Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 264 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Looking at the prices of condos - it seems that the new developments (to be ready to move in late this year or next year) are cheaper than the (newer) existing ones.

I know that in reality this is not the case - but I was wondering if there were trustworthy rules of thumbs about how much extra the price would be and for which items ?

I would also like to hear the members experiences with the various developers - I am sure some are much better than others and there must be plenty to avoid ?

From what I have read in the past developers "say" there is a 25% knock down on the price, but that seems to be for developments that have not started.

Looking into todays market, I would wait in buying a condo and especially from a development that is almost complete.

There is a oversupply of units available, weakening baht (against $,£,€) plus also the Russian rouble is getting weaker, which might make buying a condo in Thailand less appealing to Russians. And another thing to remember when buying a condo before it is built the Russian market tend to buy it through the developers payment plan. I can see a lot of resale coming up in the future which might mean cheaper prices. hence what you are seeing now with the cheaper price a few months off completion. they normal sell there discounted units before the development is built.

I wouldn't buy just off paper, I'd want to see it during construction.

I looked at what seemed a very nice building towards the far end of BR Jomtien, great seaviews, strange design, not maximising the views. When I saw the quality of the actual construction, I baled out. Too flimsy, too much poor craftmenship.

It appears Thai don't like older buildings, want brand new. I think buildings a few years old may be able to show if there are any flaws, and also guarantee that they actually get finished!

Interesting thoughts - and somewhat similar to mine - I would not mind an older building - I even quite like the Nirun - but there I would need a "double unit" to be big enough

Many people are weary of the new mega-condos because of the tendency that many Thais dont pay their fees. This would mean that the common areas would decay rather fast. So maybe a smaller building is more advisable. A good piece of advice would be to visit older projects of the same developer and see how they look like now. For instance, the Nova group is good at advertizing and promising a lot. Not too many people would support their claims.

I wouldn't consider any condo that is not finished. If I can't put the key in the lock and walk in to see that everything works, forget it. I don't trust any of the developers. It has to be able to be in my name. I want to know the monthly maintenance fees and want to know how healthy the fund is. I also want make sure the electric bill comes from the electric company with no add on from the condo management. The maintenance fee is 10 baht per square meter per month. Mine is 600 baht per month. Security is great, swimming pools are pristine and the grounds are very well kept. The last time I went to a yearly meeting, each owner each got 2,000 baht because the the fund was too fat. I give the office girls money to pay my electric and water bills. They treat me great.

• Upvote 1