Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Doing my own visa run

Thanks for giving a nice journey story and alternative to the minivan border runs.

I've not had to do border runs so I'm not that familiar with the border crossings...never heard of Ban Pakkad before.

Damn, I hate that they use a whole page in the passport.

I remember years ago doing a border run with just me and a friend. We took off in his truck and programmed the gps for Aranya Prathet / Poi Pet border crossing. Was the fastest and most enjoyable visa run i had ever done. I don't do them anymore but if i did have to for some reason i would definitely drive myself.

Great photos again, thanks. Do Cambodian immigration give u a visa insert that takes up,a full page or just use rubber stamps?

Great photos again, thanks. Do Cambodian immigration give u a visa insert that takes up,a full page or just use rubber stamps?

Take a look at the picture above... it takes a whole page and gets stuck in your passport.

This page on the left was my combodian visa and the page on the right has two stamps for my entry and exit in and out of cambodia.

post-42825-0-11180500-1397435541.jpg

On this page you will see the exit and re-entry stamp for Thailand

post-42825-0-23260300-1397435546.jpg

so all in all its a full page visa plus two thai stamps and two cambodian stamps.

What is the average cost of using a visa company? Also on your re-entry into holiday how many days visa do they give you?

The cost can be done for as little as 1800 baht in and old type mini bus no food nothing then going up to 2500 baht for a good seat breakfast dinner and 9 hours on the road.

if you don't have any visa and its just a stamp you will get 30 day as its just changed and it use to be 15 days

The cost can be done for as little as 1800 baht in and old type mini bus no food nothing then going up to 2500 baht for a good seat breakfast dinner and 9 hours on the road.

if you don't have any visa and its just a stamp you will get 30 day as its just changed and it use to be 15 days

If you carry a passport from a G8 member state.

Inter-Cambo on Soi Buakhao is still at 1'800 baht, they use brand new minibus, total travel is usually 6-7 hours, and price include a food and drink at a big petrol station on the way back. :-)

Except if you are 3 or 4 to share a car, it's far cheaper and faster to use this kind of visa run company.

Edited by Idefix

Inter-Cambo on Soi Buakhao is still at 1'800 baht, they use brand new minibus, total travel is usually 6-7 hours, and price include a food and drink at a big petrol station on the way back. :-)

Except if you are 3 or 4 to share a car, it's far cheaper and faster to use this kind of visa run company.

how is it far faster ?

A friend of mine used that one and they pick every one up and you can be an hour sat there just collecting people and when he used them the last time it left pattaya at 9am after collecting everyone he got back to pattaya at 4;30 and he said it was the worse visa run he has ever done.

as far as it goes i do stop off for drinks and to pay a visit to the wc but i do feel better to be behind the wheel than some crazy thai driver... :-)

Edited by lanzalad
  • Upvote 1

how is it far faster ?

A friend of mine used that one and they pick every one up and you can be an hour sat there just collecting people ...

I used to ask to get it at their office. It made the turn of near hostels before and at about 7:00 it was their last stop at their office before "running". I usually was back at 2 PM

I don't make visaruns anymore (thanks) but know people who continue to use this agency. Agree that you should not take a minibus who pickup at hotels. You can easily lost 1 hour, at start and at arrival!