Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Moving to pattaya as a single lady ? is it safe?

Hi, i m 32 , female and i will move to thailand at the end of april 2014.... with 2 years contract. The company i 'll work is in pluak daeng and it looks like pattaya is the nicest place to live over there. The company will give me a car and cover my house rent , gasoline etc. The main issue is safety for me. Which areas are quiet and safe?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't worry about it. It's likely not true in this case, and it doesn't matter to you one way or another anyway. It's not as if it costs you more even if it were true.   You would do best to ignore

When someone sends you to a business in Asia it's expected they will receive a 10% commission when you buy. I'm not talking about a small purchase at a 7-11. This the way business works in Asia and in

Do not do that and do not take any advice from the local village idiot who knows nothing about Pattaya.

Posted Images

The short answer is yes. Pattaya is reasonably safe. Pattaya is what I consider a bust out town. It's a party town where single guys come to buy the services of prostitutes. I would stay at a hotel for a few months that offers free parking. Sabai Hotel Group is a good place to stay. Good location. Pattaya is a fun town. Enjoy your stay.

The short answer is yes. Pattaya is reasonably safe. Pattaya is what I consider a bust out town. It's a party town where single guys come to buy the services of prostitutes. I would stay at a hotel for a few months that offers free parking. Sabai Hotel Group is a good place to stay. Good location. Pattaya is a fun town. Enjoy your stay.

Thank you very much. They will pay my hotel for 4 weeks untill i rent my house. Is sabai hotel close to the main road which goes to pluak daeng? Pattaya might be boring for me :) i m not lesbian , i dont drink much... :)

When you are ready to look for a house - contact Rob Denham on - 0840614322. He is a local real estate guy and I have worked with him for over 10 years. Give him your budget and he can send you some links with places to be considering. Pattaya is a big area and most of the expats stay over East Pattaya. It has everything you need - supermarkets/shops/markets/restaurants etc.

You are quite safe here and should not have any problems, but be aware - just like in any country there are good and bad every were. Try to learn some of the language and you will get along just fine.

Good luck, you will enjoy it here as there is a lot more to the place than whats mentioned above.

When you are ready to look for a house - contact Rob Denham on - 0840614322. He is a local real estate guy and I have worked with him for over 10 years. Give him your budget and he can send you some links with places to be considering. Pattaya is a big area and most of the expats stay over East Pattaya. It has everything you need - supermarkets/shops/markets/restaurants etc.

You are quite safe here and should not have any problems, but be aware - just like in any country there are good and bad every were. Try to learn some of the language and you will get along just fine.

Good luck, you will enjoy it here as there is a lot more to the place than whats mentioned above.

thank you very much. East pattaya looks closer to my working area. My budget is monthly 35000 baht . This is for house and gasoline. I have no idea about gasoline cost but i guess 20 or25000 baht will be enough to rent a nice house. I will call him. Thanks

My daughter lives in Pattaya,and though her circumstances are different to yours ( a little older , not working ) she does live alone as a single women, in one of the VT condo developments on Jomtien Beach. I visited her for Christmas, and she has a great life, has made quite a few friends, uses the Baht buses to get around ..goes to the markets etc, and other than taking the normal precautions that any young woman ( actually, anybody ) should take, I dont think she feels anymore threatened or less secure, than when she lived on the Gold Coast, Australia.

Considering where you will be working you likely need to be East of Pattaya.

35,000/month is quite a lot to rent a house in East Pattaya, and fuel is reasonably priced, 30 baht/litre for diesel, 40 for gasohol.

I think you need to be close to Hwy 36, the top end of Siam Country Club would be a suitable place.

As for a hotel before you find a house to rent, I would suggest the Thai Garden resort, if you prefer 'in town'. Early morning an easy run to Sukhumvit and the motorway. Out of town, the Cholchan is north of town and close to the 36/Sukhumvit junction.

Where in Pluak Dang are you working....it is quite big and the south side is closest to Hwy36.

I live close to the North end of it.(Rt 36).

This forum is a great place for you to get information. Many Pattaya residents.

Edited by jacko

Considering where you will be working you likely need to be East of Pattaya.35,000/month is quite a lot to rent a house in East Pattaya, and fuel is reasonably priced, 30 baht/litre for diesel, 40 for gasohol.I think you need to be close to Hwy 36, the top end of Siam Country Club would be a suitable place.As for a hotel before you find a house to rent, I would suggest the Thai Garden resort, if you prefer 'in town'. Early morning an easy run to Sukhumvit and the motorway. Out of town, the Cholchan is north of town and close to the 36/Sukhumvit junction.Where in Pluak Dang are you working....it is quite big and the south side is closest to Hwy36.I live close to the North end of it.(Rt 36). This forum is a great place for you to get information. Many Pattaya residents.

i guess its north. When i check google map its close to Thai summit eastern seabord autoparts ..

i guess its north. When i check google map its close to Thai summit eastern seabord autoparts ..

I have included a link to a map to Summit Eastern Seaboard Autoparts from the Pattaya area here http://goo.gl/maps/PkYxU

If we're lucky, you should be able to move the teardrop with the A in it to anywhere you want in Pattaya or on the other side of Highway 3 (Sukhimvit). This should give you an estimate of driving time on the left side of the screen. Try moving the teardrop to somewhere on the right side (east) of Hiway 3 to see your best times. If you zoom in, you should see some housing estates that might be a good place to look.

Living anywhere in Pattaya itself away from Hiway 3 will add 20 minutes to your driving time...the traffic in Pattaya is horrendous. 50+ minutes each way every day...if you're lucky.

jacko's suggesting about being near Hiway 36 in the northern part of Pattaya is very good...driving times are in the 30+ minute range, and you're still close enough to Pattaya to go out when you have time.

