Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Balcony cover to block the sun

The condo I have rented bascially is facing the sun during the day, so I cannot really use the balcony during the day.

Does anyone know where one can buy those covers or sun block items to keep the sun out? I have seen them around Pattaya at different condos.

Thanks.

Are you renting the place long term?

First check with the building management, some do not allow you to fit items like this as the strong wind can rip them free and suddenly you have a deadly projectile.

I have fitted bamboo roller blinds (also another type where the blind has a concertina effect to retract it), which keep the sun off my window in the morning and terrace in the afternoon. I bought them from a place on Sawang Fah, on the left just before you reach Naklua Rd. If you turn left there, at NumChai heading towards Dolphin, about 200m just after the RED booze shop, there is a curtain store that also sells various blinds.

Here Google Maps.

Are you renting the place long term?

First check with the building management, some do not allow you to fit items like this as the strong wind can rip them free and suddenly you have a deadly projectile.

I have fitted bamboo roller blinds (also another type where the blind has a concertina effect to retract it), which keep the sun off my window in the morning and terrace in the afternoon. I bought them from a place on Sawang Fah, on the left just before you reach Naklua Rd. If you turn left there, at NumChai heading towards Dolphin, about 200m just after the RED booze shop, there is a curtain store that also sells various blinds.

Here Google Maps.

Jacko,

Thanks, will speak to building management and have a look if allowed. I think they are as some others have some type of them.

Renting for 1 year.

Edited by davebuczek

Jacko,

Thanks, will speak to building management and have a look if allowed. I think they are as some others have some type of them.

Renting for 1 year.

Curtains with reflective linings might be worth considering if you're only renting. At least there's a decent chance you'll be able to use them again if and when you move.

Edited by CheshireTom