Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I make no pretence at being in the same league as Evil and MM when it comes to restaurant reviews but I thought I might share this one.

I was meandering down Soi LK and bumped into Aussie Chic and Bad Boy and they told me they were off to the 49 baht rib place. Seems that they knew and recommended the place but as I have no real knowledge of ribs it sort of flew over my head. Then another acquaintance told me of a good place to eat in Sai Buakhao called Pattinis and so I thought I would try that. The Pattini meal was I am sad to say average but looking over the road there was the 49 Baht Rib place so today I made a visit.

I have to point out that I am usually a one meal a day person but there are times when I want a snack sized filler and seems to me that 49 baht ribs could be it. The place is an outdoor eaterie and is on the corner of Soi Buakhao and the street where Dream Teen massage is almost across the road.

True to name it does indeed feature a 49 baht rib meal and a variety of steaks and up-graded rib meals as well as 39 baht starters such as skins. The street view is great and I see some super ladies awaking from their slumbers and heading out for their night jobs.

The meal was great in that the meat fell off the bones and the fries and salad that come as part of the deal was also tasty. I asked for the red hot barbecue sauce and was not disappointed with this either. There was a large basket of sauces and condiments so the whole thing yelled value for money as well as attention to detail.

OK, neither flash or gourmet but I have to add this place to the Pattaya experience and give it a tick.

• Upvote 4

I wrote a report of my first visit there which was quite impressive, went there with soi7 in November. The ribs were fantastic and a great value for the money. Larry was there once more and said it was good. Then we went back about a month ago with company and the ribs were absolute crap - mine was dry and chewy with hardly any meat on, the two others complained about being chewy as well as fatty and greasy even though they looked great in comparison to mine. So, I guess it's a hit or miss depending on the quality of they ribs they can get a hold of...

Well, that is just a hair misleading. 3 ribs is 49 baht. If you want a "normal" meal, you order the 3x3 ribs which is 139 or something . It is true that they give you the fries and salad with 3 ribs as well but if you're hungry that is hardly enough. The second time I ordered the 2x 5 ribs, now those were pathetic. Here's a pic of my first meal, the 3x3, which was awesome.

_DSC8727_small.jpg

• Upvote 1

I had a couple of visits there recently and can strongly recommend the place. Both times I had the three rib platter and then a chicken skewer platter.The chicken came with a portion of rice one time,and with chips on the other occasion. A bottle of water was 15 baht,so each time the bill was 113 b and I left satisfied. Hardly fine dining,but great value.

Billions, on 14 Mar 2014 - 3:31 PM, said:

I had a couple of visits there recently and can strongly recommend the place. Both times I had the three rib platter and then a chicken skewer platter.The chicken came with a portion of rice one time,and with chips on the other occasion. A bottle of water was 15 baht,so each time the bill was 113 b and I left satisfied. Hardly fine dining,but great value.

Do they seriously call it a Platter?

Those three tiny little ribs must look a bit of a sorry sight on a Platter. Even with half a dozen chips and a lettuce leaf for company!

They do look tasty though and reasonably priced.

enjoyed all ours meals, here are some photos

P1030615 (800x600).jpg

P1030616 (800x600).jpg

P1030617 (800x600).jpg

P1030618 (800x600).jpg

P1030619 (800x600).jpg

P1030620 (800x600).jpg

• Upvote 1

I wrote a report of my first visit there which was quite impressive, went there with soi7 in November. The ribs were fantastic and a great value for the money. Larry was there once more and said it was good. Then we went back about a month ago with company and the ribs were absolute crap - mine was dry and chewy with hardly any meat on, the two others complained about being chewy as well as fatty and greasy even though they looked great in comparison to mine. So, I guess it's a hit or miss depending on the quality of they ribs they can get a hold of...

Thankyou we went there because of your first report

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Went there just about every night on my way home usually after 1 A few times they were out of ribs so had the chicken which was also good.Back in Nov.for 3 months.Perfect snack place for me