Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hello everybody!

Is it possible to get from Bangkok to Pattaya after 23:00?

I'm going to the concert at Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre and need to be in Pattaya by morning. What are the options?

Thank you in advance

Speaking for myself, many flights from North America arrive at 2300 or so, and after exiting customs, it's not unusual for it to be 2330 or 2400. There are always taxis available to take you for about 1500 baht.

You should be able to arrange for a taxi from the city of Bangkok to Pattaya fairly easily. I'd do it in advance, though, since flagging one down on the street in the city probably won't be successful at finding a driver to take you.

Do you mean Bangkok or the airport?

Bangkok you would need to arrange a taxi. Like MM said, this is best done ahead of time. Search for Mr. T taxi here, he, well actually his company, has a good reputation.

If from the airport, at that time it is fastest to also get a taxi, not really need to prearrange but for the best price it is also helpful. There is also a bus service. It does leave in the morning though (0700 maybe) and not at midnight.( https://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx)

There is a 5am bus from Ekamai bus station if you want to do it on the cheap. This bus station is over the road from Ekamai BTS station but I doubt the BTS will be running then so you are still looking at a 200 baht taxi along Sukhumvit road...and then there is a 200 baht taxi in Pattaya.. Less problems if you simply book an early morning taxi and your hotel can probably arrange that.

Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekamai) To Pattaya Bus Terminal

Ekamai — Bangna-Trad Rd. (Toll way) –Pattaya

Departure Times Bus Fare (Thai Baht) Contact No.
  • Buses leave every 30 to 40 minutes from Ekamai
  • The first bus leaves at 05:00
  • The last bus leaves at 23:00
124 BHT 02-712-3928

Mr. T has no problem to and from Bangkok downtown to /from Pattaya at the same price as from the airport. Late at night the traffic is even easier.

I was in Bangkok once and on the piss and wanted to continue drinking but all the usual spots had closed down at 1am so I checked out of the hotel and hailed a Taxi on the street. 1500 fare was agreed. This was about ten years ago. The Taxi took me to the outskirts of Bangkok and then I transferred to another taxi which took me to Patts.

There's probably a mini bus service running at night to service the workers but I doubt you'll find details on here. Try and find a backpackers forum or a blog or something like that. Let us know if you find anything. Be lucky .

I was in Bangkok once and on the piss and wanted to continue drinking but all the usual spots had closed down at 1am so I checked out of the hotel and hailed a Taxi on the street. 1500 fare was agreed. This was about ten years ago. The Taxi took me to the outskirts of Bangkok and then I transferred to another taxi which took me to Patts.

Now I should think you would do better taking a taxi to Suvarnabhumi.
nkped, on 25 Mar 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

Now I should think you would do better taking a taxi to Suvarnabhumi.

Certainly a good option but not necessarily better. It amounts to the same thing.