Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Are there any Japanese here? Question to them.

What would you advise for a truly Japanese restaurant?

Concept of Japanese food among foreigners differs from native Japanese. I heard a lot of tourists praised super cheap Thai sushi at Night Market.

Are there any Japanese here? Question to them.

Concept of Japanese food among foreigners differs from native Japanese. I heard a lot of tourists praised super cheap Thai sushi at Night Market.

I just tried a place recently near Tuk.Com, called Osaka. I was walking along, feeling hungry, and noticed this small place with what looked like only Japanese customers, not a westerner in the place.

The owner is Japanese, seems like a nice guy.

I am contrasting this to the Japanese chains like Fuji that cater to westerners in the malls.

Osaka is a small operation, single shop house.

2014-03-30 19.47.36.jpg

2014-03-31 06.57.13.jpg

2014-03-30 19.17.29.jpg

Come to Japan.

When eating Japanese food abroad the most significant difference for me is the freshness and flavor of sushi/sashimi.

It may be the storage process.

I don't like to overpay :), but in Hawaii and the San Francisco Bay Area, I regularly eat in a lot of Japanese restaurants, sushi bistors, etc... In Pattaya, if I only want Japanese foods, I like the "Japanese Restaurant" on Pattaya Klang next to the sports stadium. Otherwise, I regularly eat at Oishi Buffet in The Aveneue mall which has Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc.... Depending on what part of Japan, you're going to get different 'real' Japanese foods, but I understand what you mean as not being Westernized or overly Thai influenced.

Thanks MM, I'm going to try that place, "Osaka."

Edited by losgrad

Thanks MM, I'm going to try that place, "Osaka."

FYI, it's on the eastern side soi of Tuk.com (the one that vehicles enter to go around TUK.COM) just about across from the side entrance.