flight, he added, and that the last satellite communication from the aircraft came about seven hours after takeoff. The investigation has been “refocused” into the passengers and crew members."

Evil

• Upvote 2

From Time:

"Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak announced at a press conference on Saturday that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared a week ago with 239 people aboard, appeared to be intentionally steered off-course by at least one person with considerable flying experience.

'This has been a situation without precedent,' said Najib, adding that the plane’s disappearance was the result of a 'deliberate action by someone on the plane.' Authorities are very confident that the jet’s transponder was disabled during the flight, he added, and that the last satellite communication from the aircraft came about seven hours after takeoff. The investigation has been “refocused” into the passengers and crew members."

Evil

I listened to (and read) his statement). He (the PM) went on to say, "Despite media reports that the plane was hijacked, I wish to be very clear: we are still investigating all possibilities as to what caused MH370 to deviate from its original flight path." I take that to mean hijacking is one possibility.

I take that to mean hijacking is one possibility.

I took that to mean that the authorities weren't excluding other possibilities. The thrust of his statement seemed to indicate the investigation was being steered towards the idea that the disappearance had been "deliberate action by someone on the plane." It also depends on what definition of "hijacking" is used.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2