Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Brooklyn Diner on Soi BuaKhao - UPDATED Jan. 12, 2015

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Brooklyn Diner serves up pizza, burgers, pasta and other familiar Western fare, plus some Thai food. It's located on Soi BuaKhao across from the entrance to Soi LK Metro.     It's not a la

A brief update. Last night I had the bacon cheeseburger with fries at 210 baht. It was very good, no complaints on my part.     Two beef patties,cheddar cheese and good-sized portion of back ba

Such a pity that you cant give an opinion without being jumped on.   My personal experience was not good, and I was not happy with the response from the owner.   I shared my opinion like so many o

Posted Images

Which places actually have the breakfast sausage. It seems all that I have been to have the little weenies. (And don't tell me Pook bar)

Rich Man Poor Man has spicy sausage patties reminiscent of Jimmy Dean style. Yummy.

I need to resolve this issue with the Hot Dogs, before this goes viral and spread around the world by people who have never eaten Breakfast at Brooklyn Diner.

Unfortunately (for this purpose ...) I am in Vienna right now, and not able to just check and see.

I see three possibilities:

A) a question of definition. What is a breakfast sausage, and which of the many available ones are acceptable, and to whom.

The OP, who was very positive in his general comments on the breakfast, was not really specific. I am in town now, with only my iPad available, and my food pictures are on the laptop in our room, so I will post pictures of the original breakfast as soon as I get back, possibly in an hour or two.

B) a momentary glitch by possibly inexperienced staff. This should never happen, but if it has happened, I will take counter-measures.

C) someone along the chain of command decided on their own to help me with cost of purchase, by buying cheaper and inadequate ingredients, without my approval, and without telling me. That has happened once or twice in the past, but I thought I made it absolutely clear that this should never ever happen again.

Our Breakfast for 99 Baht is a loss leader, the total cost of ingredients sums up at approximately the sales price. We still made the decision to sell at this price, probably until Emd of October, but we did never want to compromise on food Quality or Quantity.

Stay tuned, please!

I need to resolve this issue with the Hot Dogs, before this goes viral and spread around the world by people who have never eaten Breakfast at Brooklyn Diner.

Unfortunately (for this purpose ...) I am in Vienna right now, and not able to just check and see.

I see three possibilities:

A) a question of definition. What is a breakfast sausage, and which of the many available ones are acceptable, and to whom.

The OP, who was very positive in his general comments on the breakfast, was not really specific. I am in town now, with only my iPad available, and my food pictures are on the laptop in our room, so I will post pictures of the original breakfast as soon as I get back, possibly in an hour or two.

B) a momentary glitch by possibly inexperienced staff. This should never happen, but if it has happened, I will take counter-measures.

C) someone along the chain of command decided on their own to help me with cost of purchase, by buying cheaper and inadequate ingredients, without my approval, and without telling me. That has happened once or twice in the past, but I thought I made it absolutely clear that this should never ever happen again.

HA Ha Ha

Maybe you are in the wrong business

• Downvote 1

HA Ha Ha

Maybe you are in the wrong business

Let's for a minute assume that there are more than one sausages on the market which some people consider appropriate for Breakfast, Harris Black?

For instance, a classical German Bratwurst is perfectly acceptable for Breakfast in some Countries. Even a plain Frankfurter Hot Dog sausage is quite popular for Breakfast here in Vienna.

But both of them I deem inappropriate for an English or American Breakfast.

As both of us don't know what exactly the OP had been served, there is currently only room for speculation.

I will post a picture of the sausages we usually serve for Breakfast, maybe the discussion can then leave the speculation room and concentrate on the real issue: "Does Brooklyn Diner serve inappropriate sausages with their 99 Baht full Breakfast?"

If any reader has a photo of the Breakfast they were served here, please post!

Edited by SunnyValentine

image.jpg

A picture of our Breakfast which I shot about 2 Month ago.

Jury is out if this sausage is appropriate for a 3 $ complete Breakfast?

So far we have not received complaints.

But, as I stated before, I can't rule out some glitch on our side and inappropriate substitutes having been served. In this case I would love to know details so I can take measures.

• Upvote 1

Let's for a minute assume that there are more than one sausages on the market which some people consider appropriate for Breakfast, Harris Black?

Good catch, SV. That account has been sleeping for 6 years before its first post on this topic.

Such a pity that you cant give an opinion without being jumped on.

My personal experience was not good, and I was not happy with the response from the owner.

I shared my opinion like so many other board members do here but for some reason hit a bad nerve with some board members

I apologise if I offended anyone, it was just my opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.

For every ones info, I ran a go-go, in Pattaya for 2 years and I am very aware of how hard it is to find good workers, the hardships in training them and the impossible to keep them long time. I find it poor for an owner to blame the staff or to blame Thailand, in all honesty all he had to say was sorry, please come in and have another one on the house and see if we have improved or fixed the problem. To just say come in and purchase another pizza and take my word that it will be ok,. even after saying he cant guarantee his staff will make it correct, is not good enough for me and I would not go back.

You may like what I said, or maybe not but it is just my opinion so please don't dump on me as it truly is not warranted.

cheers

Rodney

Please don't play the victim card. You did not get "jumped on" because you gave an opinion, I replied to you because you kept on insisting to give a totally false review of the place. Furthermore, their pizza is a lot more European(Italian) than it is American, so that complaint didn't really stand either. You got "jumped on" because your "review" is totally unfair. I am not sure what kind of pizza you are used to but please enlighten me for better understanding.

