Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Gentlemen.

We are Wok N Rok. A Western standard Chinese restaurant. Located on Soi Buakhao, near the Chabba Hut Resort.

Wok N Rok is a bar, restaurant and take away. You can sit in and eat. Or you can order and we will deliver to your Home or Business.

We also cater, do party food for your bar or Business.

Our menu is extensive, includes most of the UK'S favourite Chinese dishes. We pride ourself in offering quality Chinese food.

The Chef and Boss at Wok N Rok is a Thai Lady who has gained Her skill, experience and knowledge, cooking in UK Chinese restaurants. So be assured, this is the real deal.

Please checkout our Facebook page and reviews on places such as the Breakfast club of Pattaya.

There is a menu attached and some pictures of our dishes, and takeaway's going out to customers.

We are open from 12pm-12am for food and 2am+ for the bar.

The Fish and Chips from our Western part of the menu.

post-53443-0-37234400-1394876623_thumb.jpg

Roast Pork Szechuan

post-53443-0-78611200-1394876652_thumb.jpg

Beef Curry Take-Away

post-53443-0-59300700-1394876686_thumb.jpg

Spare Ribs in Peking Sauce

post-53443-0-67182800-1394876717_thumb.jpg

Egg Fu Yung

post-53443-0-74610300-1394876752_thumb.jpg

Chicken Satay

post-53443-0-18797000-1394876841_thumb.jpg

Sweet and Sour Chicken

post-53443-0-76279400-1394876870_thumb.jpg

Chicken Curry

post-53443-0-66883000-1394876895_thumb.jpg

Fish and Chips

post-53443-0-01198400-1394876965_thumb.jpg

Spring Rolls

post-53443-0-06156600-1394877119_thumb.jpg

Kung Pao Chicken

post-53443-0-28720200-1394877142_thumb.jpg

Special Fried Rice

post-53443-0-67266700-1394877174_thumb.jpg

Special Mixed Meat Curry

post-53443-0-30345600-1394877226_thumb.jpg

Chicken Noodle Soup

post-53443-0-52911200-1394877291_thumb.jpg

Beef in Black Bean Sauce.

post-53443-0-34486000-1394877443_thumb.jpg

post-53443-0-35361700-1394877470_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having spent a fair amount of time in China I sussed out that the British version of Chinese food is pretty piss poor and I would not go to Thailand to eat British Chinese food when you can get excell

I believe Odense was trying to point out the fact that curry is as English as pizza is American. Am I wrong?   (more is an answer to your post I think the so called New York or Chicago pizza is crap

Yes, thanks to keen photographers as my camera isn't up to much.   The new Wok N Rok still to put pictures up but this is it.  

Posted Images

Why "Western Chinese"? Before you think I'm having a go at you please understand why I'm posting this. When it comes to cooking I always prefer the word "authentic" over something adjusted to a certain clientele. In your case I understand it is British but that is hardly a selling point to me. So, what do you offer to the non-British, non-Chinese? Please don't get me wrong. I just try to understand the British-Chinese connection.

Why "Western Chinese"? Before you think I'm having a go at you please understand why I'm posting this. When it comes to cooking I always prefer the word "authentic" over something adjusted to a certain clientele. In your case I understand it is British but that is hardly a selling point to me. So, what do you offer to the non-British, non-Chinese? Please don't get me wrong. I just try to understand the British-Chinese connection.

Hi, it's quite simple. Wok N Rok is a UK Chinese bar restaurant. We offer UK Standard Chinese food.

We have customers of all Nationalities who come back time after time. Americans, Brits, Irish, Australians, even Thais, to name but a few.

It seems that Britons (and also other nationalities) think about their curries (and other Asian dishes) like the Americans think about their pizzas - those pesky originals (Chinese / Indian / Pakistani or Italian) does just not measure up :bhappy

I have eaten there a few times already and love it, good food, good service and good price.

• Upvote 1

It seems that Britons (and also other nationalities) think about their curries (and other Asian dishes) like the Americans think about their pizzas - those pesky originals (Chinese / Indian / Pakistani or Italian) does just not measure up :bhappy

Well, in the west and southwest USA we don't think about pizza so much as Mexican food...even going so far as to name a cuisine "Tex-Mex".

I prefer genuine Mexican food off a truck in Tijuana or a restaurant in Guadalajara myself.

All nations do it to some extent.

Now, back to the Wok N Roc.

• Upvote 1

I have eaten there a few times already and love it, good food, good service and good price.

Agreed.

I had the daily special on two visits....chicken curry,drink and rice or chips for just less than 200 b. Good service,good value,tasty food. On one visit I elected for chips instead of rice,a mistake as the fries were the blandest I've ever eaten. If that could be sorted then no complaints whatsoever.

...even going so far as to name a cuisine "Tex-Mex".

I prefer genuine Mexican food off a truck in Tijuana or a restaurant in Guadalajara myself.

I only commented on this because the question was raised why they emphasized that it was "British-Chinese" cuisine - and you are right Martin - the quick answer would have been "Tex-Mex" :llaugh
Not having too much experience I will admit I liked the Tex-Mex meals I had in Corpus Christi better than the real Mexican meals I had in Coatzacoalcos - but that could very well be coincidental.
When the cuisine is called "Tex-Mex" it is IMHO not the same as if the Texan restaurants had just called it "Mexican"
But back to Wok N Rok which seems to get very favorable customer feedback.
Edited by Odense

I disagree. Having been to Italy and eaten pizza there, it is way much better than Americanized pizza.

