Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 226 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Can you tell us a bit more about the shoot itself? Like where and how? Were you commissioned to do it or is it one of those that you can just shoot away on your own?

The 34th Bangkok International Auto Show at Impact Challenger until Sunday, April 6th. Admission is 100 baht.

Thanks, mate. Never been on any of these, hence my question.

That's classy, when your shorts have pockets that hang out the bottom, LMAO

post-4715-0-61306800-1396608936.jpg

• 1 year later...

That's classy, when your shorts have pockets that hang out the bottom, LMAO

post-4715-0-61306800-1396608936.jpg

I thought exactly the same thing as you,

Which worries me terribly!

I often tease the Mrs on this as she makes some of her own clothes and has this effect, perhaps it is a fashion thing.

I love looking at pics of these model types!

Different strokes for different folks. I prefer petite little brown skin, all natural Thai girls. I don't like nose jobs, plastic tits, contact lenses or push up bras. If I liked tall very white skinned women, I'd stay in a western country. The people who recruit these girls are shaming Thailand's normal women.

• Upvote 1

Different strokes for different folks. I prefer petite little brown skin, all natural Thai girls. I don't like nose jobs, plastic tits, contact lenses or push up bras. If I liked tall very white skinned women, I'd stay in a western country. The people who recruit these girls are shaming Thailand's normal women.

I agree.

The bikes look great!

While the girls are beauties, they look fake.

Im sure if I saw them dancing at Insomnia I would take an interest, but in this setting, yawn.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To be honest I'm preferring the matt black paint job on the last bike (not sure which model, possibly a sportster, my Harley knowledge is limited at best, I'm very much a Norton man) much more than the pseudo custom job on the "Roadglide special" earlier on. Metalflake just doesn't look good on big tourers IMO looks like an explosion in a glitter party.

Girls are alright, although the one in the first and her subsequent pics looks a bit "manly".

Here are a few more pics

DSC_3206.jpg

DSC_2979.jpg

DSC_2957.jpg

DSC_3207.jpg

DSC_2976.jpg

DSC_2967.jpg

DSC_9415.jpg

DSC_3205.jpg

DSC_2959.jpg

And my favorite Harley-Davidson model, not the Electra Glide but the Yaowaret Fah

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_9409.jpg

DSC_9417.jpg

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • Upvote 2

My view of the Harleys. No doubt they have improved the quality a lot as compared to the 60's and 70's but they are way overpriced compared to the Japanese bikes.During the late 60's I would ride with mostly Harley riders. They poked fun at the what they called rice burners and would rather not have them in the group. I didn't ride a Harley or a rice burner. I had a BMW. My ugly BMW could go all day on a tank of fuel. I will admit that it did have a huge tank. The Harley riders with their choppers and very small fuel tanks had to stop often. They needed to inspect the Harleys to see what parts were loose or had fallen off and often to add oil. Some of them would ask me to swap bikes until the next fuel stop or at least until they regained feeling in their numb hands.

Having a Harley was a status symbol, kind of like the Apple fan boys and their over priced Apple products. And no, I have never owned a Harley or an iPhone. LOL! In the early 70's a friend of mine, John Shumacher started building Harleys for the drag strip. He was the first guy I knew of who had a CNC milling machine. He made connecting rods out of forged steel blanks. The original crankshaft was replaced with a cut off portion of a Chevy crankshaft. I think the only original piece of the engine was the block. The rear racing slick was wide enough that the bike could stand up without a kick stand. Another friend of mine, Roger Paisly, bought a big new Kawasaki. Roger was pretty clever but left that Kawasaki pretty much stock except for a nitrous oxide injector. He challenged John to a drag race. John laughed at Roger and told him that he wouldn't race for nothing. There needed to be a substantial bet involved. The big day came and the Kawasaki easily won. I don't think paying the bet hurt John as much as the shame and loss of face. As a side note, John is still in business. Shumacher racing components in Van Wert, Ohio.

Edited by Gary
  • Upvote 1

Sure they're overpriced, maybe not so much when you consider the resale value. BMW and Kawasaki make great bikes, it isn't rocket science and Harley-Davidson quality took a big hit when owned by AMF in the 1970's. But like Apple, it's an iconic brand with a loyal and dedicated following. Just marketing of course, and not even by the company, mostly because of a low budget, wildly successful Hollywood movie made in 1969. But hey, they've been around for over a century and are the survivors in the USA. I'm biased because we have the same hometown.

Harley-Davidson refused to provide free bikes for the movie "Easy Rider", thinking the movie would be bad for their image. The 1962 1200cc Electra Glide, ridden by Peter Fonda, was previously used by the LAPD and purchased at auction and customized. Dennis Hopper was a less accomplished rider than Fonda and rode a less custom 1950-era bike which was also purchased at auction.

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • Upvote 1