Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The courts voided the election so the bars can stay open? I just came from Baccara and Happy and they're doing good business tonight.

Edited by RhinoTusk

They voided the February parliamentary elections. Today and next week end are Senate. Not voided yet.

But as the Pattaya music festival is happening now the authorities have made a bit of an, eh, deal, I guess.

Supermarkets are pretty strict about not selling Alcohol.

Yes, Soi Cowboy was dead last night, but NEP was open with loads of customers!

Rainbow 2 and 4, Lollipop and Angelwitch were filled to the rim, Rainbow 4 had customers waiting in a long line outside to get a seat!

Plahgat

Rainbow 2 and 4, Lollipop and Angelwitch were filled to the rim, Rainbow 4 had customers waiting in a long line outside to get a seat!

Plahgat

Different police districts I believe.

Made in Thailand bar complex was all closed that night. Next week is another set of elections and TG says they plan to close again. Every other bar complex seemed open though.

29 March: Just been down Walking Street All GoGos seem to be closed and blacked out.

On the bright side, no change to Chinese tour groups. Currently considering joining one.

• Upvote 1

Plahgat

So punters are now queuing to get in a gogo bar , fuck me what next.....!!!

29 March: Just been down Walking Street All GoGos seem to be closed and blacked out.

On the bright side, no change to Chinese tour groups. Currently considering joining one.

Did you take a look down soi 15?

Did you take a look down soi 15?

No - unfortunately my Chinese tour group didn't go that way.

Anyone know if Nana or Cowboy are open tonight (30 March)

Anyone know if Nana or Cowboy are open tonight (30 March)

I'll answer that question for you Dr. Pat!

All of the Nana bars and GoGos were open last night as normal. The only change was that some venues were (very cunningly) serving bottled beer in paper coffee cups (e.g. Spanky's at 155 a cup). I'm convinced that the judiciary would never see through that ruse!

However, just a few steps away, Chili GoGo was serving beer in the traditional bottles at 95.

Bloody ludicrous, a laughable prohibition that is not even uniformly enforced. Yesterday afternoon Soi 6 was half-closed with drinks being served only inside, with shutters down, in some bars, while others remained fully open and only made a concession by having no music. The mamasan in the bar I was in had a police visit because her shutters were up, was threatened with a 20,000 Baht fine if they didn't come down at once. The bar opposite was busy with farang and girls sitting outside and drinking. Go figure.

How the hell anybody thinks that curtailing the sales prospects of bars and agogos in a tourist town such as Patts, where tourist numbers are already seriously down this year, is a good idea, escapes me.

It serves no purpose except that of power and control over people, and fortunately it is met with the circumvention and derision it deserves.

How can the Thais possibly respect authorities that impose this kind of farce?

• Upvote 2