Hate to say it Sunny but that was not the sausage I was served. The one I was served was the same you find in most places here which is more of the hot dog type. But even that being said I thought the meal was great and the price was good. I would still recommend the restaurant to others. Try to go in last night for the linguine but it was a little crowded and didn't make it back. Will go in again for sure.

Thanks for the answer. I will have to remind my staff which sausage to use.

We have Hot Dog sausages in stock, as we sell ... Hot Dogs. But they are not meant to be used for Breakfast.

We will put this straight for once and always!

Hi. I went eat a pizza tonight at Brooklyn Diner, following this topic and the nice pics :rolleyes: ;)

We took a Pizza Napoletana (#5) and I will be honest... It's probably the best pizza that I eat this year in Pattaya :nod :smile:.

Ok, not everyone like pizza the same way, so I will say it was very similar to the pizza I used to eat in the South of France or North-West of Italia. A nice pizza, easy to eat by hand, crispy and each ingredient very tastefully (tomatoes, cheese, black olives, anchovies, ...)

A few observations:

The place is easy to find, on Soi Buakhao opposite Soi LK. You can stop at it from a bahtbus

The place is cold! really cold :( with strong aircon flow. I use to eat pizza at Pizza Italia or Costa Nostra who have both outside (no aircon) places, so here was not really comfortable for me. I know that some guys (americans?) "like aircon too much", so it may be good for them.

The place is not a pizzeria only, they have a lot of various products (US, UK, Thai) on their menu :smile:

The place doesn't look like a pizzeria, and even like a restaurant (at least with "my" French criteria). More like a bar or an small American fast-food (as seen in movies). It's not very big, about 8 tables for 2. Ok for me.

They seem to have way to many staff (8 or 9?) resulting in half of them seating at tables playing with their phone. I can't imagine how so many could be buzzy in this small place ??

The pizza are all at 150 baht Small / 230 baht Big, except the Romana at 210 and the Seafood at 260.

We took a "big" one, but to be fair they are smaller than the pizza at Pizza Italia

Drinks are cheap, like in a bar, by exemple 25 baht for a soda water

I will come back :smile:

Edited by Idefix
  • Upvote 1

I have picked up a new bad habit.

Stumbling out of Misty's last night, I rang up Brooklyn Diner and ordered the anchovy caper pizza for pickup. I told my usual moto driver we would be stopping there to pick up a pizza.

By the time we got to the restaurant the pizza was almost ready. 150 baht plus tip for a great snack to enjoy on my arrival home.

Will have to try the #5 next time.

Hi. I went eat a pizza tonight at Brooklyn Diner, following this topic and the nice pics :rolleyes: ;)

We took a Pizza Napoletana (#5) and I will be honest... It's probably the best pizza that I eat this year in Pattaya :nod :smile:.

Ok, not everyone like pizza the same way, so I will say it was very similar to the pizza I used to eat in the South of France or North-West of Italia. A nice pizza, easy to eat by hand, crispy and each ingredient very tastefully (tomatoes, cheese, black olives, anchovies, ...)

A few observations:

The place is easy to find, on Soi Buakhao opposite Soi LK. You can stop at it from a bahtbus

The place is cold! really cold :( with strong aircon flow. I use to eat pizza at Pizza Italia or Costa Nostra who have both outside (no aircon) places, so here was not really comfortable for me. I know that some guys (americans?) "like aircon too much", so it may be good for them.

The place is not a pizzeria only, they have a lot of various products (US, UK, Thai) on their menu :smile:

The place doesn't look like a pizzeria, and even like a restaurant (at least with "my" French criteria). More like a bar or an small American fast-food (as seen in movies). It's not very big, about 8 tables for 2. Ok for me.

They seem to have way to many staff (8 or 9?) resulting in half of them seating at tables playing with their phone. I can't imagine how so many could be buzzy in this small place ??

The pizza are all at 150 baht Small / 230 baht Big, except the Romana at 210 and the Seafood at 260.

We took a "big" one, but to be fair they are smaller than the pizza at Pizza Italia

Drinks are cheap, like in a bar, by exemple 25 baht for a soda water

I will come back :smile:

I've said pretty much the same thing except for your last sentence but only MeGoDanceNow seemed to pick it up.

I've said pretty much the same thing except for your last sentence but only MeGoDanceNow seemed to pick it up.

Lol. Did not want compete with you Patna :D

Your photos were for 90% in my decision to go visit this place :nod

I had a Pepperoni Pizza there yesterday. It was good - even though to MY taste the pizzas from that small Italian place in near Soi Exzyte was a little better.

What time is the breakfast served ?

Thanks for trying our Pizza, Odense!

Breakfast is served daily from 9 AM till late.

My pleasure Sunny V - as I said I liked the pizza :-)

While I had my pizza (I think it was around 19) a man tried to order the breakfast but was told: "not at this time" so perhaps it is late is late in the morning or late in the afternoon - otherwise I would not call 19 overly late.

Rich Man Poor Man has spicy sausage patties reminiscent of Jimmy Dean style. Yummy.

Yes those are very good. Two Phum Phuy on Pratumnak soi 5 also does a nice Jimmy Dean sausage