Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Brooklyn Diner on Soi BuaKhao - UPDATED Jan. 12, 2015

Sorry to hear about your disappointment.

Rest assured I will follow up the issue with our Manager and Chef upon my return.

We have recently changed the salami and Peperoni to a different, in my view and the view of others, more tasty brand, which is also cut thinner. But I made it clear that the thinness is to be compensated with more slices.

Hope you give it another try, we really aim to please our customers!

Why would I try again, the problem will not be fixed up as you stated it will be rectified upon your return???

Is that next week, next month or next year?

As the saying goes, once bitten twice shy

cheers

Rodney

• Downvote 4
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Brooklyn Diner serves up pizza, burgers, pasta and other familiar Western fare, plus some Thai food. It's located on Soi BuaKhao across from the entrance to Soi LK Metro.     It's not a la

A brief update. Last night I had the bacon cheeseburger with fries at 210 baht. It was very good, no complaints on my part.     Two beef patties,cheddar cheese and good-sized portion of back ba

Such a pity that you cant give an opinion without being jumped on.   My personal experience was not good, and I was not happy with the response from the owner.   I shared my opinion like so many o

Posted Images

Returned the same night as of my posting. Had a few meetings with the staff. Issue resolved. (With Thai staff, there is no 100% certainty however ...)

Really? I should accept this?

I will take a raincheck

cheers

Rodney

• Downvote 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Food looks good. I vote for crispy bacon as well.

Also, take the tails off the shrimp. I hate having to pick them up with my hands and pull the tails off before I can eat.

Burger looks like the bomb. Will check it out.

• Upvote 2

I will take a raincheck

cheers

Rodney

TIT. Btw this is not a 5 star place, try running a local place here yourself!

• 3 weeks later...

Checked out the new gaff last night. Looks pretty good to me.

Wasn't very hungry so I ordered the chili with nachos. The chili was fresh and zesty, little blob of sour cream on top which was a nice touch, the nacho chips looked store-bought but were heated and drizzled with oil, also a nice touch.

Beer was cold and reasonably priced at 55 baht.

Staff were cheerful and friendly. (I do know some guys who have poured their hearts into a restaurant only to have it ruined by clueless or unfriendly staff, so I'm glad to see Sunny Valentine's peeps had the aloha spirit).

As a side note, I gather the copyright on the Betty Boop image has expired…?

Edited by MeGoDanceNow

I will take a raincheck

cheers

Rodney

Rodney,

please do us all a favor and don't take a raincheck just simply stop this annoying nonsense you started here for whatever reason and STFU. The pizza in Brooklyn Diner is one of the best available in Pattaya and definitely the very best at these prices. I've been eating there regularly in the last few weeks after trying several establishments in the area. I was a firm believer that Pizza & Pasta has the best anchovy/capers pizza in town but was wrong. Brooklyn wins hands down. Rare addition is that you have herbs and virgin olive oil to add if that what you fancy -a nice touch that hardly anyone does in Pattaya, yet is so simple and satisfying. I also tried many of their dishes and never an issue, in fact the shrimp linguine was out of this world . The staff is friendly and try to please the customers - a rare thing in Pattaya TBH. Have absolutely no clue what is your problem with the place.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, that shrimp linguine is wonderful indeed. It was the first dish I tried there, and I found it hard to try anything else with that on the menu.

I will say, I've tried the pork schnitzel twice and been disappointed both times, so I think I'll just pass on that from now on.

And to think, New York Diner, with all the money behind it generated by Insomnia Group,

cannot even afford to buy anchovies!

So true in too many places :( . Looks like anchovies price is similar to gold one!

The very small pieces of anchovies we may find on some pizza really make them miserable :(

The pizza in Brooklyn Diner is one of the best available in Pattaya

and definitely the very best at these prices.

And what are pizza prices at Brooklyn? I read back all this topic and didn't find any.

I looked at their website and again not any pizza price I can see ??

So true in too many places :( . Looks like anchovies price is similar to gold one!

The very small pieces of anchovies we may find on some pizza really make them miserable :(

More to the point, NYD says on their Caesar Salad menu that it contains anchovies, but it didn't. When I brought it to the manager's attention, she said she would change the menu, rather than get anchovies!

And what are pizza prices at Brooklyn? I read back all this topic and didn't find any.

I looked at their website and again not any pizza price I can see ??

150 baht for the one pictured above, that is the small one, there's no way I can eat the large which I believe 250 but have to check. Had one to go about a week ago, we ate half for dinner with the mrs of the day and had cold pizza for breakfast. There's a wide selection to choose from but I am a sucker for anchovies and capers, could eat them all the time

More to the point, NYD says on their Caesar Salad menu that it contains anchovies, but it didn't. When I brought it to the manager's attention, she said she would change the menu, rather than get anchovies!

