Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Etihad customer service

I've just had a pleasant transaction with Etihad customer service. My brother has decided to get married right in the middle of my next trip (very inconsiderate of him

OK, it cost me £235, but there were no arguments at all, just "what do you need" and "this is what I can do for you". A world apart from the last time I contacted an airline's customer service (BA).

It's easy to see why some airlines thrive and some go downhill.

Well £235 pound for the change is hardly small change is it?

I bet that was a fair percentage of the original cost of the ticket.

Glad to hear of your positive experience though as I am still mostly flying Etihad and will next month.

I think it was Qatar last time where I was obliged to reschedule and there was no way you could do it on-line...and so calling customer service was the only option. I was peeved that there was a supplementary charge just for getting customer service to do this on top of the rescheduling fee. There was no alternative, they made YOU pay for there being no alternative, and making the payment was onerous. I nearly jumped on the train to Manchester to razz up their office.

Generally not easy (or not cheap) to change outward flights too.

I often wonder if non-UK airlines are obliged to add on extra for flying you up North, I heard a rumour of that once as the UK complained that they took business away from the Heathrow shuttle service.

I have to say I am also impressed with Etihad customer service. They seem to listen and go out of their way to sort out any problems. I also started a thread a while back about my expericence with them.

£235 must be the best part of 30-40% of the original flight cost anyway, so not exactly cheap to change. Did you book your original flight through Etihad or through a different source?

The reason I ask is, back in October I booked to fly Emirates to Clark (last year),but needed to change my departure date by 7 days after I booked. As I booked though ebookers, I made my call to them to change, and had the flight changed for £75. If I had called Emirates direct to change my flight, that would of been £150 instead! Sometimes it pays to ring other numbers(presuming you didn't book direct with the airline).

Edited by firth1974
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to fill in the details, I booked initially directly with Etihad, it was a U class ticket which, if I remember correctly, should have cost £160 each way to change. I changed both dates and one destination (to a more expensive one that added a leg) for £235, simply and with no hassle at all.

It was the first time that I've had to change tickets, so I've got nothing to compare it with, I thought I got off lightly and was impressed by their service, so I posted it here.

I use Etihad for my flights to Thailand ,and I am now a gold member on their loyalty program .It's far the best airline I have ever

travelled on . On a return trip home to Manchester I fell ill on the flight home ,the airline staff looked after me like a king , I cannot

fault this airline , and I have used many airlines . Steve

Edited by surry
  • Upvote 1