Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Brooklyn Diner on Soi BuaKhao - UPDATED Jan. 12, 2015

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Brooklyn Diner serves up pizza, burgers, pasta and other familiar Western fare, plus some Thai food. It's located on Soi BuaKhao across from the entrance to Soi LK Metro.     It's not a la

A brief update. Last night I had the bacon cheeseburger with fries at 210 baht. It was very good, no complaints on my part.     Two beef patties,cheddar cheese and good-sized portion of back ba

Such a pity that you cant give an opinion without being jumped on.   My personal experience was not good, and I was not happy with the response from the owner.   I shared my opinion like so many o

Posted Images

That burger looks the business, just needs some French mustard on the bun and some grilled diced onions (messy but so much more superior to the lazy raw onion version, IMHO).

Cheese the real deal or like plastic?

Some of that Tillamook extra-aged cheddar would work for me!

http://www.tillamook.com/products/cheese.html

Looks really good but the tomato slices look awful. I would think that with the right soil treatment Thailand could grow some great tomatoes. Tomato plants like hot enviroments.

Oh, how is the iced tea there?

Why do Thais not fry bacon. They serve it almost rare. The bacon on that burger looks like it was taken right out of the fridge and put on the burger. I love bacon but I like it cooked. The best cooked bacon that I have found in Thailand is at AuBonPain.

Why do Thais not fry bacon. They serve it almost rare. The bacon on that burger looks like it was taken right out of the fridge and put on the burger. I love bacon but I like it cooked. The best cooked bacon that I have found in Thailand is at AuBonPain.

That bacon is cooked nicely, IMHO..just the way I'd like it.

This is my bacon preference at the Residence Garden where I asked them specifically not to cook it their usual way (seriously over cooked)

bacon at RG.jpg

So, it's not a Thai thing, it's a matter of taste and preference.

• Upvote 1

The bacon on the burger in the pic was most definitely cooked, but it wasn't American style "streaky" bacon. It was more the UK style of back bacon.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 3

I prefer places like the Dynasty Inn where they have "crispy bacon" listed on their menu.

Streaky bacon needs to be well cooked, back bacon less so, but all of it needs some degree of cooking.

Sometimes you get the idea the stuff has just been put into hot water and flops around like a fish on the plate.

When I stayed at the Thai Garden resort the stuff was so 'well cooked' it was all crispy and dry, very moreish though as it was salty.

Like eating pork scratchings.

Edited by jacko

That bacon is cooked nicely, IMHO..just the way I'd like it.

This is my bacon preference at the Residence Garden where I asked them specifically not to cook it their usual way (seriously over cooked)

attachicon.gifbacon at RG.jpg

So, it's not a Thai thing, it's a matter of taste and preference.

I've seen Thais deep fry bacon.

Thanks for the comments guys, both good and bad.

This is my business, and I am happy to say I believe we are doing a (mostly) good job.

The fries issue has been brought to my attention already, I thought it was taken care of, but obviously not, so I will have another chat with my chefs.

About the bacon: I will investigate into options here, maybe we can offer both options as choice. Stay tuned!

As times are tough these days, and we try to not compromise on quality of our food, it is difficult to maintain the best available prices. For example, I was not happy with the quality of the ham we were using for Pizzas, so we changed the supplier, and found a much better and tastier one, unfortunately for 50% more cost ...

For board members here I have a very special offer:

The Brooklyn Diners Club Card, a discount card that offers the bearer a 10% discount on all food,for dine-in at the restaurant as well as take-away! (Sorry the discount can't be applied for delivery orders!)

To get one of these cards for free, please send me a PM or mention it here in this thread. I will then produce the cards and have them ready for you to be picked up at Brooklyn Diner!

I will post our full menu here shortly, and in the mean time please order for deliveries either through Waiter On Wheels, or directly at Brooklyn Diner.

Order Hotline: 08 6004 2459

Open daily from 11AM to 3 AM!

Thanks for your attention! We appreciate your business!

• Upvote 2

That's a good offer, SunnyV.

Now, let's see that menu.

I've eaten at Brooklyn Diner only twice, and both times had the same dish (seafood linguine)...I'll try to branch out as I put in more visits.

Good luck.

I never realized Betty Boop was Thai.

But she is from Brooklyn!

IMG_8909.jpg

I've had the linguine with shrimp there and it's delicious.

I had it last night and it was delicious. Fresh shrimp, properly cooked pasta and good quality, finely diced ham added to the sauce for extra flavor. The garlic bread was a nice touch, especially with the fresh garlic on top.

The main dish cost 190 baht plus 50 baht for my Diet Coke, 240 baht total. The discount gave me 19 baht off, which I left as a tip.

IMG_8910.jpg

IMG_8911.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

Looks really good but the tomato slices look awful.

Better looking tomato slices this time round.

IMG_8917.jpg

Yesterday I was in the Brooklyn Diner at about 10 p.m. There were eight other customers at the time and all ordered pizza. A very popular item!

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 4

We had some issues with the Pizza oven and decided to repair the chimney and replace some parts in order to avoid further issues.

We expect the Pizza oven to be fully functional on Tuesday. Please bear with us in the mean time by ordering Hamburgers, Noodles, Steaks or other items from our extensive Menu.

Thanks for the comments guys, both good and bad.

This is my business, and I am happy to say I believe we are doing a (mostly) good job.

The fries issue has been brought to my attention already, I thought it was taken care of, but obviously not, so I will have another chat with my chefs.

About the bacon: I will investigate into options here, maybe we can offer both options as choice. Stay tuned!

As times are tough these days, and we try to not compromise on quality of our food, it is difficult to maintain the best available prices. For example, I was not happy with the quality of the ham we were using for Pizzas, so we changed the supplier, and found a much better and tastier one, unfortunately for 50% more cost ...

For board members here I have a very special offer:

The Brooklyn Diners Club Card, a discount card that offers the bearer a 10% discount on all food,for dine-in at the restaurant as well as take-away! (Sorry the discount can't be applied for delivery orders!)

To get one of these cards for free, please send me a PM or mention it here in this thread. I will then produce the cards and have them ready for you to be picked up at Brooklyn Diner!

I will post our full menu here shortly, and in the mean time please order for deliveries either through Waiter On Wheels, or directly at Brooklyn Diner.

Order Hotline: 08 6004 2459

Open daily from 11AM to 3 AM!

Thanks for your attention! We appreciate your business!

Hi Sunny !

Arriving in Pattaya on May 10th.

Sure to Visit you place and try some this yummy food.

Would appreciate a Discount Card in my name.

Will pick it up from your restaurant, when I get there.

Cordially,

Mangu