That's silly, they can get anchovies in a jar, cheaper than the canned version. Guess he just doesn't like anchovies....

150 baht for the one pictured above, that is the small one, there's no way I can eat the large which I believe 250 but have to check. Had one to go about a week ago, we ate half for dinner with the mrs of the day and had cold pizza for breakfast. There's a wide selection to choose from but I am a sucker for anchovies and capers, could eat them all the time

That's silly, they can get anchovies in a jar, cheaper than the canned version. Guess he just doesn't like anchovies....

I think that looks great, especially for 150baht. I also am a sucker for anchovies, but sometimes less is more. It can be easy for the Anchovie to dominate. So, too much can be worse than too little. Have also known pizza chefs to drizzle some of the oil that the anchovies often come in over the pizza prior to placing it in the oven, that tastes great too imho.

I look forward to trying the Brooklyn Diner. Any comparison to, or thoughts on Pizza Big, Naklua?

Rodney,

please do us all a favor and don't take a raincheck just simply stop this annoying nonsense you started here for whatever reason and STFU. The pizza in Brooklyn Diner is one of the best available in Pattaya and definitely the very best at these prices. I've been eating there regularly in the last few weeks after trying several establishments in the area. I was a firm believer that Pizza & Pasta has the best anchovy/capers pizza in town but was wrong. Brooklyn wins hands down. Rare addition is that you have herbs and virgin olive oil to add if that what you fancy -a nice touch that hardly anyone does in Pattaya, yet is so simple and satisfying. I also tried many of their dishes and never an issue, in fact the shrimp linguine was out of this world . The staff is friendly and try to please the customers - a rare thing in Pattaya TBH. Have absolutely no clue what is your problem with the place.

Such a pity that you cant give an opinion without being jumped on.

My personal experience was not good, and I was not happy with the response from the owner.

I shared my opinion like so many other board members do here but for some reason hit a bad nerve with some board members

I apologise if I offended anyone, it was just my opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.

For every ones info, I ran a go-go, in Pattaya for 2 years and I am very aware of how hard it is to find good workers, the hardships in training them and the impossible to keep them long time. I find it poor for an owner to blame the staff or to blame Thailand, in all honesty all he had to say was sorry, please come in and have another one on the house and see if we have improved or fixed the problem. To just say come in and purchase another pizza and take my word that it will be ok,. even after saying he cant guarantee his staff will make it correct, is not good enough for me and I would not go back.

You may like what I said, or maybe not but it is just my opinion so please don't dump on me as it truly is not warranted.

cheers

Rodney

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Ordered the pizza last night. Following a drunken text message to SunnyValentine, I got the number of Brooklyn Diner (086-004-2459) and ordered the anchovy and caper pizza (over the protests of my whiny-ass Commie anchovy-hating friends).

The pizza arrived quickly (just around the corner) and was delicious, with lots of salty anchovy goodness.

• Upvote 1

I think that looks great, especially for 150baht. I also am a sucker for anchovies, but sometimes less is more. It can be easy for the Anchovie to dominate. So, too much can be worse than too little. Have also known pizza chefs to drizzle some of the oil that the anchovies often come in over the pizza prior to placing it in the oven, that tastes great too imho.

I look forward to trying the Brooklyn Diner. Any comparison to, or thoughts on Pizza Big, Naklua?

I prefer Brooklyn Diner to Pizza Big, eaten from/at both.

Very good staff at Brooklyn Diner also.

Went to Brooklyn Diner this morning and had the American Breakfast. Two eggs, bacon, sausage, (not sure why they call it sausage in Thailand because it is more of a small hot dog than sausage), ham, fried potatoes, toast, juice and coffee or tea. Food was brought out hot and very well cooked. Have had the American breakfast in many places in Pattaya and this has to rate up near the top for quality and value. All this for only 99 baht. The two ladies there were very nice and friendly. Will definitely go back again to try some of the other meals they have.

Sadly anyone who serves me up a hot-dog, or a small one which I think is also called cocktail weenie, and calls this a breakfast is failing for me.

I don't think I ever got one when I was in the USA, maybe patties or links, but not lips+assholes!

Sadly anyone who serves me up a hot-dog, or a small one which I think is also called cocktail weenie, and calls this a breakfast is failing for me.

I don't think I ever got one when I was in the USA, maybe patties or links, but not lips+assholes!

Agreed 100%.

Hot dogs have one place in the universe, and that is between hot dog buns.