• Upvote 1

I disagree. Having been to Italy and eaten pizza there, it is way much better than Americanized pizza.

I believe Odense was trying to point out the fact that curry is as English as pizza is American. Am I wrong?

(more is an answer to your post I think the so called New York or Chicago pizza is crap. I hate "American" pizza)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Naturally - broad generalizations are very rarely true for all the individuals - but I think it is true as a generalization ;-)

• Upvote 1

Actually I find "authentic" Chinese " peasant cuisine" to be quite disgusting, and can't say I was over enamoured with genuine Mexican food either ( but that is probably tainted by being served up what was literally a couple of chicken wings floating around in a bowl of greasy water !); but I do really like tex-mex, and would venture that most Brits think of Tex-Mex as Mexican food, including supposed "Mexican" restaurants.

I think the OP needs to get Patna in to re-photograph some of those dishes!

Edited by Fatboyfat
  • Upvote 1

Considering the location I think this is reasonable.

And the style would also suit US palates too.

His cook learned to make UK-style Chinese food, in the UK, so it is an honest claim.

So many variations of 'Chinese Food' within China! Some authentic items I can pass on!

Chinese and Indian immigrant chefs, found that the Brits didn't like a lot of their food. So they adapted it. It would be crazy to sell authentic chicken feet etc, when there isn't a market for it.

Having said that, Chinese people still eat "western" chinese food. One of them told me though, that she hated how our food wasn't fresh. ie, the chicken wasn't alive when you bought it!!!!

Agreed.

I had the daily special on two visits....chicken curry,drink and rice or chips for just less than 200 b. Good service,good value,tasty food. On one visit I elected for chips instead of rice,a mistake as the fries were the blandest I've ever eaten. If that could be sorted then no complaints whatsoever.

The chips or 'fries' as you refer to them have been changed recently. We now use a very nice 12mm steak cut imported chip.

Thanks for all your replies.

We are what it says on the tin. A UK standard Chinese restaurant. We are not an 'authentic' Chinese restaurant.

Having lived in China I found most of the Chinese food unpalatable.

The style of Chinese meals we serve is enjoyed by most Nationalities that come into Wok N Rok. Thais love the Curries and Szechuan sauce dishes.

There is NOTHING cooked at Wok N Rok out of a packet. Every sauce is the Chefs own closely guarded secret recipes. They Mirror, are exact to what you get in a good UK Chinese restaurant.

To give you an insight into a Chinese curry sauce. In the UK, Chinese restaurants buy in a ready made 'paste' then finish it by adding other ingredients to stamp their taste on it.

Our curry sauce alone has 14 ingredients and is a four stage process to make it, from start to finish. She makes her own pastes, that mimics what you get in the UK. And this recipe is available NOWHERE.

Without doubt this was the hardest challenge she faced. And thanks to the Chinese Chefs and her where she worked in the UK, between them they came up with this curry recipe.

It took six weeks of constant trial and error before they achieved a taste match with this curry sauce as they had never done this before.

When you order a Wok N Rok curry you are eating a unique sauce. Available nowhere else we are aware of.

The meats are tenderized using her own Chinese marinades. We use Thai beef. Come along and try a beef dish. The beef just melts in your mouth.

We take the quality and standard of the meals at Wok N Rok seriously.

If you like Western Chinese, please come in and try what we do.

Edited by WokNRok
  • Upvote 1

I can personally attest to the unbelievable quality and taste of the food from Ouy's cooking.

Ive never tasted English style Chinese per say, being from Australia, but I have been lucky enough to try the Rock and Wok food prior to the Rok and Wok even opening in Pattaya.

Yes Im lucky enough to know the Chef and her Scottish husband personally.

And nicer people would be hard to find ,in a month of Sundays.

This is a full on family business, that goes the extra mile for there customers , Im sure any ex Silkomville visitors from past trips will know exactly what Im talking about.

Anyone wanting quality Fresh food at great value give these guys a try, Im sure No One will be disappointed

Enjoy the Awesome food

Bruiser

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gentlemen

Planned future changes at Wok NRok.

Coming very soon. The opening hours for food are going to be extended.

New menus and separate Thai menus included.

Our Western part of the menu to be improved. Additional Western meals and offered as a separate choice.

Open 24 hours.

Drink deals.

I did drop in but this weeks special is Chicken Curry and its not something I enjoy. Why not consider having say chicken, beef and vegetarian as the weekly special. I am sure that the meals are fine but the difference between the special price and the menu price is a bit off-putting.

I can personally attest to the unbelievable quality and taste of the food from Ouy's cooking.

Ive never tasted English style Chinese per say, being from Australia, but I have been lucky enough to try the Rock and Wok food prior to the Rok and Wok even opening in Pattaya.

Yes Im lucky enough to know the Chef and her Scottish husband personally.

And nicer people would be hard to find ,in a month of Sundays.

This is a full on family business, that goes the extra mile for there customers , Im sure any ex Silkomville visitors from past trips will know exactly what Im talking about.

Anyone wanting quality Fresh food at great value give these guys a try, Im sure No One will be disappointed

Enjoy the Awesome food

Bruiser

Spot on Bruiser, I tried to give a positive vote but hit the red one in error.. Poxy iPad..

I did drop in but this weeks special is Chicken Curry and its not something I enjoy. Why not consider having say chicken, beef and vegetarian as the weekly special. I am sure that the meals are fine but the difference between the special price and the menu price is a bit off-putting.

We do change the special. Some weeks chicken, some beef.

Beef is more expensive than chicken and we are working on a narrow profit margin as it is. But to offer the choice you suggested might not be a bad idea.