By the way, the location of the teardrop "A" is not optimal...I just wanted to give a place to start out on the west side of Hiway 3 as an example.

I have included a link to a map to Summit Eastern Seaboard Autoparts from the Pattaya area here http://goo.gl/maps/PkYxU If we're lucky, you should be able to move the teardrop with the A in it to anywhere you want in Pattaya or on the other side of Highway 3 (Sukhimvit). This should give you an estimate of driving time on the left side of the screen. Try moving the teardrop to somewhere on the right side (east) of Hiway 3 to see your best times. If you zoom in, you should see some housing estates that might be a good place to look. Living anywhere in Pattaya itself away from Hiway 3 will add 20 minutes to your driving time...the traffic in Pattaya is horrendous. 50+ minutes each way every day...if you're lucky. jacko's suggesting about being near Hiway 36 in the northern part of Pattaya is very good...driving times are in the 30+ minute range, and you're still close enough to Pattaya to go out when you have time. By the way, the location of the teardrop "A" is not optimal...I just wanted to give a place to start out on the west side of Hiway 3 as an example.

thanks alot... i will check

thanks alot... i will check

Let me know if that works or not...I am not sure the endpoints will carry over to your view of the link.

Let me know if that works or not...I am not sure the endpoints will carry over to your view of the link.

are there houses near laem chabang country club? It looks like its the closest place to my work. Google map advices me to use 331

are there houses near laem chabang country club? It looks like its the closest place to my work. Google map advices me to use 331

Looks to me to be the big industrial estate area called Bo Win. You can use Google Maps to get a view of the area, I see it also referred to as Eastern Seaboard Industrial area. I have been sat at the traffic lights there for many a long time, a lot of heavy industrial traffic turning as I go straight on to head towards Issarn.

I see a housing development between the Country Club and Burapha Golf Club, and you have the option of going a little further NE on Rt 331 where there are more resorts and Golf Courses. Beware of evaluating from Google Map images, they are taken early morning I believe and do not reflect the actual traffic you may encounter. For example Rt 331 back to Laem Chabang becomes #7 at the motorway interchange and is an awful road...busy and undulating.

Some of our regular golfers may know more of the area.

Hi, i m 32 , female and i will move to thailand at the end of april 2014.... with 2 years contract. The company i 'll work is in pluak daeng and it looks like pattaya is the nicest place to live over there. The company will give me a car and cover my house rent , gasoline etc. The main issue is safety for me. Which areas are quiet and safe?

I don't know anything about Pluak Daeng, so I can't give you any specific advice about the area. But what I learned in 25 years as an expat, working and living in 10 different countries on three continents, is that it's usually best to live as close to your place of work as possible so as to minimize the time it takes to commute. If you aren't going to be spending a lot of time in bars, you can probably find a house or condo that holds a standard equal to that available in Pattaya but doesn't involve a 30-minute-plus drive in heavy traffic getting to/from the office.

My suggestion would be to ask a member of the staff of the company where you'll be working to book a hotel close to the office, then when you arrive, ask the local staff members of your company about long-term housing. Don't commit to any long-term rental until you've actually seen the place.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2

There is nothing of interest in Pluak Daang. You might find a house for rent, but if you can't speak Thai, you will have one helluva time getting things done.

In Banchang there are enough things to get by on, a Tesco Lotus, and enough expats that the locals can speak some English.

Pluak Daang is filled with mostly assembly line workers. There are some places available for rent that are attached to golf courses near Pluak Daang, but they are not very good value for money IMHO. That's where the CEOs & Plant Managers live.

Edited by LocalYokul
  • Upvote 1

Another option is the beach town of Bahng Saan, directly West of Pluak Daang. It's quiet and there's a Central just up the road. To the South of Bahng Saan is also Sriracha.

Edited by LocalYokul

Found a website from http://www.ddproperty.com which gives the following listings for Pluak Daeng:

http://tinyurl.com/qdydx34

As mentioned I'd think living in that area you'll be needing Thai lessons - STAT! And from Google maps it looks like close to a one hour drive from any of the coastal areas.

-redwood

Found a website from http://www.ddproperty.com which gives the following listings for Pluak Daeng: http://tinyurl.com/qdydx34 As mentioned I'd think living in that area you'll be needing Thai lessons - STAT! And from Google maps it looks like close to a one hour drive from any of the coastal areas. -redwood

thanks... company wil pay thai course ( 60 hours) i hope i can learn . The language looks very difficult

Looks to me to be the big industrial estate area called Bo Win. You can use Google Maps to get a view of the area, I see it also referred to as Eastern Seaboard Industrial area. I have been sat at the traffic lights there for many a long time, a lot of heavy industrial traffic turning as I go straight on to head towards Issarn. I see a housing development between the Country Club and Burapha Golf Club, and you have the option of going a little further NE on Rt 331 where there are more resorts and Golf Courses. Beware of evaluating from Google Map images, they are taken early morning I believe and do not reflect the actual traffic you may encounter. For example Rt 331 back to Laem Chabang becomes #7 at the motorway interchange and is an awful road...busy and undulating.Some of our regular golfers may know more of the area.

i m not so experienced at driving... thats why i need a place away from traffic :)

i m not so experienced at driving... thats why i need a place away from traffic :)

You will want to steer clear of going too deep into Pattaya then. For a novice driver, that's a nightmare.

Another option is the beach town of Bahng Saan, directly West of Pluak Daang. It's quiet and there's a Central just up the road. To the South of Bahng Saan is also Sriracha.

It is a bit difficult getting through Chonburi and onto a main highway from the 'beach areas' of Chonburi city area isn't it?

I always seem to get tangled up in a market area.

You might consider hiring a car and driver to take you to work. This could be a inexpensive way to go.